Author Topic: Daryl Angel  (Read 138923 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Re: Daryl Angel
« Reply #270 on: May 27, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »
i dont think he'll I'll lose his my sponsors, this is from 2016. He I just put out that independent part for habitat. although i dont see any of his my decks on the habitat sites atm.

goldfishboot

• Rep: 146
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
For a girl that is a POC and tries to front like she's all about women empowerment, she's a bit confused, wouldn't you say?

Mehh..she's silly.

see, I'm not a nazi! one of my friends is Al Davis! see, I'm not a woman beater, I skated with a girl!

Pigeon

« Reply #272 on: May 27, 2018, 09:23:35 AM »
What does skateboarding benefit from having Daryl Angel a part of anything?
He encourages kids to take better care of their teeth, without having to say anything.

pistachio

• Rep: -6
« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »
For a girl that is a POC and tries to front like she's all about women empowerment, she's a bit confused, wouldn't you say?

Mehh..she's silly.

She probably doesn't know about this? I do wonder, do most people in skateboarding, outside of the nerds on this site know, about this situation?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:53:53 AM by pistachio »

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2018, 12:19:03 PM »
Expand Quote
I was making fun of your world-shaking epiphany that you should judge others after you meet them, which is exactly what you should do. However, there's a couple points to make based off of that, which affect that logic in this scenario:

1. What do you think the point of this message board is? To talk about pro skaters only after you've met & assessed their personalities?
2. Normally I don't talk shit on anyone (anymore), and I try to only espouse positivity. This is a case that traverses my normal standards because someone close to Daryl has brought up photo evidence of abuse by him and there's been other indicators from Daryl himself that the photos are true. So I'm judging him, harshly, at least until he comes forward in the hopes of bringing about a positive change.

The allegations affect me and the others here because as you said, it is "OUR culture", and I don't want our culture to celebrate a spineless woman-beater. You think confronting him with this wouldn't bring about change? Dive into the Jason Jessee thread.

And if none of this is sinking in because you think I never met him and I have no jurisdiction to judge--I've met Daryl, albeit briefly, in the East Village a couple years back. He was quiet and seemed polite. That is no longer by interpretation of him.
[close]

I defintely got worked up for a moment there, it was my first post on the site after lurking for a couple years. lol im out of my league trying to portray my views in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" especially when I'm trying to still somehow keep my respect for Daryl. Everyone should speak their opinion thats what this is for... in a way thats what i did.

You're really putting Daryl on a pedal stool here.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2018, 12:27:27 PM »
Someone posted on her Instagram comments about Daryl being a woman beater but she deleted it and changed the Daryl tag on the subject to "Skateboarding".

pistachio

« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »
Someone posted on her Instagram comments about Daryl being a woman beater but she deleted it and changed the Daryl tag on the subject to "Skateboarding".

I think I see a comment that reads "Be careful, he might hit you." Not sure if that's what you're referencing?

But I'm with whoever said they'll be bumping this topic anytime it sinks beyond the first page...reading Daryl's ex's post is such a bummer and this is not the kind of stuff I want to see endorsed or being swept under the rug in skateboarding.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2018, 01:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seems like I am the only one in this thread that has any heart for Daryl's skating, he definitely has been a part of the culture over the years whether you agree or disagree, he's been on Habitat for how long?

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) anyways this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. This is my first post on the forum ever, after lurking for almost a year. I still go back to when Quel told me about creating opinions on people you've never met after so much talk has surrounded them. He told me "don't ever let anyone's opinion affect yours before you meet them, create your own upon meeting"

I'm sure i'll get shit posted for dropping names but that quote has always stuck with me. I love that moral
[close]

What the fuck is the point you're trying to make? That you learned to base your interpretation of people after you meet them? Cool, welcome to adulthood, where your maturity will age as well as your student loans.

Daryl got on Habitat just before 2010's Origins and right on time to be completely rendered null by Austyn. Fuck, Tim O'Connor's three tricks in that are better than anything I've seen Daryl do. But that's not the point: The point is there's evidence Daryl committed domestic abuse, that Bubblegum Tate deleted a thread as a favor to Daryl (enabling him), who stated he may address this issue in the future, AND Daryl acknowledged that he fucked up in an Instagram post plugging his last video part. Daryl has yet to come forward and edited his post to remove any mention of past discretions.

It doesn't matter how good he might be or what contributions he may have made to skating, Daryl needs to speak about committing abuse.
[close]

damn lol i edited that shit so quick... how did you still have that post up. and lol you literally pushed what i said into an agreeable statement. yes, i absolutely do create my own opinions on people AFTER I meet them. seems like posting in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" and bringing up adult logic is just CRAZZZZY right?
skateboarding will never grow out of a ferrel stage ever hmm? yet you want to judge skateboarders when they arent good humans. the fuck you guys put these skaters on peddle stools like they are celebrities. yes it's OUR culture, yet you should never get worked about someone you don't know.

What does this allegation of Daryl Angel affect any of you guys? it doesn't it only affects him and how he is going to move forward about it. you think this allegation will create a bad image for skateboarders? yea fucking right..

We've had just about enough out of you bud, and try heading back to second grade grammer class. We don't need dudes who beat the shit out of their girls in professional skateboarding period.

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think I see a comment that reads "Be careful, he might hit you." Not sure if that's what you're referencing?

But I'm with whoever said they'll be bumping this topic anytime it sinks beyond the first page...reading Daryl's ex's post is such a bummer and this is not the kind of stuff I want to see endorsed or being swept under the rug in skateboarding.
Didnt see that one, just this one:

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:23:32 PM by cynical cow »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
it makes me feel weird that he's a woman beater because he seems young still. i feel like people our age should know better than to do that type of shit. what made him think that was ok.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #280 on: May 27, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »
If Slap can take down Jason Jesse I’m sure it can take down the rat toothed pube that is Daryl Angel.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #281 on: May 27, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »
Expand Quote

Mehh..she's silly.

[close]

She probably doesn't know about this? I do wonder, do most people in skateboarding, outside of the nerds on this site know, about this situation?

I messaged her about Daryl w/ the picture of his beaten gf, she thanked me for letting her know, and then she removed the post.

pistachio

« Reply #282 on: May 27, 2018, 04:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mehh..she's silly.

[close]

[close]

I messaged her about Daryl w/ the picture of his beaten gf, she thanked me for letting her know, and then she removed the post.

That's great to hear. Thank you.

UL8

• Rep: 29
« Reply #283 on: May 27, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mehh..she's silly.

[close]

[close]

Good call. Sorry, whose insta was this? The pics were taken down by the time I got here.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #284 on: May 28, 2018, 12:18:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Mehh..she's silly.

[close]

[close]

[close]
Good call. Sorry, whose insta was this? The pics were taken down by the time I got here.

beatrice domond
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2018, 01:57:12 AM »
it makes me feel weird that he's a woman beater because he seems young still. i feel like people our age should know better than to do that type of shit. what made him think that was ok.

I work in homelessness services and have a lot of contact with both victim's and perpetrators of domestic violence.  Before starting in this work line of work I would of assumed similar but violence towards women is very prevalent across all sections of our communities, across all ages,  social and ethnic groups and demographics. Unfortunately men of all backgrounds love the power trip that comes from oppressing and beating women.

Whilst until this point I have not taken part in the conversation about Daryl Angel, I'm glad that it's being raised and that people are comitted to highlighting. Disgusting that he has done it but the silence of Nike, Habitat etc speaks volumes. I reckon there must be some very nervous pros out there right now.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2018, 02:23:23 PM »
Last time I saw this guy he was selling his Royal box to the worst skateshop in san jose. Fuck you Bob.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #287 on: May 28, 2018, 02:39:56 PM »
Last time I saw this guy he was selling his Royal box to the worst skateshop in san jose. Fuck you Bob.
Scumbags stick together

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2018, 06:58:25 AM »
Piece of shit is on damage control. Deleting instagram comments and posts left and right. Fuck you Daryl. You're trash.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2018, 07:23:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seems like I am the only one in this thread that has any heart for Daryl's skating, he definitely has been a part of the culture over the years whether you agree or disagree, he's been on Habitat for how long?

anyways just saw the confirmation after skimming 9 pages of personal stories of skater babies having there hearts torn up (we all got stories guys save it for the therapist) anyways this breaks my heart to see the confirmation. This is my first post on the forum ever, after lurking for almost a year. I still go back to when Quel told me about creating opinions on people you've never met after so much talk has surrounded them. He told me "don't ever let anyone's opinion affect yours before you meet them, create your own upon meeting"

I'm sure i'll get shit posted for dropping names but that quote has always stuck with me. I love that moral
[close]

What the fuck is the point you're trying to make? That you learned to base your interpretation of people after you meet them? Cool, welcome to adulthood, where your maturity will age as well as your student loans.

Daryl got on Habitat just before 2010's Origins and right on time to be completely rendered null by Austyn. Fuck, Tim O'Connor's three tricks in that are better than anything I've seen Daryl do. But that's not the point: The point is there's evidence Daryl committed domestic abuse, that Bubblegum Tate deleted a thread as a favor to Daryl (enabling him), who stated he may address this issue in the future, AND Daryl acknowledged that he fucked up in an Instagram post plugging his last video part. Daryl has yet to come forward and edited his post to remove any mention of past discretions.

It doesn't matter how good he might be or what contributions he may have made to skating, Daryl needs to speak about committing abuse.
[close]

damn lol i edited that shit so quick... how did you still have that post up. and lol you literally pushed what i said into an agreeable statement. yes, i absolutely do create my own opinions on people AFTER I meet them. seems like posting in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" and bringing up adult logic is just CRAZZZZY right?
skateboarding will never grow out of a ferrel stage ever hmm? yet you want to judge skateboarders when they arent good humans. the fuck you guys put these skaters on peddle stools like they are celebrities. yes it's OUR culture, yet you should never get worked about someone you don't know.

What does this allegation of Daryl Angel affect any of you guys? it doesn't it only affects him and how he is going to move forward about it. you think this allegation will create a bad image for skateboarders? yea fucking right..
[close]

We've had just about enough out of you bud, and try heading back to second grade grammer class. We don't need dudes who beat the shit out of their girls in professional skateboarding period.

Grammar**

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2018, 10:34:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
First, enjoy a kook.
Second, Habitat and Nike should drop Dumbo back off to the Circus. He's worthless,have you ever bought his board? I haven't even seen one in real life. He isn't moving forward with it,he shrugged it off...hence this thread and the anger towards him

Why would Daryl buy his own board?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »

Think she talked back? Or she just paid the price of his ego colliding with his subpar capabilities?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2018, 10:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
First, enjoy a kook.
Second, Habitat and Nike should drop Dumbo back off to the Circus. He's worthless,have you ever bought his board? I haven't even seen one in real life. He isn't moving forward with it,he shrugged it off...hence this thread and the anger towards him
[close]

Why would Daryl buy his own board?
Hahaha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2018, 11:58:40 AM »

Think she talked back? Or she just paid the price of his ego colliding with his subpar capabilities?
C'mon man, that ain't really fair.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »
Don't take shots at his Mom. Daryl is the piece of shit.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was making fun of your world-shaking epiphany that you should judge others after you meet them, which is exactly what you should do. However, there's a couple points to make based off of that, which affect that logic in this scenario:

1. What do you think the point of this message board is? To talk about pro skaters only after you've met & assessed their personalities?
2. Normally I don't talk shit on anyone (anymore), and I try to only espouse positivity. This is a case that traverses my normal standards because someone close to Daryl has brought up photo evidence of abuse by him and there's been other indicators from Daryl himself that the photos are true. So I'm judging him, harshly, at least until he comes forward in the hopes of bringing about a positive change.

The allegations affect me and the others here because as you said, it is "OUR culture", and I don't want our culture to celebrate a spineless woman-beater. You think confronting him with this wouldn't bring about change? Dive into the Jason Jessee thread.

And if none of this is sinking in because you think I never met him and I have no jurisdiction to judge--I've met Daryl, albeit briefly, in the East Village a couple years back. He was quiet and seemed polite. That is no longer by interpretation of him.
[close]

I defintely got worked up for a moment there, it was my first post on the site after lurking for a couple years. lol im out of my league trying to portray my views in a forum called "useless wooden toy banter" especially when I'm trying to still somehow keep my respect for Daryl. Everyone should speak their opinion thats what this is for... in a way thats what i did.
[close]

You're really putting Daryl on a pedal stool here.

Ah yes, a "pedal stool"... certainly not a pedestal. Not trying to take away from the discussion but my god dude. I really hope this is an inside joke like "so and so of company name"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #297 on: May 29, 2018, 01:18:18 PM »
pretty shitty to bring a guy's mom into it; dare I say, misogynist even?  ironic considering the subject of this thread.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

verylowimpact

• Rep: -169
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #298 on: May 29, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »
Don't take shots at his Mom. Daryl is the piece of shit.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »
You'd have to pet a pretty tall stool to support Daryl Angel at this point

wheee!