Author Topic: Skaters who have it the hardest / easiest  (Read 5767 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: Skaters who have it the hardest / easiest
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
Massimo Cavedoni - dudes been getting hammers with a good style forever now, eternal Real am.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 02:04:24 PM »
easiest: sean pablo, very small bag of tricks but has colour ways on cons and is pro, the Fa/supreme connection has done him well

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
Overall easiest probably Daniel Castillo. Don't think CK1 belongs here, he skates a ton and puts out stuff even if its not the stuff the masses hope to see from him.

Hardest I have to go with the undeservedly unpopular Jordan Hoffart.  Has consistenly delivered some of the craziest bangers ever done for well over a decade plus but always had shitty sponsors and was usually either ignored or hated on.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 10:55:46 AM »
Bams gotta be on the easiest list, any company would want to have his name a part of the brand just cause he sells product....or maybe sold, i guess things are different now but back in the day, he could probably release a 20 second part of him ollieing gutters and people would still be buying anything his connected to.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 11:22:56 AM »
Overall easiest probably Daniel Castillo. Don't think CK1 belongs here, he skates a ton and puts out stuff even if its not the stuff the masses hope to see from him.

Hardest I have to go with the undeservedly unpopular Jordan Hoffart.  Has consistenly delivered some of the craziest bangers ever done for well over a decade plus but always had shitty sponsors and was usually either ignored or hated on.

i have never understood the Hoffart hate, the dude absolutely kills it

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »
Jordan Hoffart, Dave Bachinsky, Cody Mac, and Ryan Descenzo should all just say "fuck it" and start a board company together. They all kill it and the industry obviously doesn't want to and is probably never going to shine the proper spotlight on those guys, so they might as well just start up their own shit.... Ah who am I kidding, it'd probably go out of business in less than a year  :(

uncle ducky do

• Rep: -110
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 12:26:05 PM »
Jordan Hoffart, Dave Bachinsky, Cody Mac, and Ryan Descenzo should all just say "fuck it" and start a board company together. They all kill it and the industry obviously doesn't want to and is probably never going to shine the proper spotlight on those guys, so they might as well just start up their own shit.... Ah who am I kidding, it'd probably go out of business in less than a year  :(

With the right name and good art direction that would instantly be my favorite board company.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 12:36:18 PM »
Easiest- anyone verbally sucking industry dick/ kids with "cool" pants
 Hardest- kids who don't fuck with the skateboard industry but deserve to be pro/ kids without cool pants
Free max b
FREE MAX B

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
Easiest = Not sure if veterans count, but I'll go with Kenny Anderson: Low impact style king -- doesn't have to do much (these days at least).

hardest = Moose: Very talented, I view him as a longer-limbed/gnarlier version of billy marks. Unfortunately, he's on the outs somehow.   

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »
Easiest = Not sure if veterans count, but I'll go with Kenny Anderson: Low impact style king -- doesn't have to do much (these days at least).

hardest = Moose: Very talented, I view him as a longer-limbed/gnarlier version of billy marks. Unfortunately, he's on the outs somehow.   

totally forgot about moose. good call.

someone mentioned Decenzo as well, but I'm willing to bet he's the highest paid skater on darkstar and prob up there for globe as well. dude also gets that red bull money.

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2017, 05:48:55 AM »
How is Yoshi Tanenbaum still not pro? Not even on Stereo?

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 06:11:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

totally forgot about moose. good call.

someone mentioned Decenzo as well, but I'm willing to bet he's the highest paid skater on darkstar and prob up there for globe as well. dude also gets that red bull money.

Oh yeah, forgot... moose is on mystery. I guess any skater with sponsors that are considered "uncool" & have poor brand status, would probably have it hard. Sometimes, depending on the merit of a skaters skill or style to come through for them, wouldn't matter in that case. Skating is just a microcosm for the struggle of acceptance. I think that's why some career skaters in retrospect say they wish they could have took more money from different brands, instead of honoring the "core" ideology. 

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 09:54:37 AM »
Easiest- anyone verbally sucking industry dick/ kids with "cool" pants
 Hardest- kids who don't fuck with the skateboard industry but deserve to be pro/ kids without cool pants
Free max b

This

Pants and that ugly banies.

kook nukem

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »
Came here to say Massimo has it hardest, but someone beat me to it. Easiest: Nyjah.