Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057250 times)

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • sup dog
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #44310 on: February 23, 2024, 12:52:44 PM »
My birthday is tomorrow and I decided to take the day off so I can have a few beers tonight.

I’ve been so busy lately, so I’m stoked to do something I haven’t done in a long time: absolutely fucking nothing.

A day of rest is so good for the soul.
Happy birthday :) may your next trick be your best.

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 57
« Reply #44311 on: February 23, 2024, 02:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I posted in the books thread yesterday about the book Gidget, which is about a young girl learning how to surf with these older guys. Its a pretty sweet story and I enjoyed it. Anyway, today I randomly got invited to surf by this dude who is super good, and he came out with his 12-year-old niece. He's been taking her out tandem since she was like 2, and she can surf by herself now, but they went out together anyway. They were super good and having lots of fun, and it was pretty much exactly a scene out of the book I just read.
[close]

check out season 3 of Lost Hills podcast.....some great Gidget content........

Kind of wild that getting vibed at skate spots (which I understand is much less common now than it once was) can be traced back to Miki Dora. I don't know of any direct connections he had with skateboarding, but evidently, he and Craig Stecyk were really close despite a considerable age difference. That podcast is super interesting, by the way.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #44312 on: February 24, 2024, 10:33:20 AM »
Homie is building a press.
Today we made the mold out of concrete, something none of us has ever done before so it was exciting to figure stuff out. Worked pretty well and I hope the mold will end up good, we'll see when it's dryed up.
Stoked to be part of it, can't wait to press the first board.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #44313 on: February 28, 2024, 06:59:36 AM »
Those VM006 looked so good, I spent time looking at Wallabees. I found some Clarks that are vegan suede, and had to scoop the last pair in my size...hope they fit.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44314 on: March 04, 2024, 06:31:48 PM »
My mother in law is willing to give me and my wife enough money to the point that won't be taxed for a down payment on a house. I don't know how much that can be?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44315 on: March 04, 2024, 10:56:55 PM »
My mother in law is willing to give me and my wife enough money to the point that won't be taxed for a down payment on a house. I don't know how much that can be?
Definitely talk to a tax person. Even within family, there’s a limit to how much can be transferred tax free as a gift.

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 70
« Reply #44316 on: March 05, 2024, 06:44:47 PM »
Out of the basement after a decade. I can actually go to the window now and see who’s riding down the hill in front of my house when I hear someone skating!

DefinitelyNotNeen

• Rep: 12
« Reply #44317 on: March 06, 2024, 05:03:08 PM »
Getting out of a barrel filled with ice cold water.  Wowzers!

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #44318 on: March 11, 2024, 08:02:15 PM »
Nearly broke my ankle trying to switch 360 flip a small gap back in September. It hurt worse and the recovery was longer than when I actually broke my ankle as a teen. I think a big part of that was being 17 vs being 25 now. Anyway I’m back to skating 100% again. I’ve been back skating for a few months now taking it slow but I completely lost switch 360 flips, my favorite trick. I also lost switch and nollie hardflips but the 360 flips are fully back after days of practicing them non stop. Sooo stoked. Hope I can get the hardflips back now too. People get so hyped seeing a nollie hardlfip. It’s like a magic trick.

Also I am nearly fully moved in to my new apartment and my new job is going well. Things are feeling really good compared to the absolute nightmare that 2023 was for me.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #44319 on: March 11, 2024, 10:22:47 PM »
Been having a weird time adjusting to moving back to a suburb from desolation. Drove across the street to get a snack and scope out any potential chill curb spots at the new business developements and it's like curb Disneyland 150 yds from my backyard. It has miles of hard red paint, good height, slappy curbs and curbs with sidewalk. Some higher ones and some manny pads, curved curbs. If I don't get hassled it's going to be so fun. All I've wanted skateboarding wise since I first moved 15 years ago was a single decent curb to skate like 10 ft one I grew up skating on the side of my house and now this is directly across the street.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44320 on: March 12, 2024, 08:07:13 AM »
Nearly broke my ankle trying to switch 360 flip a small gap back in September. It hurt worse and the recovery was longer than when I actually broke my ankle as a teen. I think a big part of that was being 17 vs being 25 now. Anyway I’m back to skating 100% again. I’ve been back skating for a few months now taking it slow but I completely lost switch 360 flips, my favorite trick. I also lost switch and nollie hardflips but the 360 flips are fully back after days of practicing them non stop. Sooo stoked. Hope I can get the hardflips back now too. People get so hyped seeing a nollie hardlfip. It’s like a magic trick.

Also I am nearly fully moved in to my new apartment and my new job is going well. Things are feeling really good compared to the absolute nightmare that 2023 was for me.
Hell yeah.

Heeeeey and now the username checks out ;D

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #44321 on: March 13, 2024, 10:27:43 PM »
Found in Yubatuckey of all places.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44322 on: March 16, 2024, 03:55:34 PM »
Today was the first day since I sprained my ankle in December that I didn't have any real pain in my ankle and didn't have to warm it up for like 30 minutes.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #44323 on: March 16, 2024, 05:17:25 PM »
Got my fork life ticket today. Beauty fuckin day out. 20 degrees. Just watching some new skate parts, particularly TJ Roger's SK8MAFIA video. Getting stoked to go skate.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44324 on: March 16, 2024, 05:31:59 PM »

I think the gift rule is $16k per person in 2024. Could be wrong, so thats $32k. Numerous family members, like parents, siblings, and grandparents can gift you each 16k per year

Edit:18k in 2024

https://smartasset.com/retirement/gift-tax-limits
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #44325 on: March 17, 2024, 09:20:07 AM »
Wrong thread.
I cleaned my head
I just needed bongs Andt o brush my stupid teef. Fuck everything I'm going to the curb
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 09:46:26 AM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #44326 on: March 17, 2024, 02:27:47 PM »
Been doing cold showers this month. Not too bad after the first few minutes, feel like it’s helped stress wise.

Skating for the first time in a month. My kid’s school is a curb paradise. Got some frontside and didn’t get pitched.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44327 on: March 17, 2024, 03:29:46 PM »
The worse the Sunday morning the better the afternoon session.

Tourist are incredible for my self esteem with the ballerina talk. I feel like I'm in the ice capades sometimes.

People treat skaters really well around here now. It's frickin amazing.

One time this kid whispered to his mother. He COOLER than Darth Vader.
I was kinda tripping about. I was full regalia that day with board just riding the green line to hell. The clinic. I was almost off.

Coming up on 8 years off the clinic. Haha. Thank you skatebloard. Thank you. It's 1000 what keeps me safe. My highest power

Also don't break character when people are tripping on your get up.

Stay stoic look straight ahead with your blasters on.
It's the big lenses. They scream that person isn't prey at all. True true but I'm basically Mr Rogers now.
(A)pl(E)

wahwahwah

• Rep: -2
« Reply #44328 on: March 17, 2024, 11:40:47 PM »
got a new job

FUCK MCD
FUCK MCD
FUCK MCD
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #44329 on: March 19, 2024, 10:34:53 AM »
My baby boy turns 2 today!!!

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #44330 on: March 19, 2024, 11:07:44 AM »
Just pushing around. Coming back from an injury and my physical therapist basically told me i need to start pushing around just to build up those muscles and acclimate my body to moving that way.

Anyway, i just pushed around the neighborhood on my cruiser, carved down a little mini hill, and hit this dirt path that’s slightly downhill. Man that felt good, I’m definitely doing the same thing every day it’s dry

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 41
« Reply #44331 on: March 19, 2024, 02:07:48 PM »
I’m a dad now.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #44332 on: March 19, 2024, 03:38:04 PM »
I’m a dad now.

Hell yeah. Congratulations. I hope ya all get enough sleep. :)
IG: @flowterspace

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #44333 on: March 19, 2024, 05:11:00 PM »
Found out baby #2 is a boy, and due in September. Can't wait to build a mini ramp!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44334 on: March 27, 2024, 01:28:43 PM »
Hahaha! YES! The main board survived the rain. No sog out. Bearings are tops and my trucks longer covered in staph.

Thanx Karen

I wonder. Has perforated griptape played a role in such a return to dry? Cuz it should be done
(A)pl(E)

meaningless mess

• Rep: 37
« Reply #44335 on: Today at 08:24:12 AM »
Upgraded my TV yesterday. Going from a 43" to a 65" has me feeling like a little kid with a new toy.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #44336 on: Today at 02:50:17 PM »
Get paid tomorrow.

Treated myself to some new kitchen knives - a set of four. Feels very adult and I like that.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #44337 on: Today at 04:33:00 PM »
just got done replacing the brake pads on my car... may not seem like a big deal, but for the first time in my life I have made multiple successful repairs on my car. I used to just pay to have someone else do simple repairs, but as I've gotten older, I've realized how asinine it is to spend hundreds of dollars on something you can just do yourself. I did not grow up working on cars or having mechanical issues broken down and taught to me. youtube is a hell of a resource. feels good.