Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 463659 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1290 on: March 16, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
That version of events was taken directly from the report.  Suarez can say what he wants to the Uruguayan papers.  I've thought Suarez was an absolute scumbag long before this incident anyway.  I think John Terry is a scumbag too but I still support him when he wears a Chelsea shirt.  I think he should be punished as well if proven guilty.  It's disapointing to me that John Terry resorted to that language during a match but I'm not going to wear a T-shirt with his face on it the day the decision is announced and I'm not going to make monkey gestures to Ferdinand the next time we play QPR.  Because it's so widespread is not a reasonable excuse.  You're fucking ridiculous.  I do not believe that racism exists in every game...that's a fucking joke.  The FA has a reputation for punishing racism in it's leagues unlike whatever league you play in with a bunch of overly competitive racist assholes who probably just have a stick up their ass because they could never make it at the professional level.  I'm done defending a decision that isn't even relevant anymore. 

And besides we were just laughing at a funny gif...I'm not sure why you even started this unless you were looking for a chance to let the people who visit this thread know that you're tolerant of racists and you're super good at soccer.
I still don't think you get it bro. He's like, super fucking good!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2554
« Reply #1291 on: March 16, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
simply because he happened to say some shit to PATRICE EVRA of all people

There he goes again... *sigh*

To translate: It's ok to be racist as long as the person on the receiving end is an idiot.

Also, it's funny how he assumes that he understands the game better than everyone else on a forum (including all the European posters).
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1292 on: March 17, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
Holy shit. I really hope Muamba comes out of this okay.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #1293 on: March 17, 2012, 02:45:29 PM »
I like watching soccer on the Spanish channel. I laugh my ass off every time the announcer yells GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for like as long as he fucking can.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1294 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:42 AM »

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #1295 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:14 AM »
For all you Euros, you'll love this!

http://gxiso.com/ebooks/194974-paninis-stickers-albums-world-cups-euros.html

Oh god. I loved those when I was young. I'm going to get them all.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1296 on: April 03, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
wow, barca vs. milan what a bad ref.
he destroyed the begining of a good game by giving at least on penalty that was unnecessary. after that it was a walk in the park for barca who played very poor tonight, milan was the better team barca the lucky one.
at least i'm hyped on alabas assist during the bayern game.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1297 on: April 03, 2012, 05:10:32 PM »
obligatory

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1298 on: April 03, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »

At first I was like "YES! Someone neutral is stoked on Alaba!" But then I saw it was you... Nevermind, others will come around soon!

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1299 on: April 04, 2012, 02:37:29 AM »
Man United 5 points clear of Man city!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #1300 on: April 04, 2012, 05:06:41 AM »
he destroyed the begining of a good game by giving at least on penalty that was unnecessary. after that it was a walk in the park for barca who played very poor tonight, milan was the better team barca the lucky one.
Haha.. Wut??

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1301 on: April 04, 2012, 05:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha.. Wut??

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1302 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:36 PM »
Nice one Meireles.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1303 on: April 04, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »
Shame. Benfica was better with 10 than chelsea with 11. Benfica tried to play the game called football.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1304 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:10 PM »
Wigan!  Wow, did not see that coming.  Race might not be over yet.  I think Chelsea pretty much blew there chance at 4th with the latest draw too.  Too hard of a fixture list.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1305 on: April 11, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
I really hope that Wigan goes on to beat the drop on the back of that win against man. U. They were so shitty for so long but I actually kind of like watching them play out of all the bottom 4-5 teams and I felt that they were really unlucky to drop points on a few occasions earlier in the season.

I don't really think that chelsea or tottenham have the stones right now to secure a champions league place for themselves. Also, newcastle is absolute fiyah right now with Cisse and Ben Arfa on top of their respective games; would be awesome to see them in the champs league next season, provided they keep some of their better players.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1306 on: April 18, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
chelsea!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1307 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06:54 AM »
I stripped down to my underwear after Drogba scored and waved my shirt around my head like a helicopter.

jackherer

« Reply #1308 on: April 19, 2012, 07:25:40 AM »
Shame. Benfica was better with 10 than chelsea with 11. Benfica tried to play the game called football.

exactly. chelsea's lame ass track and field team does not deserve to be this far into CL.

i am not a barcelona fan but I feel sorry for their fans. even as a madrid fan, it is still always frustrating to watch a clearly superior team dominate a game and still lose. barca had some shit luck there. the rain was also a huge bit of luck for chelsea. it is frustrating to see teams get rewarded for playing that kind of game. it was like watching spain lose to switzerland all over again.

and shame on drogba for playing like such a bitch all game. i mean we all know barca has some world class divers (busquets) but i really did not expect a guy like drogba to sink to his level. he actually somehow managed to out-dive busquets.

however, in the end it the fact is barca should have been able to capitalize on their chances, and that is why they lost. hopefully chelsea pulls another win out of their ass next week, madrid wins, and then brings chelsea back down to earth. they will not be able to play that shameful strategy against madrid because we do not rely on possession to win games and can counter too.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:27:49 AM by jackherer »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1309 on: April 19, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »
You mean you didn't expect Drogba to act like a goon?

jackherer

« Reply #1310 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:07 AM »
considering this is likely his last CL ever, and quite possibly his last CL tie since i do not think they will go to the finals, i thought he would try to go out with more class than that. i should have known better.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1311 on: April 19, 2012, 07:58:28 AM »
Ya it sucks when something unpredictable happens in football.  I think that when the stats in a game are so one sided they should probably just score a few own goals in stoppage time to punish them for their negative play.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1312 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

exactly. chelsea's lame ass track and field team does not deserve to be this far into CL.

i am not a barcelona fan but I feel sorry for their fans. even as a madrid fan, it is still always frustrating to watch a clearly superior team dominate a game and still lose. barca had some shit luck there. the rain was also a huge bit of luck for chelsea. it is frustrating to see teams get rewarded for playing that kind of game. it was like watching spain lose to switzerland all over again.

and shame on drogba for playing like such a bitch all game. i mean we all know barca has some world class divers (busquets) but i really did not expect a guy like drogba to sink to his level. he actually somehow managed to out-dive busquets.

however, in the end it the fact is barca should have been able to capitalize on their chances, and that is why they lost. hopefully chelsea pulls another win out of their ass next week, madrid wins, and then brings chelsea back down to earth. they will not be able to play that shameful strategy against madrid because we do not rely on possession to win games and can counter too.

that's a ridicules argument, claiming rain helped the winning team are you being serious?
they didn't play fast attacking football, but they know that playing the way they played was the only way to beat barcelona, and if that means playing rough and physical to get to the champions league then any team is going to do that no matter what.

jackherer

« Reply #1313 on: April 19, 2012, 09:06:10 AM »
a ridiculous argument? you obviously don't know what  the fuck you're talking about. why do you think teams that play barca leave the grass long and water it before games? the wetter and longer, the harder it is to play quick passing possession football, aka barcelona style of football. this is done by literally every team who plays barca, so considering that aside from wetting the grass, it actually RAINED during the game, the only way you can say that rain did not play in chelsea's favour is if you don't know a thing about football.

obviously chelsea played the right strategy because it worked. but it doesn't mean it's not disgraceful. and that is my opinion despite not being a barca fan at all, if anything, i want chelsea to win because they will be much easier to defeat for madrid. what im saying is just what everyone who is not a chelsea fan is saying.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:40:36 AM by jackherer »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1314 on: April 20, 2012, 08:28:32 AM »
This is cool:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/20-seasons.html

I really liked Le Tissier's first goal
Newcastle's comeback vs. Arsenal
And I went with: Van Der Sar, Neville, Terry, Adams, A. Cole, Cristiano, Viera, Makalele, Giggs, Henry, Shearer

thepman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1315 on: April 20, 2012, 04:33:15 PM »
This is cool:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/20-seasons.html

I really liked Le Tissier's first goal
Newcastle's comeback vs. Arsenal
And I went with: Van Der Sar, Neville, Terry, Adams, A. Cole, Cristiano, Viera, Makalele, Giggs, Henry, Shearer

I've gone with Schmeichel, Gary Neville, Jaap Stam, Sol Campbell, Ashely Cole, Ronaldo, Paul Scholes, Fabregas, Ryan Giggs, Henry and Cantona.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1316 on: April 24, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »
John Terry jumping straight back to the upper echelons of the goon squad.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1317 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:42 PM »
Torres!

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1318 on: April 24, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH TORRES

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1319 on: April 24, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »
That game was crazy.