Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 463311 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2561
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #4140 on: July 13, 2016, 06:12:24 AM »
That was the most fucked-up sports happening I've seen in my entire life (on TV, sadly)

Probably for the best, eh? That would have been too traumatic, I think.

Expand Quote
Anyone read about the new format being introduced for the EC in 2020? So fucked up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro_2020
[close]
Dafuq?? Multiple countries, one game in Baku next could be in Glasgow? Bummer for the travelling fans.

Yeah, it makes no sense, and is obviously not geared towards the people actually attending matches.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

HBeezy561

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4141 on: August 03, 2016, 03:53:39 AM »
Can someone help me with some links for games. All mine or down. Or does any one mess with the firestick?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4142 on: August 03, 2016, 06:07:29 AM »
What about Roja Directa? Haven't used it in a minute, but I think it's still up, no?

HBeezy561

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4143 on: August 07, 2016, 05:19:46 AM »
ill check it out thanks

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 157
« Reply #4144 on: August 07, 2016, 06:00:15 AM »
Can someone help me with some links for games. All mine or down. Or does any one mess with the firestick?

Just use sopcast - available for win and os x. Then search soccer + sopcast and you end up something like this: http://www.livefootballol.me/sopcast-channel-list-2016.html

Choose a game with sopcast, press the link and it start automatically. If your on pc you can try the acestream app too - but im on os x so havent tried that one.

Zlatan is making his contest debute today for Man United :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:05:48 AM by Mr.Jenkins »

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #4145 on: August 09, 2016, 01:30:32 AM »
Have we got a SLAP fantasy league this season?

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4146 on: August 10, 2016, 06:17:33 PM »
Crosspost with the Olympics thread. Brazil will never get Olympic gold. Ever. It's easier to imagine, say, a decathlon athlete winning the gold medal than the male national soccer team winning the gold. The ladies fare a lot better, but I'm sure Marta will end up getting the shits or rolling her ankle and losing like always, and losing the Ballon d'Or to some Japanese semi-pro player or to someone who plays in a five-team unified North American league. Sometimes I forget how upset soccer makes me. I'm a flawed man, but soccer manages to make me way more upset than all of my fuck-ups in life.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4147 on: August 10, 2016, 06:31:31 PM »
Crosspost with the Olympics thread. Brazil will never get Olympic gold. Ever. It's easier to imagine, say, a decathlon athlete winning the gold medal than the male national soccer team winning the gold. The ladies fare a lot better, but I'm sure Marta will end up getting the shits or rolling her ankle and losing like always, and losing the Ballon d'Or to some Japanese semi-pro player or to someone who plays in a five-team unified North American league. Sometimes I forget how upset soccer makes me. I'm a flawed man, but soccer manages to make me way more upset than all of my fuck-ups in life.
Not soccer but whats up with Brazilian accents? some people it seems like from further south in the country seem to pronounce their r's really strongly like "ARR" where as in Rio they don't seem to do that? is that a thing or am i completely mistaken?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4148 on: August 11, 2016, 05:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Not soccer but whats up with Brazilian accents? some people it seems like from further south in the country seem to pronounce their r's really strongly like "ARR" where as in Rio they don't seem to do that? is that a thing or am i completely mistaken?
[close]

Fortunately I bit my tongue there. I fell asleep during the second half, though. Yeah...
Rio's Rs are strong, but in a different way. Some letters, like R and S and X can be really stretched out, sounding kinda Irish or Scottish. I speak with a Rio accent due to family. As for the southern accents, I'm not really familiar with Gauchos speaking English, but I don't think the Rs are particularly strong or harsh.
ahh cheers maybe I got it backwards, I also meant while speaking Portuguese, but yea it does sounds kind of Irish or Scottish, it sounds like they switch accents for the words that end with r's while speaking Portuguese if that makes sense

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #4149 on: August 11, 2016, 12:32:37 PM »
SLAP EPL Fantasy Code:  41214-14906

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4150 on: August 20, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »
Not looking good for Brazil. 1 shot on target over 70 minutes  :-\

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4151 on: August 21, 2016, 02:53:48 AM »
Not looking good for Brazil. 1 shot on target over 70 minutes  :-\
Good shout Tracer, maybe you should buy a lotto ticket with skills like this.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #4152 on: October 05, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »
Spurs vs Man City was one of the best EPL games I've seen in a while, especially as a Spurs fan.  Who are people rooting for this season?

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #4153 on: October 05, 2016, 10:59:10 PM »
Spurs vs Man City was one of the best EPL games I've seen in a while, especially as a Spurs fan.  Who are people rooting for this season?

I wish I had time to catch more of the season so far, but it's been fun times following along with Liverpool lately. They seem back to their unpredictable best, a refreshing departure from the "how are they going to fuck up a 2 goal lead this time?" days. Can't wait for the United game after the break.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4154 on: October 19, 2016, 01:33:27 PM »
Messi being Messi

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4155 on: October 23, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
Not a Chelsea fan but hate Man U more, good weekend for Liverpool with everyone else around them drawing or losing except Chelsea. Mourinho made to look like a cunt by Hazard. Dont see Mata playing much now either

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4156 on: November 27, 2016, 07:26:16 AM »
Go Bournemouth!  :D

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4157 on: November 27, 2016, 08:18:24 AM »
I am an Eintracht Frankfurt fan and it is the first time in 20 years that they have a good team! This season they beat Schalke, Leverkusen and even tied Bayern Munich. I went to the stadium yesterday and watched them beat Borussia Dortmund 2-1. They are now third in the Bundesliga. It's a beatiful thing!

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4158 on: November 27, 2016, 10:03:29 AM »
My team is Flamengo and they flaked once again. The league is coming to a close and our chances of winning are officially gone. The super dank zesty "SMELLS LIKE THE 7TH [league title]" memes were not only annoying, but they bit the FLAMENGO NATION in the ass. We're making it to the Libertadores cup next year, but I'm sure this will be a waste of everyone's time. Flamengo only makes it to the Libertadores to lose against the B-teams of Mexican clubs, draw against Andean clubs away, and lead matched 2-0 only to lose by 3-2. I make a point of not watching Flamengo play ever, because every single minute of playtime I've watched in the last three years were nothing but pain.

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #4159 on: November 27, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »
Brighton and Hove Albion FC represent. Won yesterday, sitting in 2nd in the Championship (second highest tier of English football). Would love to see my team get promoted, tho realistically cant see them doing overly well in the prem.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4160 on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:06 AM »
Horrible, saddening, unbelievable news. The plane taking Chapecoense to Colombia, for the first leg of the Sudamericana Cup finals, has crashed on its way to Medellin. 76 dead, 5 survivors as we speak. They were huge underdogs against Atletico Nacional, the team is new amongst the Brazilian elite, and it was the most important match in their history as a club... which makes the tragedy even more absurd and shocking.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4161 on: November 29, 2016, 06:40:00 AM »
Fuck me thats terrible.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #4162 on: November 29, 2016, 09:02:10 AM »
Horrible, saddening, unbelievable news. The plane taking Chapecoense to Colombia, for the first leg of the Sudamericana Cup finals, has crashed on its way to Medellin. 76 dead, 5 survivors as we speak. They were huge underdogs against Atletico Nacional, the team is new amongst the Brazilian elite, and it was the most important match in their history as a club... which makes the tragedy even more absurd and shocking.

Saw that on TV, got instant chills all over. Such a saddening tragedy, and even more in a country were football is such a big thing. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4163 on: November 29, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
This made me well up. RIP.

"Their opponents, Colombian team Atletico Nacional, have offered to concede the game to ensure Chapecoense are declared the champions."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38152105

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #4164 on: January 01, 2017, 02:00:20 AM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4165 on: January 01, 2017, 05:31:52 AM »
hahahhaa

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4166 on: January 01, 2017, 05:44:38 AM »
There's a real rematch coming up this year -- the Olympic finals didn't count! -- and Russia 2018 is coming on horseback. Brazil will avenge themselves by soundly beating Germany 1-0 for the third place match with the finest type of Tite football.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4167 on: January 01, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »
haha what a bastard thats jokes

20matar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4168 on: January 01, 2017, 07:15:01 AM »
Otaku, your username made me realize I forgot to watch the Emperor's Cup finals this year... it was always the best way to start the year, football-wise. My knowledge of "Asian" football begins and ends with the A-League bloopers in Australia, though.

Each season the video gets longer... I'd be right at home playing there!

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4169 on: January 01, 2017, 07:34:21 AM »
That kind of makes me interested to watch an actual game and compare to the MLS league here, which frankly can be quite dull for me to watch at times, seems like the Australian league is maintaining a high entertainment value regardless.