Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 463103 times)

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #4260 on: October 03, 2018, 05:26:27 AM »
Wow, my team, Bayern, is not doing that well. Oh, well, at least Real lost, so I'm ok.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -341
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #4261 on: October 03, 2018, 06:05:58 AM »
man u is absolute shit. they should’ve had an easy time with both west ham and valencia. i’m loving every minute of it.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #4262 on: October 03, 2018, 05:45:20 PM »
Man Utd is absolute dog shit and they have been for about 6 years if we are honest. This is amazing I love the way they are just going down the shitter. COYG

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4263 on: October 03, 2018, 08:10:15 PM »
As an ardent United supporter, I agree. We are currently shit, and have been since Ferguson left. We haven't been able to find an effective leader to mold the kind of team we had through the nineties and early 2000s.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4264 on: October 04, 2018, 01:39:40 AM »
Wow, my team, Bayern, is not doing that well. Oh, well, at least Real lost, so I'm ok.

What do you expect? They spent like an average Bundesliga team this season, but have expectations like FC Barcelona. Too many washed up old guys on the team. I think Kovac will have to go soon, even though it is not his fault.

I am excited about my team Eintracht Frankfurt playing Lazio Roma in the Euro Cup tonight! I think with all the excitement about playing on the international stage again and their upset in Marseille I think they might have a shot at winning.
I don't have too many expectations for my team this year, though. If they don't get relagated to the second division and play a few good matches in the Euro Cup this year I am happy. The main problem is they only have about 13 good players and most of the subs just aren't good enough for the Bundesliga. Unfortunately money rules everything in Football, and the same teams are on top every year.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4265 on: October 04, 2018, 02:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What do you expect? They spent like an average Bundesliga team this season, but have expectations like FC Barcelona. Too many washed up old guys on the team. I think Kovac will have to go soon, even though it is not his fault.

I am excited about my team Eintracht Frankfurt playing Lazio Roma in the Euro Cup tonight! I think with all the excitement about playing on the international stage again and their upset in Marseille I think they might have a shot at winning.
I don't have too many expectations for my team this year, though. If they don't get relagated to the second division and play a few good matches in the Euro Cup this year I am happy. The main problem is they only have about 13 good players and most of the subs just aren't good enough for the Bundesliga. Unfortunately money rules everything in Football, and the same teams are on top every year.

I know, I know...

Yes. Champions League is for the richest top 10 teams, nobody stands a chance, really.

Good luck this season, buddy. I want more German teams out there.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #4266 on: October 04, 2018, 01:35:50 PM »
As an ardent United supporter, I agree. We are currently shit, and have been since Ferguson left. We haven't been able to find an effective leader to mold the kind of team we had through the nineties and early 2000s.

Sorry for you mate but it’s the way football goes in the premiership and the problem starts at the top at that club not many smart football ppl

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4267 on: October 04, 2018, 02:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know, I know...

Yes. Champions League is for the richest top 10 teams, nobody stands a chance, really.

Yes! Eintracht beats Lazio Roma 4-1 !!!!!!

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -341
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #4268 on: March 31, 2019, 04:45:08 AM »
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that Tottenham is trash.

#COYG
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #4269 on: March 31, 2019, 04:58:02 AM »
1-0 Celtic, zombies down to ten at half time. Looking forward to Liverpool against Spurs later also.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #4270 on: March 31, 2019, 11:15:29 AM »
Bumping this thread to remind everyone that Tottenham is trash.

#COYG
Liverpool is very very lucky this season

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4271 on: April 01, 2019, 02:12:01 AM »

I know, I know...

Well, Ajax just broke that barrier. My heart still races when I think about that Real - Ajax match.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
« Reply #4272 on: May 07, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »
Well that was one of the sickest games I've ever watched
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4273 on: May 07, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »

Dude. DUUUUUUUDE.

Divock. Gini.

Fucking Barcelona looked shell shocked. I hope Bob Coutinho gets a wedgie.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4274 on: May 08, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude. DUUUUUUUDE.

Divock. Gini.

Fucking Barcelona looked shell shocked. I hope Bob Coutinho gets a wedgie.

Bruh...Bruh...

Speakr

« Reply #4275 on: May 08, 2019, 01:37:57 AM »
That match was insane. Somehow giving me a whole lot of extra anxiety for tonights match. Definitely thought Ajax - Barca would be the final.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4276 on: May 08, 2019, 04:41:58 AM »
Every year the cup doesn’t land in Spain is a good year to me. Spanish teams broke my heart too many times.
I’d like Ajax to win since it would be kind of a Leicester move but with Liverpool in it it will be a good final anyways.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4277 on: May 08, 2019, 03:34:49 PM »
Again, wtf football?

Speakr

« Reply #4278 on: May 09, 2019, 01:37:28 AM »
Yeah wtf. Probably a great match for neutral viewers, but that was the worst night of my life.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #4279 on: May 09, 2019, 03:28:56 AM »
I really wanted to see Ajax make it through to the final. What an amazing team. Congratulations Ajax on a great run, and for playing beautiful football for the fans. Maybe if Neres was able to play in leg 2? What if he didn't hit the post in leg 1 and Ziyech hit the post in leg 2? That's football I guess. Looking forward to seeing De Jong at Barca, and wherever De Ligt goes. Hopefully they can retain some players to have a good crack at it again next year.

An all English final mean if Man City do win the PL, their achievements won't look as good with and ENglish team winning their coveted Champions League.

Final day of the PL should be a good one too.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4280 on: May 09, 2019, 03:42:41 AM »
I enjoyed both second legs of the semi finals. Barcelona didn't turn up, was funny seeing Messi almost in tears, I hope Liverpool win it.
Was gutted for Ajax but they did very well to get that far.
Would love to see Man City bottle it on Sunday. I'm not a Liverpool supporter but the money City piss away is sick.
I'm hope Francfort can get threw tonight.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4281 on: May 09, 2019, 06:55:21 AM »
Yeah, I felt so bad for Ajax. They didn't deserve to go out like that. Also hoping for City to eat shit.

Frankfurt got slaughtered in their last BL game, hope they can bounce back.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4282 on: May 10, 2019, 12:26:14 AM »
Damn Frankfurt almost did it !
All English finals... I'm sure they will gloat about that for ages.

Speakr

« Reply #4283 on: May 10, 2019, 02:04:27 AM »
Bring on the 'it's coming home' meming again...

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #4284 on: May 10, 2019, 02:26:54 AM »

...but how many English players? :o

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4285 on: May 10, 2019, 02:08:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know but it is what it is. CL is a giant money/marketing machine. It is what it is.

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4286 on: May 10, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know but it is what it is. CL is a giant money/marketing machine. It is what it is.

I have been a Frankfurt fan all my life and that was a really amazing match yesterday, even though it was pretty sad in the end.

I guess money can and does buy championships. It did take the premier league a few years, however until they managed to turn their financial superiority into international championships. The sad thing is that to keep up the other leagues are gonna try to go for the same TV deals the Premier League has done: So there are gonna be 3 different match days a week and you are gonna need to pay for three different subscriptions to watch all the matches of your favorite team. Also there are gonna be even more teams turning into big publicly traded company (Munich and Dortmunda are already traded on the stock market) and Teams being bought up by big companies (Wolfsburg is already owned by Volkswagen, Leverkusen is owned by Bayer and Leipzig is owned by Red Bull) or billionairs is going to continue.   

Fuck all that!

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4287 on: May 11, 2019, 07:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I have been a Frankfurt fan all my life and that was a really amazing match yesterday, even though it was pretty sad in the end.

I guess money can and does buy championships. It did take the premier league a few years, however until they managed to turn their financial superiority into international championships. The sad thing is that to keep up the other leagues are gonna try to go for the same TV deals the Premier League has done: So there are gonna be 3 different match days a week and you are gonna need to pay for three different subscriptions to watch all the matches of your favorite team. Also there are gonna be even more teams turning into big publicly traded company (Munich and Dortmunda are already traded on the stock market) and Teams being bought up by big companies (Wolfsburg is already owned by Volkswagen, Leverkusen is owned by Bayer and Leipzig is owned by Red Bull) or billionairs is going to continue.   

Fuck all that!

Yep. Look at the ligue 1 in France, honestly it would be a great league if there wasn't PSG.
Modern football sucks.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4288 on: May 11, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
Did you guys see this? The Euro super league rears its ugly head again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/09/sports/champions-league-europe-restructuring.html

"While officials from the continent’s biggest clubs and UEFA, which governs the sport in Europe and organizes the Champions League, have suggested that there is a suite of options on the table, documents obtained by The New York Times outline only one developed plan.

If approved, it would calcify the Champions League into a competition dominated by a small group of elite clubs and leave as few as four of its 32 places available for teams from leagues in Europe’s 55 national federations. "

Edit: linked wrong story
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:18:30 AM by Alan »

Speakr

« Reply #4289 on: May 11, 2019, 09:37:41 AM »
Yeah that would be extremely ugly. The champions league is already the same teams with about 4 'wildcards' each year. And those upsets are some of the most interesting matches.