Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 463146 times)

Alan

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1230 on: March 05, 2012, 03:48:29 AM »
Is there a downloadable/streamable tv show with highlights from all the major European leagues? Something like MOTD but covering the big 5? Any help would be appreciated!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1231 on: March 05, 2012, 11:46:56 AM »
Is there a downloadable/streamable tv show with highlights from all the major European leagues? Something like MOTD but covering the big 5? Any help would be appreciated!

The big 5 eh?  What's that?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1232 on: March 05, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
The English, Spanish, German, Italian and French first divisions...

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1233 on: March 05, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
This is the site I use to download full games but they have streaming highlights from all over europe too. They usually upload the larger teams' games from the big 5 leagues every week, plus sometimes a few of the lesser EPL matchups. The video quality for the highlights is often not to great but the match downloads are usually very watchable. You have to sign up for an account to download but they don't send any spam to you email if you don't want them to.

http://www.myfootball.tv/profiles/blog/list
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:13:29 PM by weedpop »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1234 on: March 05, 2012, 05:19:04 PM »
The English, Spanish, German, Italian and French first divisions...

Oh, never heard those leagues called that before.  It's more like the big 3 plus Bayern.  Idk 101greatgoals has all the highlights but it's no MOTD.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1235 on: March 06, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »
Cheers Weedpop, will give it a try!

Chock, they are the best leagues in Europe, then you have Holland a distant 6th, maybe throw in Portugal and Russia. I'm talking overall quality of football, not just international success!* And yeah, 101GG is great for individual match highlights but I just want to sit back, drink a beer and watch them all in one go...

*For that matter, Bundesliga is very competitive and exciting to watch, even more so than Primera and Serie A...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:56:31 AM by Alan »

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #1236 on: March 06, 2012, 03:54:17 AM »

You should check out footytube.com.. Highlights/recaps from all the matches in all the big leagues

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1237 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:41 PM »
2 more for arsenal....

mds

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1238 on: March 06, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »
its on

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1239 on: March 06, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #1240 on: March 07, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
Is Messi even human..?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #1241 on: March 08, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »
Podolski to Arsenal?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1032587/lukas-podolski-agrees-L10.9m-arsenal-move?cc=5901

Last I checked, he wasn't a very defensive minded player...

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1242 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:20 AM »
he always seemed like a talented player who wasn't able to show a constant performance. we'll see.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1243 on: March 08, 2012, 05:36:26 AM »
I saw that on sky sports news earlier.

Hes been impressive when I've seen him play for Germany, but alot of people seem to think hes not as consistent for his club.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at Arsenal.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1244 on: March 08, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »
Just saying that they should probably be looking at defensive players before attacking players.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #1245 on: March 08, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »

http://www.rojadirecta.me/

And you can search for links from past games in the forums:

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/forumdisplay.php?15

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1246 on: March 08, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
Thanks for that ^^. I was having trouble finding links for the barcelona v. leverkusen game that were still active. Seems Barca has a pretty big web presence/anti-copyright infringement team.

As for arsenal, I think that getting another striker as cover for Van Persie is just as important for them as picking up more defenders. If he gets injured before the end of this season I can't see them holding on to 4th place, given the production of their other attacking players.
They could definitely do with another right back though, and they need more cover in central defense as well which is a bit ridiculous considering they just bought mertesaker in the summer. He's been atrocious though for the most part; I honestly would be terrified to bring that guy on as a substitute in even a moderately important game.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1247 on: March 08, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
Good point. Hedging their bets in case Van Persie leaves.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1248 on: March 08, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
What do you think the Arsenal squad is going to look like with Wilshire in it next year?  It looks like Ox is replacing Ramsey in the starting XI no?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1249 on: March 09, 2012, 02:06:26 AM »
------------------------Goal of the week----------------------------

Sporting 1-0 Man City (HD) ru

ALT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1250 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12:18 AM »
Expand Quote
My dad got tickets for the Chelsea - Stoke game next month. Neither of us are Chelsea fans but the stadium is just down the road from my sisters place. So we are gonna go when we visit her.
[close]

Nice!  Too bad the So Bar is closed down...I would've recommended that.  Hopefully the attitude in the stadium isn't as toxic by that point.  You don't want to have to sit next to a bunch of angry, whining men all day.  Let me know how you like it.
It was pretty awesome!

Heres a long ass post of what I remember if you're bored.

We started off by parking the car near my sisters old place in South Kensington. Man that place looks mad. All those multimillion pond houses and porsche's and ferrari's everywhere.

So we walked down a bit towards the ground to look for a pub. We found this place almost right next to where we parked in Kensington, so we went in there and sat down outside. Most of the time we were there my dad was joking about the type of people who live around there. Just as we sat down this group of socialites that looked straight out of that awful show Made in Chelsea sat down right next to us. The first thing one of them says is "Oh mummys starting up her own fashion line this season. Its like silk but with different colour paint splashed on it"

They kept going on about their private parties and their exclusive college courses the whole time we were there. It was all funny though, added to the experience and all that haha.

After an hour of that we walked over to Fullham Road and slowly made our way down to The Bridge. I like it how you see more and more fans the closer you get. Then when you get to where the road is shut off its just solid blue shirts.

So we found our way in after walking the wrong way around the ground to get to our gate. Our seats were just to the side of the center line. My dad tried to get tickets to be behind one of the goals where the atmosphere is best, but they were all sold out. Where we were sat was pretty much all tourists and little kids. Our view was awesome though.

I remember when all the players ran out to warm up, seeing them in person for the first time gave me the same feeling like the first and only time I have seen pro skates in person (the eS UK tour in 2001 lol).

The starting 11 were all in a circle away from us, and right in front of us were the subs in a triangle passing to each other. It was Luiz, Mata and Torres. Watching them just pass to each other was like watching Koston kickflip in person.

Also seeing Torres kick the ball about standing pretty close to me made things feel a little more human. I kinda felt bad about the things I have said about him and really wanted him to do well haha.

They passed the ball about for a few mins then Luiz walked to the side to talk to one of the staff. So Mata and Torres carried on passing to each other. Torres passed the ball pretty hard to Mata at one point and he couldn't control it. It bounced straight off his foot and shot across the ground straight towards Luiz. Luiz was looking the other way and was still having a conversation but he could still see the ball coming, and instead of stopping it and passing it back, he just casually stepped to the side and let the ball roll up to the other end of the pitch. Mata had to run up the pitch to get the ball and ran right into Luiz's back on the way there haha.

So the game kicked off and things got going. It was awesome seeing it in person, you can really appreciate how fast paced it is and how strong the players are. It was pretty slow to start and everyone was making some pretty bad passes. Meireles was fucking awful though. He kicked the ball straight off the side of the pitch like 3 times trying to pass and alot of the crowd were getting angry with him. Thankfully he got subbed and the awesome Mata came on.

I didn't see the foul where Fuller got sent off and neither did my dad. We were both following the ball which was in the other half of the pitch. Its was weird not being able to see replays of things like on TV.

The Stoke keeper was taking as long as possible to take every kick. The crowd started booing him pretty soon but he still took stupidly long to place the ball down and kick it. By the last 10 mins Drogba started picking up the ball and placing it down for him which everyone was cheering.

Drogba was funny all game though. You can see him winding other players up all the time. The way he just walks up beside them and casually says things is funny.

The best thing he did was at the very end. Everyone was in the Chelsea half and Cech had the ball. He told everyone to rush forward for a counter attack and every single player did, except for Drogba who was still standing in Cech's box. Every Stoke and Chelsea player was now standing in position deep in Stokes half, and Drogba was doing the slowest slow jog ever. Cech was furious with him and at this point Drog had only just made it out of Cech's box while everyone else was fighting for position outside the Stoke box. Cech screamed at him one last time, to which Drogba just casually turned around and waved his hand at Cech, telling him to calm down. He then turned back around and walked off even slower. Everyone in the ground thought this was great and cheered Drogba lol.

Overall Drogba was really lazy and Terry was even worse. Lampard wasn't too bad though, he works I'll give him that. Luiz is on another planet though. He'll be standing in his position at the very back, then he'll just randomly decide to sprint forward straight up through the middle right ahead of everyone, even if Chelsea didn't have the ball.

Ramires put in alot of work, I thought he was good. His movement and his attacks were great.
But it was all about Mata for me, he was awesome. His passes were always on point and the way he flicks the ball perfectly into the box every time was amazing, even when he is facing another direction. His movement was great all game and the free kick he took that hit the bar was amazing too. I was seriously impressed with him, he was easily their best player. Watching him play in person was worth going for alone.

So yeah, it was a good day out and was totally worth it. The stand where we sat was full of foreign tourists and kids, so the atmosphere was abit dull in our section. It was still sick though and the view was perfect. We are going to make it a regular thing.

One other thing I remember was a banner a group of people got out at the start and finish of the game. It was a massive sheet with black spray paint on it that read "F**K OFF RAFA, We'd rather walk alone" hahaha.  

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »
Hahaha very nice banner.  I watched most of the first half but I woke up late and it was the first nice weekend of spring around Chicago so I fast forwarded it after the red card to get my day started.  Glad you enjoyed it.  So do you live in England or just your sister?

Did anyone see the QPR disallowed goal?  That could really get them relegated, goal line technology needs to happen...tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:10:21 AM by chockfullofthat »

ALT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1252 on: March 12, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
Hahaha very nice banner.  I watched most of the first half but I woke up late and it was the first nice weekend of spring around Chicago so I fast forwarded it after the red card to get my day started.  Glad you enjoyed it.  So do you live in England or just your sister?
Yeah I live in the South West of England. So like 3 hours from London. Hopefully we will be going back once more this season.

I'm now going to go search for a Mata shirt  8)

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #1253 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »
------------------------Goal of the week----------------------------

Sporting 1-0 Man City (HD) ru

Are you serious dude?? Come on
This was something close to the goal of that week, just saying..

video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1254 on: March 12, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
Strikes/volleys from outside the box are a dime a dozen these days. The quick reaction and the idea to back heel the deflected ball, on the other hand, aren't. Hence my choice. And this would be the best strike from last week, imo, again.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/golazo-hulk-porto-v-benfica/

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #1255 on: March 12, 2012, 04:36:18 PM »
Great to see United move top! We've been much more consistent in this business end of the season and Rooney is getting better, plus we have people coming back from injury. I'd like to see Arsenal snatch 3rd spot over Tottenham too personally, Arsenal kind of deserve it they've been playing much better recently and I kind of feel sorry for Wenger in a way.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1256 on: March 13, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »
Volleys from outside the box are a dime a dozen these days but that doesn't make them less impressive. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 08:57:08 AM by chockfullofthat »

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1257 on: March 13, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »
Actually, that's exactly what makes them less impressive, just like McTwists on vert or kickflips down 10 stairs...

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1258 on: March 13, 2012, 08:55:01 AM »
Actually, that's exactly what makes them less impressive, just like McTwists on vert or kickflips down 10 stairs...

Hmmm I think of a volley outside the box more like a nice pair of boobs or a backside noseblunt.  Just never gets old.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #1259 on: March 13, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
champions league night
bayern vs. basel
i hate both of them
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face