Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 462540 times)

Frank Sobotka and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

mds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #1260 on: March 13, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
I hate Bayern the most,
Go Basel,
even though i think bayern will crush them.
Liverpool derby tonight also.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1261 on: March 13, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Actually, that's exactly what makes them less impressive, just like McTwists on vert or kickflips down 10 stairs...
[close]

Hmmm I think of a volley outside the box more like a nice pair of boobs or a backside noseblunt.  Just never gets old.

Point well taken.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1262 on: March 13, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »
Good to see Liverpool finally playing like they give a shit.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1263 on: March 13, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »
i was hoping for basel to do better, or at least for alaba to score.
none of that happend.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1264 on: March 14, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #1265 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:14 AM »
^hahaha

Chelsea - Napoli tonight. Should be good.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1266 on: March 14, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1267 on: March 14, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brilliant!

Love it.

My expectations are low tonight but I still have some hope.

The worst part about being a football fan in USA is watching the champions league on tv.  I have a day job now and I'm perfectly fine with ingnoring all social media and text messages so I can watch it delayed and all...that doesn't bother me...what I can't stand is the video-audio delay.  You already know a shot didn't go in because the announcer reacted a second before the shot.  It's fucking awful.  It's only been like this the last two seasons too.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:09:41 AM by chockfullofthat »

jackherer

« Reply #1268 on: March 14, 2012, 11:53:06 AM »
what's with all the suarez hate? anyone who thinks he deserved 8 games for the comments he made has NEVER played competitive soccer. it was nothing but a politically charged over reaction by fifa. not shaking evra's hand did not help but man, evra is one of the biggest cry babies in the entire world of soccer, i wouldn't want to shake that tool's hand either.

i dont even particularly like suarez, but he does not deserve all the hate he is getting from dumb ass epl fanboys that don't even play the damn sport. no one outside of england even gave two shits about what happened, other than to say fifa over reacted.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1269 on: March 14, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »
but man, evra is one of the biggest cry babies in the entire world of soccer, i wouldn't want to shake that tool's hand either.

Yeah, I'm really surprised the FA didn't take this into consideration.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1270 on: March 14, 2012, 03:13:21 PM »
Chelsea!

Luiz played really well tonight. Torres and Ramires too.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1271 on: March 14, 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
That was entertaining for a neutral. The ref was being extremely harsh towards Napoli after they conceded that last one though. I don't think they won a single foul in Chelsea's half in extra time, and there were definitely a few that should've been.

Drogba is way too good at exploiting shitty refs.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1272 on: March 14, 2012, 03:59:41 PM »
That was entertaining for a neutral. The ref was being extremely harsh towards Napoli after they conceded that last one though. I don't think they won a single foul in Chelsea's half in extra time, and there were definitely a few that should've been.

Drogba is way too good at exploiting shitty refs.

yeah the "foul" that lead to the picture above was hilarious.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1273 on: March 14, 2012, 06:45:23 PM »
FUCK YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!  Unbelievable match!!! 

...oh and jackherer that hardly even warrents a response because it's so out of touch.  Ha! Please explain yourself.  How is calling someone a negrito multiple times related to "not playing the sport."  I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:52:46 PM by chockfullofthat »

jackherer

« Reply #1274 on: March 15, 2012, 06:52:08 AM »
FUCK YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!  Unbelievable match!!! 

...oh and jackherer that hardly even warrents a response because it's so out of touch.  Ha! Please explain yourself.  How is calling someone a negrito multiple times related to "not playing the sport."  I'm all ears.

LOL you're obviously the one who is out of touch. the fact that you're asking this proves you've never played competitive soccer. i've played competitively in north america and south america, and have friends playing in spain and italy, and comments like Suarez's, regardless of how you may feel about it, are the norm. if anything, 'negrito' is not even bad at all compared to most shit that gets said on the field. if you had ever played soccer at a competitive level you would understand that it's just part of the culture, and to cry to the FA about being called a "negrito" is just incredible.

I mean, you english idiots actually seem to think that "negrito" is akin to calling someone a nigger, which could seriously not be any further from the truth (although I GUARANTEE that evra knew better). then suarez and every single south american player in europe gets called a "sudaca" on the field, on the daily, and that's not a big issue at all right.... the fact that nothing gets done about that just proves Suarez's 8 game ban was just a ridiculous and politically charged over-reaction by fifa because it has to do with black people specifically. It's a huge double standard.

but basically it just comes down to how fucking dumb it is that of all the horrible and racist shit that gets said on the field, they went after Suarez over "negrito"...ridiculous. but obviously you American epl fanboys have never been involved in soccer enough to understand how it works. Evra is a crybaby and a huge hypocrite, if suarez got 8, he should have too. Which is why i can see why Suarez didn't want to shake his hand, Evra is a little scheming bastard who just pretended to be offended, and every player in Europe knows it.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1275 on: March 15, 2012, 07:41:06 AM »
and comments like Suarez's, regardless of how you may feel about it, are the norm.

Hahaha, this is the worst argument ever. You're basically saying that it's ok because it's widespread. Way to come out of your racist closet.

the fact that nothing gets done about that just proves Suarez's 8 game ban was just a ridiculous and politically charged over-reaction by fifa because it has to do with black people specifically. It's a huge double standard.

For someone claiming to be itk you sure are uninformed. This is the second time you mentioned that FIFA banned Suarez when it was actually the FA. As anyone who has any knowledge of how things work in football knows, only the national association can ban players in domestic competitions.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1276 on: March 15, 2012, 08:31:39 AM »
Ajax is my club and when suarez played at Ajax he was an important player. He had that winners mentality, but sometimes the crying and diving was too much. He has some crazy things that will never go out of him.

like this.

Luis Su?rez bites PSV's Otman Bakkal [HQ]
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

jackherer

« Reply #1277 on: March 15, 2012, 11:35:45 AM »
Expand Quote
and comments like Suarez's, regardless of how you may feel about it, are the norm.
[close]

Hahaha, this is the worst argument ever. You're basically saying that it's ok because it's widespread. Way to come out of your racist closet.

Expand Quote
the fact that nothing gets done about that just proves Suarez's 8 game ban was just a ridiculous and politically charged over-reaction by fifa because it has to do with black people specifically. It's a huge double standard.
[close]

For someone claiming to be itk you sure are uninformed. This is the second time you mentioned that FIFA banned Suarez when it was actually the FA. As anyone who has any knowledge of how things work in football knows, only the national association can ban players in domestic competitions.

No idiot, what it means is that racism is rampant in soccer, so for them to have slammed Suarez with an 8 game ban for saying "negrito" seems really fucking arbitrary. Especially when considering that Evra and everyone else never face ANY consequences for using far more racist terms like "sudaca", simply because they do not target black people. I have nothing against the FA or FIFA wanting to tackle racism, but then take a blanket approach at the issue and punish everyone who is guilty consistently.

And FA/FIFA whatever they both exert huge influence over each other. And I do know a whole lot more than probably any one else on this forum about soccer, since unlike most of you tools, I actually play the sport, know and understand the culture of the sport, and I'm actually good at it.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1278 on: March 15, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
You've forced me to look into the report more because the negrito thing is a bit strange.  The report hardly even mentions negrito tbh.  He was banned 8 games for this:

According to the FA, Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, to which he
replied "Because you are black". Mr Evra then said "Say it to me again, I'm going to punch
you" and Mr Suarez replied "I don't speak to blacks". Mr Evra said "Okay, now I think I'm
going to punch you", and Mr Suarez responded "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie".

The spanish word he used was negro.  While the independent review couldn't confirm that this exchange happened after interviewing both of them they basically determined that it probably did happen becauase Suarez is a scumbag and gave inconsistent testimony about other incidents in which he called Evra a negro after that exchange.

No one is saying "sudaca" should go unpunished either and no one alleged that Evra even said that in the first place so you're point is moot.  That's great that you play soccer all the time, are super good at it, and sympathize with it's racist culture and players.  It certainly makes your opinion more valid  ::).

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: March 15, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »
And I do know a whole lot more than probably any one else on this forum about soccer

If you repeat this a 1000 times maybe someone will believe it.

Anyway, you're a muppet and a racist. Stop posting.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1280 on: March 16, 2012, 04:16:24 AM »
I am really looking forward to baby faced Ryo Miyaichi coming back from loan and playing next season.

Hopefully the hype doesn't ruin him.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: March 16, 2012, 05:32:14 AM »
Quarter-final draw
APOEL v R.Madrid
Marseille v Bayern
Benfica v Chelsea
Milan v Barcelona

Semi-final draw
Marseille/Bayern v APOEL/R.Madrid
Benfica/Chelsea v Milan/Barca

Looks like some good games. I'm happy with it overall.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #1282 on: March 16, 2012, 06:13:21 AM »
The possibility of El Classico in the final? I'm down.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jackherer

« Reply #1283 on: March 16, 2012, 08:09:31 AM »
You've forced me to look into the report more because the negrito thing is a bit strange.  The report hardly even mentions negrito tbh.  He was banned 8 games for this:

According to the FA, Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, to which he
replied "Because you are black". Mr Evra then said "Say it to me again, I'm going to punch
you" and Mr Suarez replied "I don't speak to blacks". Mr Evra said "Okay, now I think I'm
going to punch you", and Mr Suarez responded "okay, blackie, blackie, blackie".

The spanish word he used was negro.  While the independent review couldn't confirm that this exchange happened after interviewing both of them they basically determined that it probably did happen becauase Suarez is a scumbag and gave inconsistent testimony about other incidents in which he called Evra a negro after that exchange.

No one is saying "sudaca" should go unpunished either and no one alleged that Evra even said that in the first place so you're point is moot.  That's great that you play soccer all the time, are super good at it, and sympathize with it's racist culture and players.  It certainly makes your opinion more valid  ::).

LOL that's not the version of the story that's being run anywhere outside of England. And you can't even translate the word "negrito" to "blacky", blacky sounds racist, where as "negrito" is not. If you had ever lived in a spanish speaking country you would know that its not a racist term, it's more of an endearing term than anything else. I hear it used ALL the time and it is never in a racist context. Literal translations do not always work, you have to account for cultural differences. So basically what your saying is that they only believed Evra because of Suarez's reputation? LOL well funny how they didnt take EVRA'S reputation into account.

Evra knew this but went ahead with the complaint anyway for no other reason than the fact that he is a KNOWN crybaby and is a professional at victimizing himself. He is like Sergio Busquets but instead of faking physical injuries, pretends to be emotionally hurt and lies all the time.

And anyway this is all irrelevant, because even if I were to agree that what Suarez said was completely racist, it wouldn't affect my point at all, which you seem incapable of comprehending.

ONCE AGAIN: racism (regardless of the suarez incident) is RAMPANT in soccer, i know this from personal experience playing in different countries, it's everywhere. So when i say that Suarez did not deserve 8 games, i am not condoning racism you idiot. I am simply saying that the FA UNFAIRLY SINGLED HIM OUT and hammered him with a ridiculous punishment. The term "Sudaca" probably gets said at least once a match, in an extremely derogatory and racist context, and NO ONE ever gets punished for it. In fact, most players understand its part of the game, and dont cry about it to the FA and make official complaints. I can guarantee you Suarez has been called a sudaca thousands of times in his career, only he doesn't cry about it and make complaints to the FA, and if he did, they wouldn't do shit about it anyway, because the are only capable of understanding the concept of racism when it has to do with BLACK people.

It's like one of the fundamental concepts of law, laws have to be uniformly and consistently applied to be legitimate. You can't just choose to selectively and arbitrarily apply a law in the harshest possible way and argue that "hey, its the law!", when you let it go unenforced 99% of the time.

AND THATS WHY the 8 game match was unfair. Do you get it yet? it really doesn't even have anything to do with racism.

jackherer

« Reply #1284 on: March 16, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
Expand Quote
And I do know a whole lot more than probably any one else on this forum about soccer
[close]

If you repeat this a 1000 times maybe someone will believe it.

Anyway, you're a muppet and a racist. Stop posting.

I don't care if you believe this, I know it to be true the same way I know it to be true that you suck at soccer AND skateboarding.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1285 on: March 16, 2012, 09:04:30 AM »
Judging by your stupidity you actually just might be a football player.

jackherer

« Reply #1286 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »
Judging by your stupidity you actually just might be a football player.

Really? Why don't you go back to my response to chuckfullofthat and actually explain what is so stupid about the point that I am arguing? Or are you just going to continue making smug remarks while not contributing anything of substance this conversation? At least chuckfullofthat actually brought something to the conversation. So please prove to me how you're not some idiot epl fanboy that sucks at football and doesn't understand what goes on on a soccer field, yet thinks he is entitled to an opinion anyway, the same way some of the harshest critics of pro skaters on this site also suck terribly at skateboarding.

It's just annoying to see Suarez getting shat on in this forum for being a crazy racist by a bunch of dipshits that have never been on a soccer field and don't realize that some of your favorite players are in all likelihood guilty of saying way worse shit than what Suarez got 8 games for.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:56:58 AM by jackherer »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1287 on: March 16, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

LOL that's not the version of the story that's being run anywhere outside of England.

Well then, that's shit reporting because they made the report from the independent comission public.

And you can't even translate the word "negrito" to "blacky", blacky sounds racist, where as "negrito" is not.
Like I said, the word "negrito" was barely mentioned in the report.  The word was "negro"

In the goalmouth, Mr Evra and Mr Suarez spoke to
each other in Spanish. Mr Evra asked Mr Suarez why he had kicked him, referring to the
foul five minutes previously. Mr Suarez replied "Porque tu eres negro", meaning "Because
you are black". Mr Evra then said to Mr Suarez “say it to me again, I’m going to punch
you”. Mr Suarez replied "No hablo con los negros", meaning "I don't speak to blacks". Mr
Evra continued by saying that he now thought he was going to punch Mr Suarez. Mr
Suarez replied "Dale, negro, negro, negro",

So basically what your saying is that they only believed Evra because of Suarez's reputation? LOL well funny how they didnt take EVRA'S reputation into account.
I'm sure his reputation came into play a bit, but it was mainly his inconsistent testimony.

And anyway this is all irrelevant, because even if I were to agree that what Suarez said was completely racist, it wouldn't affect my point at all, which you seem incapable of comprehending.
I completely understand your point.  Your point is because racism is so prevalent in soccer it should be unpunished.  I agree that it is rampant but when a player comes forward after being racially abused would you rather the FA just shrug their shoulders and say, "Sorry mate, it's part of the game."

The term "Sudaca" probably gets said at least once a match, in an extremely derogatory and racist context, and NO ONE ever gets punished for it. In fact, most players understand its part of the game, and dont cry about it to the FA and make official complaints.
I think the fact that the problem is widescale is irrelevant.  Who are you to say if Evra legitimately was offended by Suarez's comments or not?  If a player comes forward after experiencing racism it is handled seriously by the FA.  If you want to get racism out of football then say something.  If you think that those people are just whining, I think it's completely obvious that you are sympathizing with racists.

Do you get it yet? it really doesn't even have anything to do with racism.
Except it most definitely does.

jackherer

« Reply #1288 on: March 16, 2012, 12:40:19 PM »
Well I had never read that version of events, but i find it hard to believe. In any case, i am sure Suarez did not agree with that version of the story because from what i recall from an interview in a uruguayan newspaper, he only said he called him a "negrito" and that that was that. So basically it was his word vs evras, and BOTH players have very questionable reputations, yet they went ahead with an 8 game match anyway in spite of any real evidence.

But again, lets forget that, because it really doesn't even matter. My point is that even we agreed that Suarez said some racist shit, it's still fucked up to give him an 8 match ban, when racism (at least to the extent that something like negrito can be called racism) occurs in every single game.

It's like that case in Minnesota, where a woman got sued for like 2.5 million dollars by the record industry for downloading 24 songs. Everyone agreed that it was ridiculous...were they saying that she did not break the law? No. They all agreed that she broke the law. They said it was ridiculous because it seemed so fucking arbitrary to just pick this one woman at random and give her a ridiculously harsh sentence (in this case a fine).

So like in that case, I am not advocating racism (or online piracy), I am simply saying that the FA could have gone about the issue in a way more logical fashion, but to just pull out an 8 game ban on a teams star player for doing something everyone else is doing too seems a little absurd.

And even more ridiculous, is the amount of north american people, such as yourselves, that have now condemned Suarez as a horrible racist, without even realizing that what he did was what countless other players do on a daily basis. If you are going to condemn Suarez as a racist, get ready to condemn a good number of your favorite players as far more racist.

This is the other big point i am trying to emphasize here, you are all OBLIVIOUS as to the amount of racism in soccer, so dont single out Suarez simply because he happened to say some shit to PATRICE EVRA of all people. In all likelihood, your favorite player has said some shit that is at least as bad as what Suarez apparently said, only they were smart enough to not say it to a huge bitch like evra that did everything he could to blow it out of proportion....which im sure had NOTHING to do with the fact that man u and liverpool are fierce rivals...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:42:12 PM by jackherer »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1289 on: March 16, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »
That version of events was taken directly from the report.  Suarez can say what he wants to the Uruguayan papers.  I've thought Suarez was an absolute scumbag long before this incident anyway.  I think John Terry is a scumbag too but I still support him when he wears a Chelsea shirt.  I think he should be punished as well if proven guilty.  It's disapointing to me that John Terry resorted to that language during a match but I'm not going to wear a T-shirt with his face on it the day the decision is announced and I'm not going to make monkey gestures to Ferdinand the next time we play QPR.  Because it's so widespread is not a reasonable excuse.  You're fucking ridiculous.  I do not believe that racism exists in every game...that's a fucking joke.  The FA has a reputation for punishing racism in it's leagues unlike whatever league you play in with a bunch of overly competitive racist assholes who probably just have a stick up their ass because they could never make it at the professional level.  I'm done defending a decision that isn't even relevant anymore. 

And besides we were just laughing at a funny gif...I'm not sure why you even started this unless you were looking for a chance to let the people who visit this thread know that you're tolerant of racists and you're super good at soccer.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:05:08 PM by chockfullofthat »