Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 462542 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #4200 on: June 04, 2017, 05:27:33 PM »
Why is faking / diving not being addressed in football ?. We do have video now, we could check whos diving and faking during the games and specially AFTER the games to hand out retroactive punishments

Its always bugged me when people in football fall to the ground rolling around like they stepped on a landmine when you have rugby players and hockey players loosing teeth, open cuts, heavy bleeding and bones broken and they still go out and play

30 Shameful Dives and Flops in Football

fucking pathetic

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4201 on: June 04, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »
You can call it shameful but they're playing for millions, you and I would do the same. Whatever it takes to win.

It's quite a skill really, just don't expect that shit to fly in your Monday night pickup game.

StinkyLarry

• Rep: -42
« Reply #4202 on: June 04, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »
English FA is introducing retroactive banning for diving next season in the Premier League.
I think it's only if it results in a penalty or red for the "tackling" player but it's a start.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4203 on: June 04, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »
hockey players loosing teeth, open cuts, heavy bleeding and bones broken and they still go out and play

Diving is pathetic, but thinking that this is something to strive towards is idiotic.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4204 on: June 05, 2017, 07:04:19 PM »
Hockey players dive more than anyone and they wear full pads.

excitableboy

• Rep: 90
« Reply #4205 on: June 05, 2017, 08:45:59 PM »
Expand Quote
hockey players loosing teeth, open cuts, heavy bleeding and bones broken and they still go out and play
[close]

Diving is pathetic, but thinking that this is something to strive towards is idiotic.

Yeah this is typical criticism football gets from non-football fans. I remember watching the world cup abroad and practically every tackle or foul was considered a dive and laughed off. Football is in terms of motor skills a much more demanding sport at the end of the day, than most others. Having to run and dribble and keep track of your surroundings, it doesn't take much to be thrown off balance. Not to say American football or rugby don't require skill, but running with a ball in your hand is just nowhere near as dexterous.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4206 on: August 01, 2017, 05:37:18 AM »
"Just Macaulay Culkin in a West Ham shirt fooling around with Michael Jackson's daughter on snapchat...
Stranger things have definitely happened."

I wish I could go to Old trafford away with westham but it's sold out. Hopefully someone on the net cant go and will sell me his ticket but I'm keeping my expectations loow.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4207 on: August 01, 2017, 06:19:46 AM »
hahahaha what a world

even the vintage fila with dr martens sponsorship

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4208 on: August 01, 2017, 06:26:48 AM »
hahahaha what a world

even the vintage fila with dr martens sponsorship

One of the best kits in premier league history  :)
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #4209 on: August 01, 2017, 06:44:04 AM »
"Just Macaulay Culkin in a West Ham shirt fooling around with Michael Jackson's daughter on snapchat...
Stranger things have definitely happened."

I wish I could go to Old trafford away with westham but it's sold out. Hopefully someone on the net cant go and will sell me his ticket but I'm keeping my expectations loow.
Instagram Grandad, sheesh  ;).
We getting the Fantasy Football league going again this season, not that I get anywhere near winning it

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4210 on: August 03, 2017, 05:23:24 PM »
Sorry for overposting but today anthony stokes rejoined Hibernian and I can't keep from remember the 2016 scottish cup final against rangers.
Mind Hibernian havent won one in 114 years before this.
I'm originally from faaar away from edinburgh but still sends shivers down my spine every fucking time.

Rangers 2-3 Hibernian | William Hill Scottish Cup Final 2016

Amazing Hibs Fans Best Sunshine on Leith Scottish cup final 2016

WHO PUT THE BALL IN THE RANGERS NET? - Hibernian Scottish Cup Final Parade 2016

Whenever I get burnt out on 'modern' football I go watch these videos. They make me want to get fucking drunk.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 05:27:51 PM by Mark Renton »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #4211 on: August 04, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »
I've been a Bayern Munich fan for almost twenty years. The Audi Cup, man.... The Audi Cup... The inuries...

I know, I know... And the season starts soon. But first, Dortmund...

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4212 on: August 06, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »
A couple of fantasy leagues codes 927736-223022 927736-223055

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #4213 on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »
Why is faking / diving not being addressed in football ?. We do have video now, we could check whos diving and faking during the games and specially AFTER the games to hand out retroactive punishments

Its always bugged me when people in football fall to the ground rolling around like they stepped on a landmine when you have rugby players and hockey players loosing teeth, open cuts, heavy bleeding and bones broken and they still go out and play

30 Shameful Dives and Flops in Football

fucking pathetic

Because diving is part of the game. Spices the whole thong up. I'd miss it. i creates so many legends, endless discussions...

Tracer

« Reply #4214 on: August 06, 2017, 01:17:52 PM »
I've seen a fair share of diving yellows Monty. Half the time they're just taking a break, its fuckin hard running around for 90+ especially if you're getting worked. A post match fine would be ideal like 2k for a really bad one and escalating fines like the NBA implemented.

I also wasn't supportive of video review, it makes the refs look like a bunch of dickheads.

SHAQUEEFA

• Rep: 32
« Reply #4215 on: August 06, 2017, 03:47:47 PM »
I sell some soccer jerseys on my instagram vintage store @thebodyscloset. Check me out and ask for a slap pals discount! Pick up a Shaqueefa shirt while you are at it!!!!

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4216 on: August 06, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »
Hibernian cup win footy was hype as fuck, lovely to see

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4217 on: August 07, 2017, 01:10:26 AM »
I've seen a fair share of diving yellows Monty. Half the time they're just taking a break, its fuckin hard running around for 90+ especially if you're getting worked. A post match fine would be ideal like 2k for a really bad one and escalating fines like the NBA implemented.

I also wasn't supportive of video review, it makes the refs look like a bunch of dickheads.
2k fine wouldn't deter them. Video reviews, as much as i dont like it, are becoming a necessity. So much can hinge on a decision that if its totally wrong that should be put right. The charity shield, Pedro got sent off for a shit challenge then Arsenal scored to draw the game with 10 mins to go. Good or bad reffing can alter a game

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4218 on: August 07, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »

It really warms my heart everytime, I watch it on any shitty day.
I dont know why they didn't put a Renton 'first shag in ages' scene in T2 with this one it would have been perfect.
"Henderson to delivaaah and David Gray the captain, hibs are standing on the brick brink* of history after 114 years!"

Also Spike what's the deal with that fantasy league? Is it slap only? I'd be down for that.

*thanks bry  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:13:05 AM by Mark Renton »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4219 on: August 07, 2017, 07:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dont know why they didn't put a Renton 'first shag in ages' scene in T2 with this one it would have been perfect.
"Henderson to delivaaah and David Gray the captain, hibs are standing on the brickbrink of history after 114 years!"

Also Spike what's the deal with that fantasy league? Is it slap only? I'd be down for that.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

« Reply #4220 on: August 07, 2017, 10:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
2k fine wouldn't deter them. Video reviews, as much as i dont like it, are becoming a necessity. So much can hinge on a decision that if its totally wrong that should be put right. The charity shield, Pedro got sent off for a shit challenge then Arsenal scored to draw the game with 10 mins to go. Good or bad reffing can alter a game
Now that the refs have been deemed incompetent by FIFA, why not get them off the field entirely?

It's part of the show, just play ball.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4221 on: August 08, 2017, 01:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

"Henderson to delivaaah and David Gray the captain, hibs are standing on the brickbrink of history after 114 years!"

[close]
Nah its just a couple im on, there was a SLAP only one last year. Will get one set up when I get a minute

norrin radd

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4222 on: August 09, 2017, 09:22:49 PM »
No SLAP Pals Fantasy league this season?

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #4223 on: August 12, 2017, 06:22:34 AM »
My parents bought me a west ham away ticket for southampton but in the home stand.
I told them you can get stabbed for that here but still they think they did alright.
If you are reading this and you are in london and fancy a second row seat for that game please PM me it's yours for 50 quid.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #4224 on: August 19, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »
Ayyy wassup with that SLAP fantasy league. I'm trying to get into the top 4 this year (even though I forgot to make my team until week 3 again).

I'm kinda hoping for a more competitive title race this year and it looks like it could happen. At least Man U is better and Chelsea seems a bit less overpowering than last season. Will be interesting to see if Arsenal can make it back into the Champions league this year, given the increase in competition.

Tracer

« Reply #4225 on: August 19, 2017, 08:09:39 PM »
Ayyy wassup with that SLAP fantasy league. I'm trying to get into the top 4 this year (even though I forgot to make my team until week 3 again).

I'm kinda hoping for a more competitive title race this year and it looks like it could happen. At least Man U is better and Chelsea seems a bit less overpowering than last season. Will be interesting to see if Arsenal can make it back into the Champions league this year, given the increase in competition.
You buggin United is shit they beat down 2 nothing teams.

Watch out for Liverpool, all these new pieces click it's a title.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #4226 on: August 20, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Liverpool fans have been saying that shit for the last 25 years.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

« Reply #4227 on: August 20, 2017, 10:38:41 AM »
Loot at the competition, a makeshift Chelsea team, Agueros and Tottenham?

It was hilarious watching spurs lose today. Cheer for an own goal, blow it 10 minutes later in a half empty stadium

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4228 on: August 20, 2017, 01:05:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Liverpool fans have been saying that shit for the last 25 years.
Please dont confuse Tracer with actual Liverpool fans

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #4229 on: April 29, 2018, 01:27:01 AM »
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the new Swiss champions are called Young Boys, and they play at the Wankdorf stadium.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud