Author Topic: flying delta  (Read 2208 times)

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
flying delta
« on: June 23, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »
anyone know anything about carrying a board on as a carry on? haven't flown in years and am looking at going to denver, delta has cheap tickets right now and want to see if i can have a board as a carry on rather than checked luggage. i saw they have a limit on carry on length which is like 22", and they did say you can bring skateboards on as a carry on. i assume they mean penny boards?

Zimmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: flying delta
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »
I've brought a regular sized board as a carry on twice now (flying from canada to the US, and between LAX and Albuquerque, etc..), never had any issues. I just had it strapped onto a backpack (the ones with built in straps). I've also been on flights with guys who just carried a board loose as their only carry-on, you should be A-OK as long as its not a longboard or some wacky shape.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »
I've brought a regular sized board as a carry on twice now (flying from canada to the US, and between LAX and Albuquerque, etc..), never had any issues. I just had it strapped onto a backpack (the ones with built in straps). I've also been on flights with guys who just carried a board loose as their only carry-on, you should be A-OK as long as its not a longboard or some wacky shape.

and this was delta? thanks so much man.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 06:29:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and this was delta? thanks so much man.

No prob! And I'm pretty sure one of the times was through delta 8)

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »
Just flew back home to my parents house. And I had 2 backpacks and a board and it wasn't a problem. But that was also Alaska, but you should be fine don't worry