Author Topic: Obstacle bank  (Read 2828 times)

Molte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Obstacle bank
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:42:03 AM »
I like designing skateparks - sometimes in my head sometimes i Google Sketchup or Revit. I know a lot of you are.

Post screen dumps and photos of spots and obstacles you like, both from the streets and from parks, and help improve all over skatepark design.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

Pipe Dreamer

• Rep: 24
  • Slap hard Slap often
Re: Obstacle bank
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:47:21 AM »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »
I would love if my local had this.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 12:04:34 PM »
I like designing skateparks - sometimes in my head sometimes i Google Sketchup or Revit. I know a lot of you are.

Post screen dumps and photos of spots and obstacles you like, both from the streets and from parks, and help improve all over skatepark design.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 12:13:58 PM »
All around the edge of every skatepark should be a curb with a metal edge like they have in New York. Then you could do slappies all over the place. Most parks the concrete just ends and there's grass or dirt. Put a curb around the whole park.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 12:54:45 PM »
All around the edge of every skatepark should be a curb with a metal edge like they have in New York. Then you could do slappies all over the place. Most parks the concrete just ends and there's grass or dirt. Put a curb around the whole park.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »
Favorite park waist high and under:

notcool

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 03:34:55 PM »
I'm a pretty happy simple person just with proper ledges with angle iron that actually have run up and good landing without landing into something else.  Some small tight tranny to learn tricks on like a good jersey barrier or little qp with a tiny amount of vert.  A nice small bowl maybe 5 feet high set up for both goofy and regular i've had issues with that.  a small step up possibly too. i used to have all my flip tricks on step ups and i'd like to get some back on just a small euro gap.  I also love obstacles that mimic real street spots like brick covered/granite or marble ledges.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 03:41:20 PM »
my perfect skatepark would consist of a long ass ~15-inch tall granite ledge, a small quarterpipe on one side and a bank on the other
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 04:53:05 PM »

If anyone was wondering.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 05:58:50 PM »
Expand Quote
I would love if my local had this
[close]

If anyone was wondering.
Wow that’s way higher than I would have guessed.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »
Me too bro you carry it well

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2019, 06:51:27 PM »

Damn that’s sick. There’s an old flat concrete slab in the woods by my place that I couldn’t figure out what to do and that might be it!

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2019, 11:06:26 PM »
my perfect skatepark would consist of a long ass ~15-inch tall granite ledge, a small quarterpipe on one side and a bank on the other

Thats actually kinda similar to the park up the street from my house haha. Lower concrete ledges, but theres two metal coped ledges that are around 15” I think.

PC Principal

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 03:16:10 PM »
Bro this might be off topic but I just got into a fight at my local park. Some intolerant scumbag referred to a kickflip body varial as a Bruce Jenner. Like wtf bro it’s Caitlyn Jenner and she’s a strong woman. Transphobic skaters piss me off bro... it’s a kf body varial not a sex change and definitely not a fucking Bruce Jenner.

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 03:32:00 PM »
Bro this might be off topic but I just got into a fight at my local park. Some intolerant scumbag referred to a kickflip body varial as a Bruce Jenner. Like wtf bro it’s Caitlyn Jenner and she’s a strong woman. Transphobic skaters piss me off bro... it’s a kf body varial not a sex change and definitely not a fucking Bruce Jenner.
this shtick is abd on here, it wasn't funny the first time either
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 03:59:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this shtick is abd on here, it wasn't funny the first time either

Fuck off you queef, go do a road warrior or somethin.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 04:59:21 PM »
That Pops skate park looks sick!   I work with solidworks for a living so I've spent many a slow day at work designing spots or even making models of parks or spots I've skated.  I like any type of funky transition spot, bank etc 3 ft of under cause I'm a wuss