Author Topic: A World Without CEOs  (Read 85636 times)

otis b driftwood

Re: A World Without CEOs
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »
i'd love rodney to run a dope company, i think he's a fucking genius.
but he seriously has no clue, sheckler, tensor, $100 kevlar decks, that's all rodney.

akimpy0b

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »
they shuld make pro models the same price as blanks ...cause some people dont have that kinda money to just blow on boards,i heard it was like 7 $ to actually make a board for the company.

noah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • level vibes
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2007, 04:17:47 PM »
my local shop is starting to get shop decks and the owner told me he makes the same amount on a shop deck as he does on a pro model/ major brand board

fake account

• Rep: 6
  • my old account doesnt work
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

Maple Syrup

• Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »
my local shop is starting to get shop decks and the owner told me he makes the same amount on a shop deck as he does on a pro model/ major brand board

even if they get the same amount of money, its that cash plus the extra advertisement for their shop.

golgo13

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
Plus you get twice as many shop decks as you do pro boards for the same price.
sometimes more. obviously you're by passing the pro's,company etc but the fact still remains, if you hustle and search you can find good us made shop decks that you can keystone (double your cost) vs a 45% margin on most, if even that.  And people are repping you and your shop,which for a small time shop that is thee most important part of a shop deck.
advertising.

noah

• level vibes
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2007, 05:15:46 PM »
i'm definately going to ride a few, but keep it even with 5boro decks. they aren't pissing and moaning about blanks and they're a coming that gives back.

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »

WTF ARE THOSE UGLY THINGS?

MICHEAL JACKSON PRO SIG THRILLER BOOTS?

NEIL ARMSTRONG MOONWALK TRIBUTES?

BLING GONE BAD SHOES?

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2007, 06:04:45 PM »
i think thats the "muska" supras?

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »
MUSKA'S IN LEFT FIELD WITH THAT ONE BUT I LOVE THE DUDE TO DEATH!

DUDE IS SOO COOL. I THOUGHT RIDING FOR GHETTO CHILD WAS THE RADDEST THING.
I SHOULD HAVE NEVER QUIT THAT COMPANY FOR GOLD.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2007, 06:43:21 PM »
sanch u did that

sebastian toombs

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2007, 07:21:12 PM »
i think thats the "muska" supras?

did you notice the subliminal swastika?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »
hahahha i noticed that too, poor chad, he means well but hes really a complete kook. between the michael jackson gloves and the gnar boots im hoping hes heavily into acid or something. there needs to be an excuse.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

MAGIK INC GROUPIE

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2007, 10:26:30 PM »
when did they release this news, yesterday?

Swift response to the slap discussions we've been having?

barneytarney

• Rep: 25
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »
Plus you get twice as many shop decks as you do pro boards for the same price.
sometimes more. obviously you're by passing the pro's,company etc but the fact still remains, if you hustle and search you can find good us made shop decks that you can keystone (double your cost) vs a 45% margin on most, if even that.  And people are repping you and your shop,which for a small time shop that is thee most important part of a shop deck.
advertising.

you have the best signature ever.

truthbetold

• Rep: 3
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »
That owner is lying to you...

golgo13

« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2007, 10:34:45 PM »
really?
 pro deck cost -35, retail -50= 15 made
 shop deck cost-18 retail-35= 17 made
do the math.

truthbetold

• Rep: 3
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »
$18  for a shop deck with graphics is way to much. I use to sell shop decks with graphics for $15.50 in 2006.
The wood came from an american woodshop to.

golgo13

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »
with shipping and grip its 18.

Meta Skateboards

« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2007, 11:14:20 PM »
Lets set it straight.

The dollars made on a shop deck sold are around the same as that as a pro deck sold.  Not every pro deck costs $35, not every shop deck costs $18.  But the difference is simply stated, its easier to invest for double the product.  There are a bunch of companies that don't exist on the $35 a board guidelines.  If you are shop and you get a good discount on current stock at a lower price, honor those price breaks.  One of the reasons companies are skeptical about giving price breaks is that some shitty ass shop is not going to give the price break back to the consumer.  If company A wants to help compete with your shop decks by offering discounts, then pass on the fucking discount.  By the way Company A probably isn't a greedy cooporation and probably wants to help and promote skateboarding.

Meta Skateboards

« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2007, 11:20:39 PM »
Plus after all this Blankboard/Shop deck shit has ended.  I'm sure that every legitimate company will probably want to work with every legitimate shop.     

IASC BOARD MEMBER

« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2007, 05:52:59 AM »
For anyone still following this thing:
1. The Dwindle email document was updated twice since I uploaded it. They never countered to my statements regarding the sales of skate stuff through chain/mall stores.

2. The hits have been insane... thousands of people from allover the globe. I've been getting hundreds of emails, too... nearly every single one in support of the site. Funny thing though... many of the emails have been coming from shops and inner-industry people who are stoked, but they're afraid to have their name on the site for fear of retribution. How fucked is that?

3. I've answered every single email, except for the last one from Dwindle... mainly because the conversation was meandering.

4. I have some IASC campaign-related emails that were forwarded to me. I'll try to put those up when I get home from work tonight (damn, I gotta go to work).

deadgregory

• Rep: -4
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2007, 06:24:36 AM »
so good.

noah

• level vibes
« Reply #145 on: February 15, 2007, 06:30:36 AM »
http://web.archive.org/web/20031207053617/http://dwindle.com/chopchop/

when was this released, seems like they say it was all rodney mullen no one else supported it

Assistant Janitor

• Rep: 0
  • The Power is in the Hands of the Powerless.
« Reply #146 on: February 15, 2007, 06:57:53 AM »
An Update From The Crew At Dwindle

Posted 01.27.2004 - http://www.twsbiz.com/twbiz/print/0,21538,708308,00.html

"We can't keep our plan a secret anymore. Dwindle Distribution is producing skateboard decks in China."

golgo13

« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2007, 07:39:31 AM »
Lets set it straight.

The dollars made on a shop deck sold are around the same as that as a pro deck sold.  Not every pro deck costs $35, not every shop deck costs $18.  But the difference is simply stated, its easier to invest for double the product.  There are a bunch of companies that don't exist on the $35 a board guidelines.  If you are shop and you get a good discount on current stock at a lower price, honor those price breaks.  One of the reasons companies are skeptical about giving price breaks is that some shitty ass shop is not going to give the price break back to the consumer.  If company A wants to help compete with your shop decks by offering discounts, then pass on the fucking discount.  By the way Company A probably isn't a greedy cooporation and probably wants to help and promote skateboarding.
you can find companies that do have a lower wholesale price, a few are between 20-30 but generally if it's for one of the bigger companies out there it's a standard 34.95-37.00 per deck.plus shipping unless you take the time to wait until someone offers a free shipping deal. a few companies are doing it right and offering up really good discounts. buy 8 boards get one free, buy 12 get 2 free. which for a shop brings the price wayyyy down, or gives a shop employee owner a chance to ride one of there boards without begging a rep for something free.
and if you are doing a good shop deck, quantities around 150 boards youre paying around 16-17 a board plus shipping. if its multiple colors then sometimes even more.
personally id rather just hook a deal up with a company and buy 100 team boards for 22-25 and flip em for 39.99 so that way a company is getting some business and maybe they could flow a few boards for shop riders. seems like everyone wins in that case.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2007, 08:43:17 AM »
yo grim, you kinda look like a white harold hunter

straight props yo

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2007, 10:01:59 AM »
Yo, Grim, I said this before, but I'll say it again.

I'm strongly in favour of you setting up a Paypal account for donations to raise money for an ad.

Everyone should donate just to have one ad for this site put out in a magazine. At least just see who has the balls to let it get printed.

SBC in Canada let Mike Hastie say, "West 49 was the worst thing for skateboarding in Canada", with the mag freely knowing they'd lose the sponsors (which eventually happened), but couldn't give a shit. They just got Power Shoes or something to fill in that page.