Author Topic: Chicago, St. Paul, Denver  (Read 7363 times)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Chicago, St. Paul, Denver
« on: June 30, 2017, 10:01:59 AM »
Going to Chicago, St. Paul, and Denver in that order.
Leaving on the 17th of July.

Give me all of your coffee, bar, food, and skatespots below
 :-*

Putaslocas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
Re: Chicago, St. Paul, Denver
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 04:30:09 PM »
Haha dude lets link when youre in chicago. Were taking opposite trips it seems.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »
As far as I remember the Chicago thread on this board is pretty decent for spots. Anything in particular you're looking to skate? Some of the spots may have been torn down or skate stopped in the thread, though. Feel free to ask about em. The new grant skate plaza is a decent warm up spot, might be able to find free (or at least cheaper) parking south of Roosevelt on, I believe, wabash or at by the Trader Joe's on the intersection of Wabash and Roosevelt (at least that's what I've heard, check for signs and lots). It gets pretty crowded there though. Seawall is pretty close to there, there's a cool ledge spot outside of the planetarium and another ledge on the corner of Columbus and Roosevelt. Chase tower is more in the loop has stairs, ledges, slightly banked walls for wallrides.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=49438.0  

Always a hard time thinking of food and bar spots when people are looking for recommendations. There's a couple Al's beef spots around the city for a good beef sandwich. Maxwell street hotdogs Chicago style. Ricobene's breaded steak sandwiches are good. There's a place called sweet station in China town that's pretty good for Chinese food and open late. It's pretty close to a place called Reggie's rock club which is a bar that a few of my buddies like to go to, kind of a punk rock vibe I guess, they have food too, not sure how long the kitchen is open though. Might get shat on for pizza recommendations but I like Giordano's deep dish haha. A place called The Art of Pizza is also really good.

Feel free to ask questions, get more specific with spots, etc.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:02:16 AM by UselessAsshole »

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
I had two of the best tacos at La Vaca the other day, Pilsen neighborhood.

Is this a driving trip?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »

Couple of spots that aren't too far apart if you end up on the north side. One is a little bank you can grind the top of (might wanna save this one for later in the day) and the other is a bank to a ledge going down it (might need a sign if the crack at the bottom got worse). Third one is the bank on the bridge (also might wanna wait until later for this one traffic can be pretty bad). Street addresses are in the top left corner of the pictures.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »
I had two of the best tacos at La Vaca the other day, Pilsen neighborhood.

Is this a driving trip?

I won't have a car

Thanks for all the input guys! Feel free to add on anything else