Author Topic: Wade on Primitive  (Read 21336 times)

Matthew_James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Wade on Primitive
« on: July 03, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »
RNS, watch. Usually I hate these threads, but it's my turn to be an awful human being.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
Re: Wade on Primitive
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 10:36:17 PM »
Good fit if true, DGK is the lamest in the game.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 12:16:23 AM »
would be such a bad time to switch. isnt there a dgk x es colab dropping soon?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 01:51:08 AM »
As much as I love Wade on DGK, I also like the idea of Wade being paid to support his board sponsor, so I'll have to support this move.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 07:20:41 AM »
It feels like that team is growing fast.  Is Primitive really popular in southern California?

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 07:25:10 AM »
Is Primitive really popular in rural America?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »
The evolution of wades fits indicates this was happening for quite some time.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 07:54:32 AM »
Dude is lowkey one of the best ever

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 08:05:59 AM »

Unfortunately he fell victim to the curse of the Canadian ghetto gown at a young age.  Very few successfully overcome this tragedy.  He is damn good though. 

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 08:22:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unfortunately he fell victim to the curse of the Canadian ghetto gown at a young age.  Very few successfully overcome this tragedy.  He is damn good though. 

I wondered why he never had a proper shoe sponsor until I heard on the nineclub (jack curtin episode) that when the whole rbk/dgk thing was dropped all the riders didn't get past flow for another 2-3 years after. curtin was the first one to get a legit sponsor (fallen) after stevie got on supra which was like 3 years after that reebok shit didn't work out. 
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wondered why he never had a proper shoe sponsor until I heard on the nineclub (jack curtin episode) that when the whole rbk/dgk thing was dropped all the riders didn't get past flow for another 2-3 years after. curtin was the first one to get a legit sponsor (fallen) after stevie got on supra which was like 3 years after that reebok shit didn't work out. 

It sounded like the DGK guys put all their eggs in one basket with Reebok, then Reebok bailed.  I never really saw that venture succeeding.  They went in too hard on the "DGK vibe."  Also Reebok doesn't have nearly as many classic shoes to work with or the "cool" brand recognition as Nike or Adidas. 

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 09:02:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It sounded like the DGK guys put all their eggs in one basket with Reebok, then Reebok bailed.  I never really saw that venture succeeding.  They went in too hard on the "DGK vibe."  Also Reebok doesn't have nearly as many classic shoes to work with or the "cool" brand recognition as Nike or Adidas. 

Reebok was crushing it up until then. NFL and NHL exclusinve license. S.Carter, G.Unit, AI, reebok classics were popular. They also had projects with lil wayne, and rick ross. Reebok was hot from like 2003-08 (Atleast in where i'm from). But Reebok was pushing a shoe with lupe fiasco, and pharrels ice cream brand. 3 fucking vanity brands targeting the same demographic. Ice cream was doing better that's why it lasted a lil longer but RBK started hurting all at the time. (source: I used to be a into hypebeast shit back then)

Jack was right, linking the RBK line to DGK was a bad move.

Mcbride is the only OG DGK dude left. Good for wade though

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Unfortunately he fell victim to the curse of the Canadian ghetto gown at a young age.� Very few successfully overcome this tragedy.� He is damn good though.�
[close]

I wondered why he never had a proper shoe sponsor until I heard on the nineclub (jack curtin episode) that when the whole rbk/dgk thing was dropped all the riders didn't get past flow for another 2-3 years after. curtin was the first one to get a legit sponsor (fallen) after stevie got on supra which was like 3 years after that reebok shit didn't work out.�
[close]

It sounded like the DGK guys put all their eggs in one basket with Reebok, then Reebok bailed.� I never really saw that venture succeeding.� They went in too hard on the "DGK vibe."� Also Reebok doesn't have nearly as many classic shoes to work with or the "cool" brand recognition as Nike or Adidas.�
Reebok went ghetto at the exact wrong time and it backfired. Stevie wasn't the greatest ambassador to compete with Nike, so RBK pulled the plug. I know Stevie said RBKxDGK was going to continue with only him, but... the writing was on the wall.

Saying Reebok doesn't have the classic shoes is pretty short sighted. If New Balance can survive in skateboarding there's no reason RBK can't mount a comeback.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 09:20:57 AM »
i don't dislike them but i've never associated reebok with serious athletic shoes. 

good for wade, i was glad to start seeing him in clothes that didn't look like he trapped in some wegro hip hop fantasy.  he does bring the goods.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »
I hope this is true, seems like Primitive is trying to get some roots going in Canadian skating since their tour last summer, which is sick because not many companies are trying to do that. Wade also represents his sponsors good and kills it daily so would be a great move for Primitive, his style has also changed in the past couple years for the better and Primitive is definitely a better fit. Just seen a clip of him on insta tho and he's skating a DGK, so I'm interested to know where this rumour came from.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
Just seen a clip of him on insta tho and he's skating a DGK, so I'm interested to know where this rumour came from.

There was a couple recent Bunt podcasts where Wade was in California skating and hanging with the Primitive team.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
I hope this is true, seems like Primitive is trying to get some roots going in Canadian skating since their tour last summer, which is sick because not many companies are trying to do that. Wade also represents his sponsors good and kills it daily so would be a great move for Primitive, his style has also changed in the past couple years for the better and Primitive is definitely a better fit. Just seen a clip of him on insta tho and he's skating a DGK, so I'm interested to know where this rumour came from.
Call me when they start hooking up the Ghost ya dig? Eh he eh he ya smell me?

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 10:19:04 AM »

It came from a place close enough to the source That Leads Me to believe its going to happen.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 10:32:50 AM »
Good for Wade assuming this is true. Unfortunately though, it's one more reason to be bummed there will probably never be a Primitive video.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
so then there's what, 8-10 primitive pros?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Unfortunately he fell victim to the curse of the Canadian ghetto gown at a young age.� Very few successfully overcome this tragedy.� He is damn good though.�
[close]

I wondered why he never had a proper shoe sponsor until I heard on the nineclub (jack curtin episode) that when the whole rbk/dgk thing was dropped all the riders didn't get past flow for another 2-3 years after. curtin was the first one to get a legit sponsor (fallen) after stevie got on supra which was like 3 years after that reebok shit didn't work out.�
[close]

It sounded like the DGK guys put all their eggs in one basket with Reebok, then Reebok bailed.� I never really saw that venture succeeding.� They went in too hard on the "DGK vibe."� Also Reebok doesn't have nearly as many classic shoes to work with or the "cool" brand recognition as Nike or Adidas.�
[close]
Reebok went ghetto at the exact wrong time and it backfired. Stevie wasn't the greatest ambassador to compete with Nike, so RBK pulled the plug. I know Stevie said RBKxDGK was going to continue with only him, but... the writing was on the wall.

Saying Reebok doesn't have the classic shoes is pretty short sighted. If New Balance can survive in skateboarding there's no reason RBK can't mount a comeback.

I wish Reebok would come back to the NFL. Nike doesn't make a bad jersey at all, but none of my current  Nike ones compete with my Reebok ones.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 11:22:31 AM »
If he does move es will probably make the DGK X eS collab a Wade capsule like Huf did with Sammy Winter (crossing fingers).
But hell yeah, get Wade that money dude is way top good to starve for a mediocre company
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 11:26:07 AM »
What
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

GinosGroceries

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 11:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

July is Ghetto Gown Awareness month

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »

DGK....WACK!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 01:14:01 PM »

DGK....WACK!

Lol that dude was so heated when that video went viral & ppl outside of skateboarding were calling him a crack head..

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »
Pay wade

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
Expand Quote

DGK....WACK!
[close]

Lol that dude was so heated when that video went viral & ppl outside of skateboarding were calling him a crack head..

That dude was definitely so heated.  ::)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 03:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

DGK....WACK!
[close]

[close]

That dude was definitely so heated.  ::)
It cracks me the fuck up,the last dime challenge was so good too

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »
I miss xxxxl Wade

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down