Author Topic: The Birdhouse Video "Saturdays"  (Read 46693 times)

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
Re: The Birdhouse Video "Saturdays"
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
Fuckin', hardcopies please god damnit.
I'll probably have a hard copy of Saturdays before The Flare.
This video sounds good despite the team's KOTR rep, obviously Tony had started getting more involved in Birdhouse again after it kind of being in a lull and it's helped...but the competition is tough for any board brand,much respect to him for keeping it alive and making a video.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2017, 07:35:52 AM »
Damn I forgot how good Clint's Ambig part was. If only he had never opened his mouth, he could have been a mysterious Kirthart-esque killer that was a fav of everyone. Instead he is universally hated. Still looking forward to his part and the rest of the vid.

I think The End was the first skate video I ever saw so Birdhouse videos will always have a special place in my heart (even though I dont think I've seen The Beginning).
I don't hate him.

Mongoloid

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
Slightly off topic, but am I the only one that didn't think "The End" was that great a video? Too cinematic for me when you had Toy Machine's video offerings from the same era.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2017, 08:01:34 AM »
"In full transparency, I've dumped so much money into this Birdhouse video, so much money that I have no hope of recouping it, but the hope is that it will bring back sales." - from tonys GQ interview

did anyone else read this and feel kinda bad? its fuckin sick what hes doing for skateboarding but at the same time i feel like skate vids don't really push sales like they used to. im surprised it already premiered. i dont remember hearing anything about a release date. i still have yet to see the lakai video, who knows when i'll see this.

it is sad, but what do you expect? tony hawk doesnt sell boards like he did 15-20 years ago, and they havent had a kirchart or reynolds level skater since those two left. i cant even tell you the last time i saw someone skating a birdhouse board. they wouldve been done years ago if tony didnt have the kind of money he does.

im stoked to see the video and i hope tony gets some board sale to come back, but i think birdhouse is way past the point of being cool and i dont see them ever making a major comeback.  

Slightly off topic, but am I the only one that didn't think "The End" was that great a video? Too cinematic for me when you had Toy Machine's video offerings from the same era.

the end was alright, but i agree with you. i take welcome to hell or misled youth over it any day of the week.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2017, 08:33:33 AM »
I noticed the other day a lot of fresh Birdhouse boards on the racks of a very popular Mall Skateshop. Then I was driving around and noticed the same chain store with more Birdhouse boards. They are full price now and who knows whats gonna happen with that inventory but nowdays I have the option to buy a Birdhouse and thats something that I cant count since 2002 at least.

Who knows; maybe Birdhouse have a future. And I really loved The End and on course Welcome to Hell. Those were basics on any VHS collection.

So...no Riley guest-trick there ?

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
Video was good, I think probably one of the funniest parts of the video is David Loy's ender (backgrinds a big hubba) is followed up directly by showing a session on that same spot in which everyone else one ups davids trick. ( Shawn Hale front 5-0 , Clive crook and jaws with kickflip melon down the set)

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »

I thought it was super corny when it came out, despite the dope skating, but I've come to appreciate it.

Back on topic I want a Kevin Staab part. He's a punk rawker!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2017, 10:02:05 AM »
I noticed the other day a lot of fresh Birdhouse boards on the racks of a very popular Mall Skateshop. Then I was driving around and noticed the same chain store with more Birdhouse boards. They are full price now and who knows whats gonna happen with that inventory but nowdays I have the option to buy a Birdhouse and thats something that I cant count since 2002 at least.

Who knows; maybe Birdhouse have a future. And I really loved The End and on course Welcome to Hell. Those were basics on any VHS collection.

So...no Riley guest-trick there ?

I think being distributed by baker helps.... don't know why they stayed with syndrome for so long. I saw a middle school age kid at the park the other day w/ clint walker deck, he also had clint walker written on his griptape. It was weird. If I see him again, I'll ask him about it.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »

Willy, Heath & Klein, Reynolds and Hawk made that video dope. The rest is all just filler.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2017, 11:17:06 AM »

Feel like it got better with age. As a kid, I kind of felt the same way but watching it now, it's way better than any time I watched it before.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Willy, Heath & Klein, Reynolds and Hawk made that video dope. The rest is all just filler.

No love for McCrank's short part? I also enjoyed Lenoce's tricks. The only other part is Berra which was weird overall but you get to see him decapitated.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2017, 02:00:36 PM »
Hard Copies/ Itunes doesn't come out until the end of September.

Les we forget, Brain Sumner skates to the Misfits in The End. HA.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
Hard Copies/ Itunes doesn't come out until the end of September.

Damn! Thanks for updating!
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
i couldn't imagine my shit getting derailed after laying something like this down:

also re: clint, he didn't have to act the fool like that but VICE producers are encouraging it, mixed with editing out of context, you're really going to judge that fool under those conditions? who fucking cares dude gets buck and that's skateboarding.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:24 PM »
anyone that wears tight jeans that isn't on Baker/Deathwish/Emerica looks like fucking shit

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »
anyone that wears tight jeans that isn't on Baker/Deathwish/Emerica looks like fucking shit
How insightful thanks for sharing

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2017, 03:35:39 AM »

While I mostly agree, I do think Cole Wilson pulls them off. He is low key team handsome

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2017, 09:15:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

While I mostly agree, I do think Cole Wilson pulls them off. He is low key team handsome
If you guys wanna talk tight pants better head over to the kr3w forum

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2017, 04:30:38 AM »
i couldn't imagine my shit getting derailed after laying something like this down:

also re: clint, he didn't have to act the fool like that but VICE producers are encouraging it, mixed with editing out of context, you're really going to judge that fool under those conditions? who fucking cares dude gets buck and that's skateboarding.

Wow fucking hell! Switch tre was incredible
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2017, 12:21:50 AM »
Good news DVD lovers!

http://www.tactics.com/birdhouse/saturdays-skate-dvd

Well... coming soon....
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2017, 08:14:09 AM »
Good news DVD lovers!

http://www.tactics.com/birdhouse/saturdays-skate-dvd

Well... coming soon....
this just made my morning, good looks h00man

Ben Ironside

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2017, 08:42:36 AM »
Honestly just excited to see Raybourne rip on some old school shit and Jaws go big

imgne

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2017, 04:49:54 PM »
Anyone who's seen it already and knows which Modest Mouse song that was used in Clints part, can ya'll DM with the song plz & thnx in advance

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »
If it's longer than Shitluck I don't want to see it.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

Skateboarding of tight pants?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2017, 10:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm looking forward to when the highwaters trend goes tight. Everyone will be skating in leggings that hit mid-calve and look like acid-washed jeans but are really yoga pant material.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2017, 10:49:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm looking forward to when the highwaters trend goes tight. Everyone will be skating in leggings that hit mid-calve and look like acid-washed jeans but are really yoga pant material.

sounds comfy as fuck

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »
Anyone who's seen it already and knows which Modest Mouse song that was used in Clints part, can ya'll DM with the song plz & thnx in advance
It was that radio banger "Ocean Breathes Salty"

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ek27

• Rep: 6
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »

It's Cowboy Dan

imgne

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »
Ek27 & Francis... Cheers