Author Topic: ANDY SCHROCK is the next Steve Berra  (Read 8152 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: ANDY SCHROCK is the next Steve Berra
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 01:39:51 AM »
We have words and slang to describe things negatively, neutrally, and positively. If you are committing acts of niggitry or faggotry, I have no problem with people saying the word that best describes the situation. Not all words for gays or blacks have to be positive, and can be used to degrade a person that is not from that group. This is where the "joke" part comes in because it makes no sense according to the meaning of the words, and they are simply used for degradation.

In this case andy shrock is definitely a faggot.
And you are an idiot. It's not the usage of a derogatory term outside of its previous confines, it's how it is still negative and derogatory to both sides. Just focus again.

wheelies

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 02:18:28 AM »
Expand Quote
We have words and slang to describe things negatively, neutrally, and positively. If you are committing acts of niggitry or faggotry, I have no problem with people saying the word that best describes the situation. Not all words for gays or blacks have to be positive, and can be used to degrade a person that is not from that group. This is where the "joke" part comes in because it makes no sense according to the meaning of the words, and they are simply used for degradation.

[close]
And you are an idiot. It's not the usage of a derogatory term outside of its previous confines, it's how it is still negative and derogatory to both sides. Just focus again.
Its meant to be negative.

Heres another one. "Bitch". Your acting like a baby back bitch.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 03:05:05 AM »

You really are ignorant and uninformed. By your logic it's ok to call a white person "nigga rich" if they are "acting that way". Hey, it's only a joke right?

Ouchy, right in the self esteem, I don't know if I will recover from this. Also bawtawd got it and you didn't, feel sorry.
And yes? It is ok? It's called B-A-N-T-E-R you soft cunt.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2017, 04:32:00 AM »

Expand Quote
You really are ignorant and uninformed. By your logic it's ok to call a white person "nigga rich" if they are "acting that way". Hey, it's only a joke right?
[close]

Ouchy, right in the self esteem, I don't know if I will recover from this. Also bawtawd got it and you didn't, feel sorry.
And yes? It is ok? It's called B-A-N-T-E-R you soft cunt.
Ahahahaha,

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 04:46:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Its meant to be negative.

Heres another one. "Bitch". Your acting like a baby back bitch.

You suck you white middle aged man! Oh wait these words you use are grounded in ways to identify minorities. How weird?! Totally right though. It's just PC rubbish.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »
whats up with revive? Is this some sort of window to a parallel universe? I just started  d hearing abut it within the last few months

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2017, 08:22:46 AM »
Damn you Andy Shrock, you're tearing this message board apart!
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Dead Horseman

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »
Epitome of the word Kook.

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2017, 05:59:38 PM »
Is anyone shocked that Crob and Rog like Schrock's Insta posts?

drcroc

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 06:20:11 PM »
1. We should move this regular discussion to a thread called "Andy Schrock is a DOO-DOO HEAD"  

OP?

Also, I feel it is wrong Schrock puts his small child in videos. I'm a believer in the idea small children shouldn't be put on television in game shows or whatever. If you're like, 13-14 years old and filming your friends skating, that's different. And by the way, totally normal.

But... If you're a grown man putting your child in click-baity videos on the Internet for views, this seems fucking wrong.
Doo-doo head's whole persona rubs me the wrong way. It's definitely a strange self-centered thing. I think it goes way beyond just "Kook."

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »

I'm sure Crob would want some of that Remive Clickbait traffic. The only video that seems to be doing well with views is the Lil Wayne episode. And I'm sure Roger Baglady is sitting in front of the mirror, practicing on how he's going to interrupt Andy Schrock as he brings up everything about his life that  he memorized off of the first couple of google search results...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 04:47:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm sure Crob would want some of that Remive Clickbait traffic. The only video that seems to be doing well with views is the Lil Wayne episode. And I'm sure Roger Baglady is sitting in front of the mirror, practicing on how he's going to interrupt Andy Schrock as he brings up everything about his life that  he memorized off of the first couple of google search results...

Hahah yeah Roger and Kelly both seem daft, Roberts seems like a dude who would jerk off while commenting his own trick sw flip manny drinking Perrier: "huuumm here he comes the stallion, look how he balances on that wheelie impeccable form ooh yeeeaah shit"
I miss Rob&Erica. And Ericas thickness and bracelets making that maracas sound.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 04:49:17 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 06:43:45 AM »
whats up with revive? Is this some sort of window to a parallel universe? I just started  d hearing abut it within the last few months

revive is independent, skater owned, DIY brand. They broke all the rules, paved their own lane, and became a success on the backs of their own hardwork and commitment. They have their own market and pretty much stick to their demographic.

everyone hates them for it

Donald Rump

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 06:56:57 AM »
Seriously all this shit isnt as worrying as the Nike polo pro shirt skate uniform, like nugget rocks.

Revive is bad but not as bad as the nike polo's

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2017, 07:03:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

revive is independent, skater owned, DIY brand. They broke all the rules, paved their own lane, and became a success on the backs of their own hardwork and commitment. They have their own market and pretty much stick to their demographic.

your opinion. Do you work there?
 They seem like early to mid 2000s suburban mall shop kids that grew up and were rejected by skateboarding.

I can't identify with the selfie style videos, they make me  uncomfortable.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2017, 07:16:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

your opinion. Do you work there?
 They seem like early to mid 2000s suburban mall shop kids that grew up and were rejected by skateboarding.

I can't identify with the selfie style videos, they make me  uncomfortable.

This is how I feel. They can have there slice of the pie and hopefully the kids that are in to it will grow out of them and see the culture of skateboarding from a different perspective butt fuck me if in a few years time their model is the one skaters rely on. You will miss our on so many amazing skaters who just don't fuck with selling their souls for clicks.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »
Youtube channels cum and go. At this point in his channel, he has about 50-50 of making it for life. Just because he has a million suscribers, it really doesn't mean anything. Countless accounts have one million subscribers and aren't making any money because their channels became dead. I looked at his youtube the other day and his view counts aren't really that impressive, well except when he does the click bait shit. The click bait videos are the ones that are making him money. It's working now but could totally crash in the near future, or just when his son isn't at a cute age. Can't really name a video "13 year old rides a skateboard!" and expect a ton of views. His son is basically the only thing that is making him money

Edit: Before anybody tries to tell me I'm wrong or they think they know more than me, here's a youtube account that has 500 thousand less than Andy and his view counts are consistent and doing pretty well for a youtube account that has a million subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw1SQ6QRRtfAhrN_cjkrOgA/videos

Almost every video does better than Andy's, again the only ones that don't do better his is clickbait shit. Even then his channel is probably making more money than Andy's. Andy's is dying 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:27:49 AM by tobey »

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
Youtube channels cum and go. At this point in his channel, he has about 50-50 of making it for life. Just because he has a million suscribers, it really doesn't mean anything. Countless accounts have one million subscribers and aren't making any money because their channels became dead. I looked at his youtube the other day and his view counts aren't really that impressive, well except when he does the click bait shit. The click bait videos are the ones that are making him money. It's working now but could totally crash in the near future, or just when his son isn't at a cute age. Can't really name a video "13 year old rides a skateboard!" and expect a ton of views. His son is basically the only thing that is making him money

Edit: Before anybody tries to tell me I'm wrong or they think they know more than me, here's a youtube account that has 500 thousand less than Andy and his view counts are consistent and doing pretty well for a youtube account that has a million subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw1SQ6QRRtfAhrN_cjkrOgA/videos

Almost every video does better than Andy's, again the only ones that don't do better his is clickbait shit. Even then his channel is probably making more money than Andy's. Andy's is dying 

That's the thing about children. You can make more... or acquire one through other means.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
Waiting for the Revive Todd Falcon legends model. If Shannon May and Thom Hornung can come back, so can the Falcon.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

drcroc

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lol, no. The pretty much followed the template of the Berrics but instead named their skate park "Shredquarters." Wouldn't exactly call that paving ones own lane.

The owner just seems like a real douchebag. Type of guy that's not psyched on skaters better than him but instead has a deep-seated resentment and jealousy of them, which comes out in little angry "Uhhm" "Yeah" type outbursts. He can't even talk correctly, he's so not even-keel, it's all erratic and rambunctious and totally insincere. I don't care about their product because I can't support Doo-Doo Head. He's all about his fame/money/ego and not at all about skating, it's fucking obvious trolls.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
The click bait videos are the ones that are making him money. It's working now but could totally crash in the near future, or just when his son isn't at a cute age. Can't really name a video "13 year old rides a skateboard!" and expect a ton of views. His son is basically the only thing that is making him money.

I'm pretty oblivious to this guy, but I just checked his YouTube channel out of curiosity. Tobey and drcroc are dead on. The video's of his young son have tens of millions of views, while Shrock's skate videos might get 50-100 thousand views. So he's just a variation of those degenerate YouTube families that exploit their kids for money and pseudo-fame!?

wheelies

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2017, 11:32:21 AM »
Seriously all this shit isnt as worrying as the Nike polo pro shirt skate uniform, like nugget rocks.

Revive is bad but not as bad as the nike polo's
them polos is kinda fresh dough, not with the matching hat though.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lol, no. The pretty much followed the template of the Berrics but instead named their skate park "Shredquarters." Wouldn't exactly call that paving ones own lane.

The owner just seems like a real douchebag. Type of guy that's not psyched on skaters better than him but instead has a deep-seated resentment and jealousy of them, which comes out in little angry "Uhhm" "Yeah" type outbursts. He can't even talk correctly, he's so not even-keel, it's all erratic and rambunctious and totally insincere. I don't care about their product because I can't support Doo-Doo Head. He's all about his fame/money/ego and not at all about skating, it's fucking obvious trolls.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, im trolling a little.

but for a while, the berrics was anti-youtube. (Berra appearently still is). They had a shitty media player for the longest. I know i wasn't the only one watching mirrored battle commanders on youtbe because they played better. They would C&D anyone who uploaded their content. They wanted all that ad revenue to to come straight to them. While they were busy doing that, Schrock and company were able to establish themselves. If berric's had  published their content on youtube early on, there would have been harder for revive to get a foothold.

I don't know about shrock's personallity. I think his content is lame, but I'll still give him credit for building a successful skate brand inspite of the industry. I like to think skateboarding has always had a space, for people like him. It just use to be a smaller space.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »
And Ericas thickness and bracelets making that maracas sound.
girls with lots of jewelry janglin around is defs hot!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
Expand Quote
The click bait videos are the ones that are making him money. It's working now but could totally crash in the near future, or just when his son isn't at a cute age. Can't really name a video "13 year old rides a skateboard!" and expect a ton of views. His son is basically the only thing that is making him money.
[close]

I'm pretty oblivious to this guy, but I just checked his YouTube channel out of curiosity. Tobey and drcroc are dead on. The video's of his young son have tens of millions of views, while Shrock's skate videos might get 50-100 thousand views. So he's just a variation of those degenerate YouTube families that exploit their kids for money and pseudo-fame!?

Definitely is but hey at least he didn't pull the old Daddyofive route where the wife and husband would prank their kids so ruthlessly that child services came and took a couple kids away from them. But hey still beats a regular job

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2017, 06:51:02 PM »
I don't hate on Andy Schrock for the same reason I don't hate on The Big Bang Theory, plain cream cheese bagels, or tap water that contains traces of lead that are considered safe for human consumption. People like him have always existed, and they'll continue to exist.

I think we all expect skateboarding to be some eclectic celebration of the individual, but for the most part there have always been companies who've marketed to groups of lowest common denominators. As much as we like to think otherwise, skating attracts more of the dull and uninspired than we'd like to admit; it's just more apparent during points of high popularity, and even more so with cross-sharing platforms on the internet. Sure they'll usually exist independently of some cool guy nonsense, but someone had to capitalize on the Nowhere, USA mega church going crowd.

Me? I'm edgy as fuck. I'm still holding out for Taliban Skateboards or Juche Theory Skate Shop.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.