Author Topic: the ART thread.  (Read 210417 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
Re: the ART thread.
« Reply #1530 on: November 30, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
i would sure like to get a grip of that cock.

to hang it on my wall, of course.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

DOOMERSANDSKULLS

• Rep: -28
« Reply #1531 on: November 30, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
sick colors on the cock awsome job,
some of mine first one is newer

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65216
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1532 on: November 30, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »
While I don't have a lot of time these days for making art, lately I have been exploring on a concept I worked with as part of my college art minor-using cropped compositions to de-contextualize real life still life's into abstract imagery.  Drawing/Painting was the medium I was working with in school, but I got re-interested in this and some tangents of it, because I discovered that my cell phone camera does it very well, and its limitations as a camera accentuate its ability to create abstracts and/or interestingly alter appropriated images.  Not rocket science, but I like abstract images and consider this an interesting way of achieving them.  Here is my finger, and the appropriated image my phone pulled from my mother-in law's camera manual.

RobDyrdek

« Reply #1533 on: November 30, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
hey buddy above me- thats not art its a blurry ass picture, hate to inform you

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1534 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
hey buddy above me- thats not art its a blurry ass picture, hate to inform you

Obviously its a blurry ass picture.  Jackson Polluck's paintings are just a bunch of paint splattered on the canvas.  I am interested in creating imagery with this, not perfect photos, and not work to be sold.  I find the concept of using digital technology to create photos which look more like abstract paintings intriguing, but then again my aesthetic has been formed by 20 something years of drawing and painting along with a fine art minor in college.  I can take a perfect picture, I can draw or paint what I see in detail, but am not always interested in doing so.  If I hadn't explained my method of acheiving my result, would you have called it a blurry picture, or just gone wtf?  Since you don't like blurry blue almost pictures of asian girls-and not everyone does-here's one of my landscape paintings.

Cockaigne

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1535 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »
A board serie I made a while ago; connaiseur

A fusion work made on copious amounts of weed:

And finally, Crusified Charlie Chaplin:

RipGrip

• Rep: 108
« Reply #1536 on: December 01, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »
My most recent illustration...

Indian ink & felt tip pens on paper

50 x 70 cm
Wow cool!

CATZ

« Reply #1537 on: December 01, 2010, 06:31:25 PM »
this thread has only gotten better, my old user was whang not that anyone would remember, this is one of my favorite threads

Untitled-3 by tom mcguinness1, on Flickr
it was suppose to be a illustration for andy roys big brother interview,
also some record covers i made

spindrift by tom mcguinness1, on Flickr

red deer.

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1538 on: December 01, 2010, 07:41:22 PM »
mine isnt half as good as some of the stuff on here, but i do these to pass the winter, and make a little extra money

im learning to stripe so i did this on the rack of my bicycle

Mackattack

« Reply #1539 on: December 01, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
While I don't have a lot of time these days for making art, lately I have been exploring on a concept I worked with as part of my college art minor-using cropped compositions to de-contextualize real life still life's into abstract imagery.  Drawing/Painting was the medium I was working with in school, but I got re-interested in this and some tangents of it, because I discovered that my cell phone camera does it very well, and its limitations as a camera accentuate its ability to create abstracts and/or interestingly alter appropriated images.  Not rocket science, but I like abstract images and consider this an interesting way of achieving them.  Here is my finger, and the appropriated image my phone pulled from my mother-in law's camera manual.

While I don't have a lot of time these days for making art, lately I have been hearkening back to my high school days, where I would use my camera phone to take extreme close ups of my cock and sent them to girls. This technique , which I call "shrouding the cock," decontextualizes my cock into abstract imagery. Getting drunk and wandering the halls were the mediums I worked with in school, but I got reinterested In showing girls my cock when I became a bachelor again after a few years of being tied down. Not rocket science, but I like showing girls my cock and consider this an interesting way of achieving this without being sued for sexual harassment.
Here is a sample of my work:

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #1540 on: December 01, 2010, 10:10:55 PM »

While I don't have a lot of time these days for making art, lately I have been hearkening back to my high school days, where I would use my camera phone to take extreme close ups of my cock and sent them to girls. This technique , which I call "shrouding the cock," decontextualizes my cock into abstract imagery. Getting drunk and wandering the halls were the mediums I worked with in school, but I got reinterested In showing girls my cock when I became a bachelor again after a few years of being tied down. Not rocket science, but I like showing girls my cock and consider this an interesting way of achieving this without being sued for sexual harassment.

MACKLIN!!!!!!!
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1541 on: December 02, 2010, 08:44:25 AM »
That's some pretty crazy stuff you have going on up there.  Do you let the girls know its a picture of your junk, or just let them think it was an accident while your photo subliminially gets your unit on their minds?  Either way, you are a genius.

Anton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Blog
« Reply #1542 on: December 02, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »
mine isnt half as good as some of the stuff on here, but i do these to pass the winter, and make a little extra money

im learning to stripe so i did this on the rack of my bicycle

Supeergood stuff! Big ups

Mackattack

« Reply #1543 on: December 02, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »

MACKLIN!!!!!!!

YES?!

LesbianPUNCH

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:07:01 AM by LesbianPUNCH »

Cockaigne

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1545 on: December 03, 2010, 05:01:28 AM »
Whaaaaaaaaa fucking amazing!

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #1546 on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:15 AM »
Damn. LP rips.

////////////

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #1547 on: December 03, 2010, 01:40:44 PM »

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
« Reply #1548 on: December 04, 2010, 07:21:39 AM »
There is a shit load of talent on these boards.

If any of you guys are specifically interested in working in an advertising agency creative department, send me a pm. If you're serious about a job, all you need is a solid portfolio, a college degree and a willingness to travel.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Nick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1549 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:46 PM »
I just recently got into stencil art from Jason Adams, this is the one out of my first projects that I feel is the best....

SansLeChien

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1550 on: December 07, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »
This thread is so fucking rad.

the man whose screen name I cant remember with the felt pens and bottles of india ink for days is killllin it.

Heres a link to some of my work, I would post it all individually but it would be time consuming and would massively clog the thread.

http://www.sanslechien.blogspot.com/

Give me a wink and a hi-five if you like anything.

Peace!

Nick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1551 on: December 07, 2010, 07:42:44 PM »
^ sanslechien, good shit man, good shit....

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 86
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #1552 on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »

a scribble

Northcity23

• Rep: 18
« Reply #1553 on: December 13, 2010, 06:28:21 PM »
my best friend Elliott

casper

• Rep: 22
  • the friendly ghost
« Reply #1554 on: December 20, 2010, 09:42:10 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:33:15 AM by casper »

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #1555 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »
Just completed the album cover art for a band called Kaliya in Dallas.

http://www.lukephysioc.com/blog/kaliya-annihilator-album-art/

casper

• Rep: 22
  • the friendly ghost
« Reply #1556 on: December 20, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #1557 on: December 20, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
8 posts in and you just KILLED it.

earlygrab

« Reply #1558 on: December 20, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
Stoked on this thread!!

Made these a few years back for my friend. He never used them, said it was too expensive to print, but I think it was wrong for the brand and he was being polite.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 579
« Reply #1559 on: December 20, 2010, 07:30:33 PM »