Author Topic: the ART thread.  (Read 211578 times)

Generik

• Rep: 2
Re: the ART thread.
« Reply #1830 on: March 10, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »
Brother Bear.

Ⓐ☭Ⓐ☭Ⓐ

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1831 on: March 17, 2012, 06:55:34 AM »

This is from a few weeks back...I'm going through a drawing foxes phase right now...

The stuff in this thread is so good... I really need to pick up my game so I can post in here more
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:23:16 AM by The Drew »

holsten pils

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1832 on: April 07, 2012, 05:49:52 AM »
Christianity-based-illustration

From my Tumblr http://samtaylorillustrator.tumblr.com/

Skate Troll

• Rep: -560
  • slap's resident psychopath
« Reply #1833 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »
not mine

look I never said it was ok but chill man tis all cool just havin some fun.

NonCents

« Reply #1834 on: May 18, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »
Board series i finished up recently for a friend's company in CT:

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1835 on: May 18, 2012, 07:06:18 PM »

schoolwork in progress

personal work. An old  world war IV veteran army droid contemplates his time in service

Metamachine, your work is so awesome. I am seriously mesmerized by it. It makes me a little sad about my own artistic ability. I'm sure you've answered this, but what's the medium you use? Are you doing a lot on the computer? I'm inspired and am going to make some shitty art at 2 in the morning tonight. Or the morning or whatever.
Irvine-Sucks.com

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 22
    • flickr
« Reply #1836 on: May 18, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simongarfe

recently made a flickr with some drawings and random stuff

finecojeffe

• Rep: 14
    • Fine-Co
« Reply #1837 on: May 21, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
I did a project for 367 days where I drew a devil every day for that time. Nov. 19, 2010 to Nov. 21, 2011. Here they are:

http://deviladay.blogspot.com/

http://deviladay.blogspot.com/2011/11/long-of-it.html

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1838 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
I did a project for 367 days where I drew a devil every day for that time. Nov. 19, 2010 to Nov. 21, 2011. Here they are:

Damn, that's really sick. I admire your dedication to having that daily ritual. Makes me want to do something like that.
Irvine-Sucks.com

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 452
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
« Reply #1839 on: May 21, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »

That's awesome. How big are they each individually?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1840 on: May 22, 2012, 05:18:28 AM »
thanks! The majority of them are 4"x6". I filled out 10 moleskin books doing this. Some are larger paintings of which some have sold. A few became graphics for some skate companies like Big Mess, Shipyard, and Cockfight, while others made their way onto shirts and other random stuff.

It was definitely a pretty awesome project to take on, and it's left me with a lot of inspiration to choose from for the future. I'm not sure I would do a project like this again however because it became a real addiction.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Has anybody seen Sponge Harris?
« Reply #1841 on: May 22, 2012, 05:39:24 AM »

Holy shit dude. This is my favorite thing that I've seen this week. It's fun going through your blogspot and looking at them but with all of them tiled together like that, it looks really sick. Nice.

CATZ

« Reply #1842 on: May 23, 2012, 01:13:50 AM »

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1843 on: May 23, 2012, 05:56:12 AM »
thanks donkey lips!

thome, did you do the layout, illustration or all? It's sick! Where are you designing from (I mean what firm/agency...whatever?)

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #1844 on: May 23, 2012, 07:01:09 AM »
Damn, finecojeffe, that really is awesome.  I've had artist block for weeks now.  Maybe I need something similar to get the juices going.

Galletly

« Reply #1845 on: May 23, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »
I drew Batman playing a double-bass:

EDIT: That devil-a-day stuff is awesome.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:40:05 AM by Galletly »

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1846 on: May 23, 2012, 07:20:35 AM »
Damn, finecojeffe, that really is awesome.  I've had artist block for weeks now.  Maybe I need something similar to get the juices going.
It definitely helped with the artists block. I started the project because I was frustrated with my professional career as a designer. I'm often sick of dumb revisions and corrections from unqualified people, so I started the project where nobody could give any input. Over the course of doing it, if I ever felt blocked I just forced my way through an illustration. The less planning the better in that case. Just put a pen down and let it go!

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1847 on: May 23, 2012, 08:39:02 AM »
It definitely helped with the artists block. I started the project because I was frustrated with my professional career as a designer. I'm often sick of dumb revisions and corrections from unqualified people, so I started the project where nobody could give any input. Over the course of doing it, if I ever felt blocked I just forced my way through an illustration. The less planning the better in that case. Just put a pen down and let it go!

I'm thinking I might do a 365 day mission only with a flip book.  I was thinking 5 pages a day, but that would be too big to flip.  Maybe a very detailed one at 365 pages....

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1848 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
Wow, I just stared at that Batman drawing for a couple of minutes. I think the little foot tap is what got me. You win sir, you win.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:39:15 AM by RCB3 »
Irvine-Sucks.com

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1849 on: May 23, 2012, 09:31:54 AM »

I'm thinking I might do a 365 day mission only with a flip book.  I was thinking 5 pages a day, but that would be too big to flip.  Maybe a very detailed one at 365 pages....
you could do 4 books in the year, each one worth 91.25 days about. Or 3 books at 121.666 days per book. Or a book a month, although a 30 page flip book would be too quick. It's about 6 frames per second of illustration if I recall correctly for stop frame (I'm probably wrong). On second thought a pair of six month books or just the one 365 page book might be the best option for a flip book. Any of those options would be pretty daunting.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1850 on: May 23, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
Here are a few of my etchings.

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1851 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:07 AM »
those are awesome

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1852 on: May 23, 2012, 11:12:31 AM »

you could do 4 books in the year, each one worth 91.25 days about. Or 3 books at 121.666 days per book. Or a book a month, although a 30 page flip book would be too quick. It's about 6 frames per second of illustration if I recall correctly for stop frame (I'm probably wrong). On second thought a pair of six month books or just the one 365 page book might be the best option for a flip book. Any of those options would be pretty daunting.

I gotta figure something out.  I'm starting a comic strip soon and the character design has become quite.... boring lately.

CATZ

« Reply #1853 on: May 23, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
thanks donkey lips!

thome, did you do the layout, illustration or all? It's sick! Where are you designing from (I mean what firm/agency...whatever?)
Cheers man, same to you. I did the illustration and layout for my graduate project, it was a little booklet with posters i designed inside, im not at a design firm right now but im going to the states soon to hopefully pick up a job, are you a graphic designer?

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1854 on: May 23, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
I gotta figure something out.  I'm starting a comic strip soon and the character design has become quite.... boring lately.
probably just boring to you as you're close to it. Just keep drawing the same character over and over and at some point you get a little change going on without trying and you figure something new out and develop something interesting to yourself!

thanks donkey lips!

Cheers man, same to you. I did the illustration and layout for my graduate project, it was a little booklet with posters i designed inside, im not at a design firm right now but im going to the states soon to hopefully pick up a job, are you a graphic designer?
Nice project then! Yeah I'm a graphic designer. I'm not at a firm though anymore, I'm the designer for the city of Miami. Probably going to go back for my terminal degree and to attempt to become a professor. I think I'd prefer that over the practice. Or, I'm pushing to continue a small brand I've been developing called Fine-Co.

CATZ

« Reply #1855 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:02 PM »

Nice project then! Yeah I'm a graphic designer. I'm not at a firm though anymore, I'm the designer for the city of Miami. Probably going to go back for my terminal degree and to attempt to become a professor. I think I'd prefer that over the practice. Or, I'm pushing to continue a small brand I've been developing called Fine-Co.
is that this http://fineco.bigcartel.com/? nice stuff man, good luck!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:59:21 PM by Thome »

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1856 on: May 23, 2012, 03:12:32 PM »
those are awesome
Thanks. I dig your stuff too.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #1857 on: May 23, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »
Did these today for fun

Muddy Waters

Thelonious Monk

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co
« Reply #1858 on: May 23, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »
yeah Thome, that's me. I really gotta work on developing a website. I'm slacking on that part, but a full time job, 2 kids, and doing local events with Fine-Co doesn't leave much time for me. Here's a little better view of what's been done:

I've had three artists contribute so far as well; Keith Warren Greiman, Nick Apice, and Bwana Spoons. Each of those dudes has insane killer art!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #1859 on: May 23, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
yeah Thome, that's me. I really gotta work on developing a website. I'm slacking on that part, but a full time job, 2 kids, and doing local events with Fine-Co doesn't leave much time for me. Here's a little better view of what's been done:

I've had three artists contribute so far as well; Keith Warren Greiman, Nick Apice, and Bwana Spoons. Each of those dudes has insane killer art!
Really dig that keep pushing shirt