Author Topic: the ART thread.  (Read 211083 times)

bongggblue

• Rep: 3
Re: the ART thread.
« Reply #2040 on: August 31, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »
Kinda flipped this dude off one of the newer versions of a Shut shark a while back...

got a bunch of other old skate graphics I wanna flip as characters / themes for pieces when I get back around to it.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #2041 on: September 01, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »
there's some extremely talented people in here, holy shit! this thread is awesome. why it took me this long to browse this page is beyond me.

here's a few things i've worked on this year (sorry for the instagram spam)

superhero series i was commissioned:

some from a simpsons series for the twelve-day marathon:

some randoms:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:27:07 PM by doublesteveburger »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2042 on: September 01, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »
Fuckin' right Dub Steve Burger! The globe, the 4 piece canvas and the TV are all the hot shit. More 3D painted stuff like that... What kind of paint are you using on plastic?

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2043 on: September 01, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »
Fuckin' right Dub Steve Burger! The globe, the 4 piece canvas and the TV are all the hot shit. More 3D painted stuff like that... What kind of paint are you using on plastic?

thanks man! and for the televisions/globe i usually coat with a layer of white acrylic paint then a layer of spraypaint, but it all usually depends on the texture of the piece i'm painting on as well. painting on plastic is a nightmare, hence the spraypaint.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #2044 on: September 01, 2014, 06:19:23 PM »
some of the stuff i did for my 2d concentration last year, architectural painting's

I've got a bunch more, those are just some of my favorites

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2045 on: September 02, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
doublesteveburger your work is fucking awesome!  :o And I like CINCINNATI stuff too, i'm a fan of geometric painting!

oh, just finished the dotwork! :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

bongggblue

« Reply #2046 on: September 03, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »
Stippling is the shit haha.
Awesome stuff up in hurrrrrrr...

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #2047 on: September 12, 2014, 05:25:01 AM »
Almost done...

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2048 on: September 13, 2014, 03:53:39 AM »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2049 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:04 AM »

bongggblue

« Reply #2050 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
Ode to Keith Meek done in Bushwick this past weekend...

abudabi

« Reply #2051 on: September 19, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
damn distant rumours, that is awesome.
liking everyone else's stuff on this page too.
rusty, that rules hahahaha

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2052 on: September 22, 2014, 04:05:13 AM »
Ode to Keith Meek done in Bushwick this past weekend...

Hell yeah Enue! Stoked to see u on SLAP forums now that I'm banned off 12 oz. You got that board or just like the graphic?

CBerger

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2053 on: October 01, 2014, 03:49:57 PM »

Please let me know what you guys think.  I posted up some different styles and new/old work.  Much more at facebook.com/chrisbergerart or @chrisjaredberger #chrisbergerart on instagram

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2054 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:38 AM »
Small sculpture that i made the last year in the art school. (sorry for the big picture)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
« Reply #2055 on: October 20, 2014, 04:46:47 AM »
Here are some insets from two ads I worked on a couple of years ago. Each illustration took almost 3 months to complete and contains over 200 unique characters.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com
« Reply #2056 on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
The fuck?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2057 on: October 20, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
Here are some insets from two ads I worked on a couple of years ago. Each illustration took almost 3 months to complete and contains over 200 unique characters.

>2 insane images that just a maniac would commit to do.<

damn nigga you crazy!  :o

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #2058 on: October 20, 2014, 12:40:50 PM »
Made this a few months ago. Still not sure what why or what I meant to express. You can pretty easily tell which panels I was drunk for.

http://i.imgur.com/RRsQHUt.jpg

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2059 on: October 20, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
doublesteve, did you do graphics for a company called bad news boards a few years ago?

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2060 on: October 20, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »
Did you actually help with the illustration on those images, Mouth? I was under the impression that you were in more of an executive position, but maybe my perception of you has been skewed by Gipper's abuse.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2061 on: October 20, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »
doublesteve, did you do graphics for a company called bad news boards a few years ago?

I did not actually, but I am curious as to what the graphics look like on these boards that made you think so! link/photos?

also, thought I'd share another piece I was commissioned not too long ago.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2062 on: October 20, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »

I can't even wrap my head around this.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #2063 on: October 21, 2014, 06:48:08 AM »

I did not actually, but I am curious as to what the graphics look like on these boards that made you think so! link/photos?

also, thought I'd share another piece I was commissioned not too long ago.

these were the ones that your work reminded me of. when i went and looked for them i found the artist, http://iamkillernapkins.com/

i dont think that company is around anymore. this guy i used to skate with was on their team and he would sell me boards for cheap, but that was a few years ago and they havent posted any new graphics since then. they had a rough start, but once that killer napkins dude took over the graphics i thought the company started to look good. the boards were decent quality but had a really shitty shape i thought.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2064 on: October 21, 2014, 11:34:14 AM »
Oh wow! those graphics are killer. I've heard of that artist before, I think he had a good gig doin art for some big band at some point.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
« Reply #2065 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
Here are the full ads. They were used in magazines, newspapers and as large format vinyl wall stickers in the client's stores, which is where they looked best.

As suggested, I didn't draw them. I was the creative director on the project. I worked on the original concept, sold it to the CEO/client, planned out the visuals and their contents and guided the art directors and illustrators. The process involved emailing the visuals back and forth for comments 3 times a week and meeting in person once a week, as they evolved from pencil to line to full-colour illustrations.

The two guys who actually illustrated them were great (and extremely patient). In the end, things worked out well for them as the ads won 12 or so national and international awards, mainly for illustration and have been featured in books on advertising.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2066 on: October 22, 2014, 12:00:47 AM »
Here are the full ads. They were used in magazines, newspapers and as large format vinyl wall stickers in the client's stores, which is where they looked best.

As suggested, I didn't draw them. I was the creative director on the project. I worked on the original concept, sold it to the CEO/client, planned out the visuals and their contents and guided the art directors and illustrators. The process involved emailing the visuals back and forth for comments 3 times a week and meeting in person once a week, as they evolved from pencil to line to full-colour illustrations.

The two guys who actually illustrated them were great (and extremely patient). In the end, things worked out well for them as the ads won 12 or so national and international awards, mainly for illustration and have been featured in books on advertising.

jesus fucking christ, that's beautiful.

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 91
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com
« Reply #2067 on: November 02, 2014, 04:20:00 AM »

Stupid Halloween drawing.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2068 on: November 19, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
Any other metal workers on here? Here's some pieces from 2011 back when i was a bit more chubby and didn't skateboard. They're real ghetto but I was able to sell the hat pin with the garnets and the pendant with the purple and green channel. Pretty stoked to be getting back into it (not going to make necklaces this time, just pins and screwback things to go on hats)

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2069 on: November 20, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »
having a showing in about two weeks where I will mainly be displaying painted decks, here's two I just finished and thought you guys might enjoy.