Author Topic: the ART thread.  (Read 325580 times)

Mouth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: the ART thread.
« Reply #1980 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:17 PM »
Here are the full ads. They were used in magazines, newspapers and as large format vinyl wall stickers in the client's stores, which is where they looked best.

As suggested, I didn't draw them. I was the creative director on the project. I worked on the original concept, sold it to the CEO/client, planned out the visuals and their contents and guided the art directors and illustrators. The process involved emailing the visuals back and forth for comments 3 times a week and meeting in person once a week, as they evolved from pencil to line to full-colour illustrations.

The two guys who actually illustrated them were great (and extremely patient). In the end, things worked out well for them as the ads won 12 or so national and international awards, mainly for illustration and have been featured in books on advertising.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1981 on: October 22, 2014, 12:00:47 AM »
Here are the full ads. They were used in magazines, newspapers and as large format vinyl wall stickers in the client's stores, which is where they looked best.

As suggested, I didn't draw them. I was the creative director on the project. I worked on the original concept, sold it to the CEO/client, planned out the visuals and their contents and guided the art directors and illustrators. The process involved emailing the visuals back and forth for comments 3 times a week and meeting in person once a week, as they evolved from pencil to line to full-colour illustrations.

The two guys who actually illustrated them were great (and extremely patient). In the end, things worked out well for them as the ads won 12 or so national and international awards, mainly for illustration and have been featured in books on advertising.

jesus fucking christ, that's beautiful.

Tenterhooks

• Rep: 112
  • I love you x
    • http://davidgalletly.com avatar image
« Reply #1982 on: November 02, 2014, 04:20:00 AM »

Stupid Halloween drawing.
"Was I a hero? Maybe to Hero, I was a hero." - Doug Brown

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1983 on: November 19, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
Any other metal workers on here? Here's some pieces from 2011 back when i was a bit more chubby and didn't skateboard. They're real ghetto but I was able to sell the hat pin with the garnets and the pendant with the purple and green channel. Pretty stoked to be getting back into it (not going to make necklaces this time, just pins and screwback things to go on hats)

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1984 on: November 20, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »
having a showing in about two weeks where I will mainly be displaying painted decks, here's two I just finished and thought you guys might enjoy.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1985 on: November 20, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »
Any other metal workers on here? Here's some pieces from 2011 back when i was a bit more chubby and didn't skateboard. They're real ghetto but I was able to sell the hat pin with the garnets and the pendant with the purple and green channel. Pretty stoked to be getting back into it (not going to make necklaces this time, just pins and screwback things to go on hats)

that's pretty rad!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1986 on: November 20, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »
Damn those are ill, Steveburger. Thanks for bumping mine again too. I'm pretty sure i figured out a way to rivet some pin backs onto broken deck pieces if anyone ever wants to paint a small piece of a deck and send it to me to have their own custom deck pin or pendant or whatever else we can think of i get my materials on the cheap so it shouldn't cost us anything.

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #1987 on: November 20, 2014, 04:16:11 PM »

drawing is fun, oil can be quite a hassle but so can be every damn thing you like 2 doo.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1988 on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »
Damn that last painting is really tight. Reminds me of Rafael or Michelangelo.

Leyzee Emcea

• Rep: -8
  • Achilles Tendonion Rings Jr
« Reply #1989 on: November 20, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
Damn that last painting is really tight. Reminds me of Rafael or Michelangelo.

Its a study of his painting, good to copy for technique

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1990 on: November 22, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
those oil paintings are awesome! I tend to stay away from oils... it's such a slow process!

here's another for ya, pals.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1991 on: November 22, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
having a showing in about two weeks where I will mainly be displaying painted decks, here's two I just finished and thought you guys might enjoy.

Really digging your work, care to elaborate on the process and paints you use? I have a few use boards that I'd like to put to good use. Thanks!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1992 on: November 25, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Really digging your work, care to elaborate on the process and paints you use? I have a few use boards that I'd like to put to good use. Thanks!

Thanks dude! The process is a little unorthodox considering I use Copic Markers (for the ultra fine black lines) to go with the cheap acrylic paint I get at my local Michaels Arts & Crafts. Other than maybe a few graffiti artists I know, I haven't heard of anyone doing that cause doing so generally fucks up the expensive markers (Copic Markers are fucking expensive) depending on what surface you're using them on other than the intended Bristol paper. If anyone is remotely interested I can post the process photo-by-photo next time.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1993 on: November 26, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks dude! The process is a little unorthodox considering I use Copic Markers (for the ultra fine black lines) to go with the cheap acrylic paint I get at my local Michaels Arts & Crafts. Other than maybe a few graffiti artists I know, I haven't heard of anyone doing that cause doing so generally fucks up the expensive markers (Copic Markers are fucking expensive) depending on what surface you're using them on other than the intended Bristol paper. If anyone is remotely interested I can post the process photo-by-photo next time.

That would be great! I'd like to do this type of stuff with all the boards I have lying around. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1994 on: November 26, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »

straight

« Reply #1995 on: November 26, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
i think this has already been posted but whatevs

Sirens of the lambs

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1996 on: November 29, 2014, 06:59:22 AM »
Hobo Quarters... Hobo coins are like the graff/skateboarding of metal smithing. Stoked to have found out about it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:27:15 AM by Rusty_Berrings »

FriendlyComments

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1997 on: November 29, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »
those oil paintings are awesome! I tend to stay away from oils... it's such a slow process!

here's another for ya, pals.

very cool. I like them colors

FriendlyComments

« Reply #1998 on: November 29, 2014, 05:33:47 PM »

FriendlyComments

« Reply #1999 on: November 29, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »
Doin a series about the grabs that matter  ;)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2000 on: November 29, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »
Those are pretty chill. The outlines make em look like stickers kinda.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2001 on: December 10, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »
some more decks some of you PALS (and any Arizona heads) might enjoy, cheers!

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #2002 on: December 11, 2014, 10:48:35 AM »
Why not...

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2003 on: December 11, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
Some Monet still life i did in painting class! Oil in canvas.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2004 on: December 11, 2014, 11:48:52 PM »

that's so well done, dude! oil painting is such a tedious medium.

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2005 on: December 12, 2014, 05:34:53 AM »
Damn, there's a lot of talent on this board! Awesome!

Here's a couple of my things.

Little bit from my sketchbook.

The Vindicator xerolithography print.

Very quick self portrait.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2006 on: December 12, 2014, 06:24:54 AM »
I'm feelin' it homie

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #2007 on: December 12, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #2008 on: December 13, 2014, 04:59:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that's so well done, dude! oil painting is such a tedious medium.

Yes it is but this was actually quite fast because i didn't let the paint dry that much! It's my first year in painting classes and i'm enjoying a lot!

this one is a gouache work from the past year!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jares

« Reply #2009 on: December 14, 2014, 05:36:28 AM »

Nutty little painting I made awhile back, acrylic on papyrus paper.