Author Topic: the ART thread.  (Read 210317 times)

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 26
  • Philadelphia, PA
Re: the ART thread.
« Reply #2400 on: January 27, 2018, 05:44:47 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:46:25 PM by JamesNtheGntPch »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2401 on: January 29, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »
I'm trying to get into drawing/painting shit but I haven't taken an art class since 7th grade and I have no idea where to start. Any help?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #2402 on: January 29, 2018, 09:27:52 AM »
Just got a piece in the mail today from Paul otvos. Stoked to get it up on the boardwall

shark tits

« Reply #2403 on: January 29, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »
I'm trying to get into drawing/painting shit but I haven't taken an art class since 7th grade and I have no idea where to start. Any help?
i'm not great by any means but just like skating, you do it and watch yourself improve. maybe steverburger or someone good will disagree but i feel like ya gain skill by practice.
i also think people have varying degrees of natural aptitude.
rodney mullen's neighbor was a fat kid who sucked at basketball and rodney's dad, a rich dentist used to chide rodney. 'you playing on that wood thing. you're as bad as bobby bitch tits next door, never gonna be in the NBA'.
so what i'm trying to tell you is some people will never get good at it while others just need a mean dad to push them.
btw, the fat kid didn't know, didn't care that he sucked. participation was everything for him.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
« Reply #2404 on: January 29, 2018, 03:24:46 PM »
On the nose, dude.

The fact that you want to do it is already more than half the battle. There's tons of videos online that'll help you if you're too timid to go to a class and such. Or if you're really interested in classes I suggest going to your local art store, they always have a series of classes going.

Personally, I never dug the whole class thing, I just kinda went along on my own and progressed over time. It's just like skateboarding, honestly. And as cliché as it may sound, have fun with it or else it'll just feel like homework.

What mediums are you particularly interested in?

On an unrelated note: If any PALS are ever interested in artwork I'm always open for new commissions. Slightly embarrassed putting this out on here but art is a secondary source of income for me and I figured it couldn't hurt. PM me if interested, talk pricings and such. Thanks dudes!

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #2405 on: January 29, 2018, 03:46:22 PM »
steve, your art rules .. it’s unique and easily identifiable as yours which i think/ hope is a compliment ..

i dont have natural artistic abilities but do have a passion for it, learning about it and dabbling with different types of arts and crafts

this weekend a made a “replica” for lack of a better word cuz it’s terrible of a basquiat painting..may post later if i muster of the courage ..

so planman, even though it’s probably frowned upon by real artists, id say try finding an artist you like and try to do a copy of a piece that you like . youtube can teach you techniques based on a particular artist

tldr: ^ possible bad advice on how to art

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2406 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:10 PM »
That's one of the best compliments an artist can receive, thanks man. I truly appreciate that. Post what you made over the weekend, dude!

planman, what straight said also applies. Don't be afraid to replicate something for starters, especially by an artist you're into. It serves as good practice and it'll teach you certain techniques.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2407 on: January 29, 2018, 05:11:05 PM »
On the nose, dude.

The fact that you want to do it is already more than half the battle. There's tons of videos online that'll help you if you're too timid to go to a class and such. Or if you're really interested in classes I suggest going to your local art store, they always have a series of classes going.

Personally, I never dug the whole class thing, I just kinda went along on my own and progressed over time. It's just like skateboarding, honestly. And as cliché as it may sound, have fun with it or else it'll just feel like homework.

On an unrelated note: If any PALS are ever interested in artwork I'm always open for new commissions. Slightly embarrassed putting this out on here but art is a secondary source of income for me and I figured it couldn't hurt. PM me if interested, talk pricings and such. Thanks dudes!

I just bought a new house a few months back and I'm working slowly on my "skate wall".

I have to paint it first, but I'm slowly adding pieces for it.

I'd be down to get a piece done from you for my wall. Your art is fuckin sick IMO.

I'm looking for pieces mainly in a2 size if your down?

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2408 on: January 29, 2018, 10:54:36 PM »
On the nose, dude.

I just bought a new house a few months back and I'm working slowly on my "skate wall".

I'd be down to get a piece done from you for my wall. Your art is fuckin sick IMO.

PM'd!

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2409 on: January 30, 2018, 06:24:54 AM »
Thanks guys, good to know I was basically in the right mindset then. I just wanna stick with sketching/drawing for now and eventually move onto painting. I'm a huge fan of impressionism.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

Andrew

• Rep: 93
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #2410 on: February 01, 2018, 10:59:53 PM »
past few pages in here are really rad

ive been doin some collagestuff

The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #2411 on: February 02, 2018, 12:25:43 AM »
Great stuff guys!!! Keep 'em comming...I just doodled this shit to put on my deck,still work in progress

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2412 on: February 02, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »
On the nose, dude.

PM'd!

I'll hit ya up on insta. So many great looking pieces! Your Killin it!

Lobo and Andrew that's some sick work!!! I dig it!

Anton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Blog
« Reply #2413 on: February 03, 2018, 04:48:19 AM »

Two of my recent flash that I made...
You can check out my instagram for more work if you want to: www.instagram.com/anton_gbgclassictattooing
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:51:19 AM by Anton »

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -322
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #2414 on: February 03, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »
Art is dumb

Lobo

• Skate and die !
« Reply #2415 on: February 04, 2018, 12:58:09 AM »
Art is dumb
Your slut mom was dumb for not using birth control pills,now piss off from here!

the goat cheese of Mendes

« Reply #2416 on: February 04, 2018, 12:17:53 PM »

Two of my recent flash that I made...
You can check out my instagram for more work if you want to: www.instagram.com/anton_gbgclassictattooing

Ahh, I knew the style of your back tattoo made me think of Cezilia's work. I understand why now. Sick piece, btw.
Your flashes look great! Cool stuffs on your insta, too. Really like the last one with the bat(?)

And while I'm here, some stuff I did

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:20:05 PM by the goat cheese of Mendes »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2417 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
wish there was a craft thread cuz i can’t art .. dill’s 9 club inspired me to make a homemade postcard to send to my sister in nyc .. collage made up of a basquiat dissection, pyramid country’s exeter dvd insert, a sticker of a gnarwal  and a photo of me and my sister dressed up for halloween circa mid 90’s

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2418 on: February 08, 2018, 06:29:58 AM »
Saw that in the other thread, so sick dude.
Karma won't let me gnar you twice in one day so someone do it for me.

Lobo

• Skate and die !
« Reply #2419 on: February 08, 2018, 11:54:09 AM »
Some great artists in the house!! keep 'em coming guys,awesome work!!

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 55
    • Brujaria Skateboards
« Reply #2420 on: February 09, 2018, 10:22:21 AM »
Dunno if its art, but I cast a bunch of skulls in concrete.

The idea is as the candle burns, they cry wax

Looks pretty rad at night

My neighbors think Im a little weird.

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #2421 on: February 09, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »
Of course it's art! Fair play dude, cool idea.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2422 on: February 09, 2018, 02:18:21 PM »
Of course it's art! Fair play dude, cool idea.

+1

From a showing a last weekend,

the goat cheese of Mendes

« Reply #2423 on: February 10, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »
Those concrete skull are awesome, El Chupacabra! The crying wax detail is really cool.
it reminds me of a raw version of the ceramic skulls Funeral French did recently

behavioralguide

• Rep: 98
  • dog stuff
« Reply #2424 on: March 04, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »
I've been painting what I concider to be landscapes viewed from the side window of a car. What you picture when I say that is probably better than what it is. I get full of steam. Paint is expensive. I justify it like a drug binge. I can do thirty bucks of Cadmium Red today. Its not like I'm gonna do it every day.

behavioralguide

• dog stuff
« Reply #2425 on: March 05, 2018, 05:00:39 AM »
ive also been doing some sketches

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 24
« Reply #2426 on: March 05, 2018, 04:45:07 PM »
I've been painting what I concider to be landscapes viewed from the side window of a car. What you picture when I say that is probably better than what it is. I get full of steam. Paint is expensive. I justify it like a drug binge. I can do thirty bucks of Cadmium Red today. Its not like I'm gonna do it every day.
Cadmium is expensive shit. I have to drop like 120$ for a lb of cad red/orange/yellow in glass. Also all the major distributors got popped for high levelsof cadmium in their soil so all the new shit is really diluted and milky.

behavioralguide

• dog stuff
« Reply #2427 on: March 06, 2018, 10:41:28 AM »

two new charcoal sketches
Think I like the tram one best, both faces feel 'flat' or dead-ish. Drawing that last one made me feel like some guy on the corner doing portraits for 5,-, whispering like a street- dealer.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:43:25 AM by behavioralguide »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2428 on: March 07, 2018, 08:01:33 AM »
idk what the fuck im doing but havin fun i guess
—-> pointers appreciated please
portrait of my toddler with oil and acrylic on wood

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:43:10 PM by straight »

behavioralguide