Author Topic: Washington and Oregon Parks  (Read 2986 times)

Get fired up

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
Washington and Oregon Parks
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:28:38 PM »
Going on a Road Trip through Washington and Oregon.
What are some of the best parks and why?
I'm down to skate pretty much anything,
Parks with street and smaller tranny,
5ft and under, are my favorite.
Also down to hit up some street spots.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:32:07 PM by Get fired up »

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Washington and Oregon Parks
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »
Check out Ed Benedict in Portland.

coneklr

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:43:25 AM »
Since moving here ( between Seattle and Tacoma ) from the east coast ( Vermont ) a few years back, the one thing I will say is that there are concrete parks everywhere and new ones seem to always be being built.  If you will be in this area at all, I can make a couple recommendations but knowing your planned route or at least the north west portion of WA if you will be there would be greatly helpful in making suggestions

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:00:20 AM »
Since moving here ( between Seattle and Tacoma ) from the east coast ( Vermont ) a few years back, the one thing I will say is that there are concrete parks everywhere and new ones seem to always be being built.  If you will be in this area at all, I can make a couple recommendations but knowing your planned route or at least the north west portion of WA if you will be there would be greatly helpful in making suggestions

Our tentive plan for right now.  Is to leave from Vancouver and head south.  I5 through Seattle then head to the Coast around Astoria, cruise the coast through Seaside and Lincon city down to the bottom of Oregon.    Then we will probably take the I5 back up,  I want to hit Eugene.  We plan to stay in Portland for a bit,   The cruise back up sticking close I5 from there.

JAesop

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 02:41:33 PM »
Battleground and Ed Benedict.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:06 AM »
http://www.tactics.com/nwjam/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2014/04/park-overview.jpg

Go to the Eugene park! This park is insane and has so much to skate, you might recognize it from Pedros' line in Propeller. But tons of mini and different sized bowls and weird stuff to skate, along with a really fun little street section. It's also well lit at night so you can go and have the park mostly to yourself. There's a ton of crazy weird locals around and homeless people which also always keeps it interesting. Also hit Sizzle pie (tons of skate memorabilia all over the walls) and Voodoo Doughnuts downtown Eugene or in Portland (downtown Eugene is a pretty beautiful little spot). Eugene also has that super famous rail spot that is two 10 stairs in a row under a roof, every pro ever has skated it, you know the one. Portland also has a few skate spot Instagram pages that show some street spots if you're looking. @pdxskatespots
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 11:04:55 AM by Sold Out »

OnSlapAtWork

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 04:04:20 PM »
Judkins in Seattle is my favorite WA park.
Windells in Oregon is one of the top 3 skate parks I've ever been too.
Battle grounds is pretty sick as someone mentioned.