Author Topic: FUCK Nike SB and Transworld  (Read 8227 times)

D.O.T. DIY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
FUCK Nike SB and Transworld
« on: July 24, 2017, 02:52:21 AM »
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/green-lakes-illicit-skateboard-bowl-to-be-scrapped-and-an-attorney-offers-to-represent-skaters-who-built-it

Nike is so core eh? Throw a DIY contest and disqualify one of the finalists because they built it "illegally", which I always though DIY spots weren't ever really legal in the first place until after it's built.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
Re: FUCK Nike SB and Transworld
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:45:38 AM »
While on the topic of FUCK NIKE a well known aus skater just got kicked off the team for going to college

thomas kook

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 04:54:55 AM »
while on the topic of FUCK NIKE which is the most boring and beat to death topic ever: did you guys see rowan zorilla got injured again? i feel bad for him

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:32 AM »
while on the topic of FUCK NIKE which is the most boring and beat to death topic ever: did you guys see rowan zorilla got injured again? i feel bad for him
what????:o any details?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 08:00:11 AM »
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/green-lakes-illicit-skateboard-bowl-to-be-scrapped-and-an-attorney-offers-to-represent-skaters-who-built-it

Nike is so core eh? Throw a DIY contest and disqualify one of the finalists because they built it "illegally", which I always though DIY spots weren't ever really legal in the first place until after it's built.

yeah, fuck Nike, who gave countless people money to build DIY spots, because one group of people chose to build theirs on a bird sanctuary. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
No protected status

Man made lake

Parks department uncertain if laws were broken

No response from Police

=

FAKE NEWS

Maybe the skaters can pin it on the homeless so no one gives a fuck and turns a blind eye

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »
This is the first time I've ever read anyone saying anything like "FUCK Nike SB" on SLAP.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 09:32:16 AM »
No protected status

Man made lake

Parks department uncertain if laws were broken

No response from Police

=

FAKE NEWS

Maybe the skaters can pin it on the homeless so no one gives a fuck and turns a blind eye

agreed... lets see some impact statements on how it allegedly "harmed" the environment. ?  also, nothing has cited the violation of any law which would trigger Nike being able to anticipatorily breach their agreement to pay the selected winners. ? 

based on this, Nike could avoid paying just about any DIY constructed within flood zones, watersheds...errrr, any DIY constructed without proper city/county/state permits (i.e. any DIY ever) in fact, looks like skaters should start paying attention to the WOTUS rulings/proposed litigation. ? better get the Army Corps involved before even thinking of building anything with rebar.

this is Nike's Patriot Act... it's only the tip of the iceberg.  next, skaters will start getting "strikes" or pay deductions if they are caught skating anywhere where skating is prohibited.  where's the first place to look for the evidence of said law-breaking?  the video part the skater was paid by Nike to film. 

GET OUT OF THE STREETS!  or your contract may be voided.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:35:11 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Yu Dum

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »
While on the topic of FUCK NIKE a well known aus skater just got kicked off the team for going to college
Please don't tell me it's Josh Pall.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 11:04:12 AM »
if/when nike goes away I'm gonna lose a major piece of shit giving to people

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
nike is wack, shits burning for ever

Zak

• Rep: -19
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 01:02:25 PM »
Free skate lawyer . * with knowledge of boats and maritime law

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 02:11:20 PM »

Why not just say who it is?  ??? Josh Pall?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 02:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why not just say who it is?  ??? Josh Pall?

i'm guessing this decision came from the very top of Nike's SB division

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
I'd say they are talking about mikey Mendoza , that college thing is a rumour  he has been personally spreading

Yu Dum

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2017, 05:31:06 PM »
I'd say they are talking about mikey Mendoza , that college thing is a rumour  he has been personally spreading
Care to elaborate a little more?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 06:12:51 PM »

think this is more of a bird law situation

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
As far as I know Mikey Mendoza got released from Nike SB au . I overheard him personally state that they kicked him off because he wanted to pursue his education . He's a s very academic young man ,  was high school captain (like a valedictorian) , has a skateboarding scholarship from Sydney university , represents the red bull, And dreams of competing in the Olympics  . He's definitely talented but maybe not super marketable .I don't know the exact reasons he was booted , but I'm not convinced it was because he wanted to get an education . He now happily skates for the es Australia distributor.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

think this is more of a bird law situation

This trial may go on a while

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:51:04 PM by UselessAsshole »

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
The real issue sounds like they're giving birds too much of a good thing.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »
As far as I know Mikey Mendoza got released from Nike SB au . I overheard him personally state that they kicked him off because he wanted to pursue his education . He's a s very academic young man ,?  was high school captain (like a valedictorian) , has a skateboarding scholarship from Sydney university , represents the red bull, And dreams of competing in the Olympics?  . He's definitely talented but maybe not super marketable .I don't know the exact reasons he was booted , but I'm not convinced it was because he wanted to get an education . He now happily skates for the es Australia distributor.

you're a liar and an instigator, but thank you for this post, you know the rest of the team are dropouts ya

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »
As far as I know Mikey Mendoza got released from Nike SB au . I overheard him personally state that they kicked him off because he wanted to pursue his education . He's a s very academic young man ,  was high school captain (like a valedictorian) , has a skateboarding scholarship from Sydney university , represents the red bull, And dreams of competing in the Olympics  . He's definitely talented but maybe not super marketable .I don't know the exact reasons he was booted , but I'm not convinced it was because he wanted to get an education . He now happily skates for the es Australia distributor.

It's not Mendoza. Also i wanna add to this thread how fucking ironic it is that I've been kicked out of that university countless times while they  give out scholarships for skateboarding. Is he allowed to skate on campus? Like... what is up with that

Art_Vanderlay

• Rep: 23
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 01:51:04 AM »

It's Shane O'Neill isn't it?... he surely needs a back up plan after his skate career is over.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 09:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's Shane O'Neill isn't it?... he surely needs a back up plan after his skate career is over.

Cmon guys...its Jake Duncombe.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »

Nike takes a giant L on this one. That's the whole point, build, skate and move on.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 02:12:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure he's backed up to the cloud

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »
They kicked Lee Ralph off?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 04:00:32 PM »

wait... I want to hear more about this skateboard scholarship. They are paying his tuition for being a skateboarder?!? This is fucked

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote
As far as I know Mikey Mendoza got released from Nike SB au . I overheard him personally state that they kicked him off because he wanted to pursue his education . He's a s very academic young man ,?  was high school captain (like a valedictorian) , has a skateboarding scholarship from Sydney university , represents the red bull, And dreams of competing in the Olympics?  . He's definitely talented but maybe not super marketable .I don't know the exact reasons he was booted , but I'm not convinced it was because he wanted to get an education . He now happily skates for the es Australia distributor.
[close]

you're a liar and an instigator, but thank you for this post, you know the rest of the team are dropouts ya

After the Sydney Damn Am on the weekend, Mikey Mendoza went around plastering big eS sticker's over all the Nike SB stickers so there's that...

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »
I heard Peter Hewitt got kicked off Nike for trying to pursue a college education
(Cool Trick GIF)