Author Topic: Chester of Linkin Park RIP  (Read 1410 times)

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
Chester of Linkin Park RIP
« on: July 20, 2017, 02:19:32 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/entertainment/chester-bennington-dead/index.html

Wasn't a big fan of them recently, but can't deny that Chester was a big influence on my life growing up.

RIP
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Chester of Linkin Park RIP
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:58:36 PM »
Was never in to them but you could guarantee to know exactly who it was when they came on the radio. Too young to die.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
Was never a fan of them at all... but goddamn mental illness/depression.  My heart goes out to his wife and family.

He was also a huge animal rights spokesperson/advocate so he's a stand up guy in my book.  RIP

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
Was really one of the first musicians i can remember liking from when i was a kid, i read about this this morning and was really bummed out. It's such a shame for how young he was. 

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
This sucks to see.  I didn't care for the band after their first two albums, but I loved them during my middle school/early high school years and will still revisit them time to time.  I've read a few things talking about how Chester was so self-aware and willing to present himself as a person with issues and problems in his lyrics which, now that I'm older, I totally agree with.  And between the band's efforts to help a variety of causes and the fact that every person who has responded to this seems to have a really positive experience with him, it's reassuring to know he did his best to leave the world in a better place than he came into.  It's sad he never was able to find peace in life.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 10:53:28 PM »
i listened to lp in my teens, pretty wild they managed to stay relevant over their long career. i might not have listened to them too often in the past 10 years, but damn such sad news. feels like when robin williams died, losing childhood heroes and influences is heavy. having battled depression myself, i know its not a black and white thing. hearing that chester had a rough childhood, things like that can haunt you forever.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 02:00:24 AM »
I had a rough middle school experience being bullied constantly and just feeling alone overall and I remember that listening to Linkin Park helped me cope with all of that. I knew all of the lyrics to their songs and had a bunch of their CDs. I know it's cliched or whatever, but it was nice to feel that someone else understood what I was going through. After I heard the news today I listened to a few of their songs again and those memories came back to me.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »
I had a rough middle school experience being bullied constantly and just feeling alone overall and I remember that listening to Linkin Park helped me cope with all of that. I knew all of the lyrics to their songs and had a bunch of their CDs. I know it's cliched or whatever, but it was nice to feel that someone else understood what I was going through. After I heard the news today I listened to a few of their songs again and those memories came back to me.
That pretty cool that music can help you through like that.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »
RIP. I hadn't realized how much he went through.

I always associate Linkin Park with 9/11, cause I remember playing the fuck out of their first album, in the period right after that.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
Was a big fan of Linkin Park when they first broke through. They did 2 or 3 amazing albums and then a remix one that was also great

Bummed out by this news but its not a chock. Dude had a dark history and was trying to deal with alot of things from back then and new stuff

RIP dude

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 02:34:47 PM »
I guess mobin couldn't hack it anymore