Author Topic: Project:Session. New skate game coming 2016  (Read 9065 times)

my pregnant head

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
Project:Session. New skate game coming 2016
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:32:46 AM »
Project: Session Go Skate game Teaser 2015

A friend of mine sent this on to me the other day. Very little information around at the minute but needless to say; pretty intriguing.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
Re: Project:Session. New skate game coming 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »
Damn that looked just like ea skate so that's a good start. I found this

"Hi Everyone,

We are creā-ture Studios, a small video game studio of 5 developers and supported by a couple of external friends contributors. Some with more than 10 years of experience in AAA some other fresh from school, but all tied with the same passion, making as awesome as possible and as fun as we can! We are located in Montreal,CA. (I wish CA was for California...nope! Canada, cold canada :P) and we are also currently working **** hard on our first project code named Project:Session made in Unreal 4.

This project is all about creativity, freedom of expression with a touch of that 2000s golden era of the skateboarding films.

Our goal is simple: Bring you a new natural experience. You liked EA Skate? Then we want you to want Project:session injected into your veins!

So today, we are really happy to show you our first official Teaser, released for the Go Skateboarding day happening internationally on June 21 for all the skaters/gamers out there!

This video as been made with some in-game content and on purpose of reaching skate fans and gamers out there to get feedback about everything we can show you without spoiling the fun before our kickstarter campaign in mid/end of august.

Please, enjoy and leave us some comments/questions so we can make that thing the best sh*t out there!
Hope you like.

-mAh

https://youtu.be/KKVtcg5uB94

if you feel like seeing more, please join us on facebook/actionofcreate or twitter @
and keep an eye on our WIP website www.crea-turestudios.com"
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?73654-crea-ture-Studios-first-Game-Project-Session-(Skate-game)
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 10:55:22 AM »
Further info:

http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=17034

Interesting twist on Skate contols: 

saunders420: IN terms of controlling the board, How exactly does the 2 Thumbsticks work?

crea-turestudios:

How thumbstick works this is fairly simple, tricking in P:S requires you to sequence your move. Example: Ollie. You will first start by pushing the right thumbstick to the right as you release it (the same as when you are really skating) you will have to flick the left thumbstick to the left and release in air.

Cerebus_:   So, a Kickflip would move the right stick right and then left stick left and to the side?

Stokenstein:   Flick the right stick right, then the left stick left as you're popping with the right, just like you would do with your feet in real life. If that makes sense. This is regular footed I'm assuming.

crea-turestudios:   

Yes you use both sticks for every tricks. If you skate regular, imagine turning the remote on the side, this represent your skateboard. After this, pushing the right thumbtick to the right represents crankin for a trick, releasing it at the same time you push the left thumbtack left is like sliding your foot on the grip to make a ollie.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:14:33 AM »
That rundown of the controls sounds a little convoluted but I'd imagine it's simpler in practice than it is to explain. I'm interested to see how turning while pushing and in the air is going to work since it sounds like you're using a stick for each foot.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 11:40:44 AM »
The biggest thing Skate needed was multiple animations for the same trick.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
The biggest thing Skate needed was multiple animations for the same trick.

and more specific animations for flip tricks with a rotation instead of taking something like the fs shove animation and just rotating it for a FS big spin.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »
i was kind of skeptical of this whole thing but i saw in the interview Stokenstein is involved. If I'm not mistaken he worked on the ea skate series at some point

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »
I would be very surprised to see this make it to market. Or much further than it currently is. It seems like a labor of love, which is awesome, but love doesn't pay bills and keep projects moving. It's only 5 guys, and that's just not enough manpower (or man hours) to get something of this scale completed without big investors or a fully formed studio picking it up. Especially if it isn't well funded which, to be realistic, probably won't happen via kickstarter. It's unfortunate because I would love to play this, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm sure we'll get another skateboarding game but I don't think this will be it.

And Berky you are mistaken. He wasn't involved with development at EA.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »
I would be very surprised to see this make it to market. Or much further than it currently is. It seems like a labor of love, which is awesome, but love doesn't pay bills and keep projects moving. It's only 5 guys, and that's just not enough manpower (or man hours) to get something of this scale completed without big investors or a fully formed studio picking it up. Especially if it isn't well funded which, to be realistic, probably won't happen via kickstarter. It's unfortunate because I would love to play this, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm sure we'll get another skateboarding game but I don't think this will be it.

The video look like to me like an intro to get some investors.  If I was P-rod, Chris Cole, or Rob Dyrdek I'd be kinda interested in investing as it does kind of sound appealing to have your own video game. im also sure these folks are just being cautious not to over promise all us EA skate fans with a suitable replacement for Skate 4.  In all honesty I think they are probably tired of hearing people say "wheres Skate 4" for the last 4-5yrs

shit_for_brains

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 10:04:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The video look like to me like an intro to get some investors.  If I was P-rod, Chris Cole, or Rob Dyrdek I'd be kinda interested in investing as it does kind of sound appealing to have your own video game. im also sure these folks are just being cautious not to over promise all us EA skate fans with a suitable replacement for Skate 4.  In all honesty I think they are probably tired of hearing people say "wheres Skate 4" for the last 4-5yrs

It looks to me like a test to see how skateboarding physics would look in the Unreal engine. It was a successful test so let the marketing begin.

P-Rod, Chris Cole, and Dyrdek have agents and managers and financial advisors that would point them in the other direction. They would not go out of pocket for something as risky as a game that may or may not be made and distributed.

I know a bit about the behind the scenes on the EA series and trust me when I say the skaters made a pittance compared to what EA made. For instance Alex Olson was contemplating being in skate 3 or whatever shitty Tony Hawk came out around the same time. He went with the Tony Hawk game because it was an actual paycheck.

A chunk of the money for the skate series' development came from the sponsors whose product was featured in the game. Remember how Adidas had their own store in the original? Those companies would likely not invest in a game like Project:Session. There's not much of an incentive for them. I hate to say it but kickstarter is probably their best shot at fund raising, and that rarely works out.

I just don't see how it would be feasible on a scale to make it worthwhile. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong though.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 12:16:32 AM »
So I couldn't find much about it but I'm assuming the EA Skate series was built on an engine they made. If EA did build their own engine for skate then that's what would take way more man power compared to Project:Session using Unreal. In one of my school projects, we built something in 3d building our own engine and just to get objects to render properly took so many hours of coding and a shit load of math to understand how things work in a 3d space. Going right into the Unreal engine could help save a lot of time but I'm not sure how well the it could work (THPS5 uses Unreal Engine and look at that piece of shit) and I don't know if they could ever get the physics (especially grinding) down to how skate did.

In ways I totally think it's possible but I'm more worried about the Unreal engine being able to do everything correctly. If only EA could just license out the Skate engine and let some dudes come out with new shit, that'd solve everything.

EDIT:

Here's an example of a rollerblading game that's still in pre-alpha but the footage is pretty impressive and it was all done by one person It's in the Unity engine though but still it shows how much less people you need when you can just use a pre-built engine.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onaroll/on-a-roll
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 12:21:45 AM by poopnutsupreme »
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 05:53:42 PM »
That Q&A wasn't really that promising to be honest.. Guess I have to wait for their kickstarter to actually get more gameplay videos and stuff before I can make up my mind.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
So I couldn't find much about it but I'm assuming the EA Skate series was built on an engine they made. If EA did build their own engine for skate then that's what would take way more man power compared to Project:Session using Unreal. In one of my school projects, we built something in 3d building our own engine and just to get objects to render properly took so many hours of coding and a shit load of math to understand how things work in a 3d space. Going right into the Unreal engine could help save a lot of time but I'm not sure how well the it could work (THPS5 uses Unreal Engine and look at that piece of shit) and I don't know if they could ever get the physics (especially grinding) down to how skate did.

In ways I totally think it's possible but I'm more worried about the Unreal engine being able to do everything correctly. If only EA could just license out the Skate engine and let some dudes come out with new shit, that'd solve everything.

EDIT:

Here's an example of a rollerblading game that's still in pre-alpha but the footage is pretty impressive and it was all done by one person It's in the Unity engine though but still it shows how much less people you need when you can just use a pre-built engine.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onaroll/on-a-roll

Great read here if you have the time:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/132215/new_tricks_scott_blackwood_talks_.php

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »
So this might actually happen, which would be great. I stumbled across the subreddit earlier ( reddit.com/r/projectsession ) and it's pretty small but the devs have been providing updates. Supposedly they are going to launch a kickstarter on the 22nd, and up until then are going to release some teaser videos about the controls and such.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 07:38:40 PM »
BUMP since people are posting in the other skate thread waiting for for Skate 3 to come on xbox one

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiKhx_2qjaM

Looks pretty good

shit_for_brains

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 06:38:21 AM »
So maybe in 2036

• Rep: 99
  • Fully Flared! coming November 16th 2007
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 08:00:53 AM »
A demo was released today for PC on their website, idk the minimum requirements but you need a wired xbox controller to play it. I've been playing it for the last 3 hours and I still can't do any clean grinds but it's really fun to play once you learn how to properly cruise around the park. I'm probably gonna drop $60 for their kickstarter on the 21st, I haven't been this excited for a video game in like 10 years.