Author Topic: Nba Live or Nba 2k?  (Read 9017 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Nba Live or Nba 2k?
« on: August 19, 2017, 09:33:35 AM »
I always bought 2k but Live is looking pretty good this year. The Live demo is actually pretty fun and I been getting annoyed with 2k when it comes to My team because its basically pay to win in that mode.

What other peoples thoughts this year when it comes to these two games?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
Re: Nba Live or Nba 2k?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:11:06 AM »
live animations are still just as stiff as they were before that nba elite debacle.

that's always been the reason i preferred 2k over live. basketball is a game of fluidity and 2k is just more fluid and transitions between animations more fluidly than live.

live is getting better tho and i welcome competition in the basketball video game world because it makes both up their game (main problem madden is having), but it's still not up to 2k's level imo.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »
live animations are still just as stiff as they were before that nba elite debacle.

that's always been the reason i preferred 2k over live. basketball is a game of fluidity and 2k is just more fluid and transitions between animations more fluidly than live.

live is getting better tho and i welcome competition in the basketball video game world because it makes both up their game (main problem madden is having), but it's still not up to 2k's level imo.

I agree with the players still being stiff on Live. Live's demo with the my career is really fun and the players don't seem too stiff in that mode but if you do the play now mode on the demo it kind of looks like shit. I'll probably end up buying 2k like I always do but I can see myself buying Live instead of 2k in the near future

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 09:02:19 PM »
Downloaded the live demo and I am not a fan, definitely doesn't flow better than 2k does. More cartoony and animated feeling for me.

I am biased, been playing 2k since 2010. Already reserved 2k18 legend edition as I like to collect 2k special covers.

Definitely excited to play prelude again. Wonder if the characters in my player with have archetypes again. In 2k17 I am a 6'6 sharpshooter.

In 2k18 I want to be a 6'4 PG playmaker or shot creator.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 02:51:02 AM »
I was a 6-4 playmaking PG based on John Wall this year. Averaged a triple double while leading the lead in scoring (couldn't shoot for shit tho) but got cheated out of DPOY. lead the league in steals while being top 10 in blocks while leading the league in lowest opponent fg% against. lost to Rudy fucking Gobert only because he had more blocks.

Might switch it up and try a 6-9 shot creator or sharp shooter sf based on Paul George this year because I always play as a pg.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:54:46 AM by Big Skatefase »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 11:05:57 PM »
I was a 6-4 playmaking PG based on John Wall this year. Averaged a triple double while leading the lead in scoring (couldn't shoot for shit tho) but got cheated out of DPOY. lead the league in steals while being top 10 in blocks while leading the league in lowest opponent fg% against. lost to Rudy fucking Gobert only because he had more blocks.

Might switch it up and try a 6-9 shot creator or sharp shooter sf based on Paul George this year because I always play as a pg.

I hope there's not a shit-ton of stretch bigs in 2k18 pro-am like it is in 2017. Seems like when I hope online on pro-am, the other team has like 1-2 stretch bigs.

The good thing is the team you're on gets a majority of rebounds since they're never in the key, but on the offense side, they drain threes. Even worse if their badge is on. Almost seems unstoppable.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
2k all day

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 06:45:52 AM »
NBA Jam
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 12:49:06 AM »
Made my player on Prelude in 2K.

I'm a 6'1 PG. Main skill is shot creator, secondary skill is 3 pt shooting.

Was going to make a pass-first PG and lockdown defender. But the scoring levels were so low.

After playing the proving ground, I could definitely score easier, even make some contested shots. Hopefully, the AI and other players will catch my passes and have a high IQ.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »
I make my guy the same weight and height as me which is 6'2 and around 230 pounds, hes a point guard.

My skills were driving and finishing as the first and 3 point as the second.

I liked how the prelude was short this year. Last year was pretty annoying with the 5 college games.

How do you feel about the no draft though? I kind of like it, you just get to pick your team and I pick the sixers and will pick the sixers when the actual game drops 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 08:29:38 PM »
I make my guy the same weight and height as me which is 6'2 and around 230 pounds, hes a point guard.

I liked how the prelude was short this year. Last year was pretty annoying with the 5 college games.

How do you feel about the no draft though? I kind of like it, you just get to pick your team and I pick the sixers and will pick the sixers when the actual game drops 

I don't really care about the draft, straight to the game is better.

Also, when you pick a team. Did you play against them in that scrimmage game? I picked the Warriors. I first played with the 2nd team then the starters.

I would guess the same process if you picked the Celtics, 76ers, Cavs, etc... You play against your "favorite" team instead of a random team that you didn't pick.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 02:15:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Also, when you pick a team. Did you play against them in that scrimmage game? I picked the Warriors. I first played with the 2nd team then the starters.

I would guess the same process if you picked the Celtics, 76ers, Cavs, etc... You play against your "favorite" team instead of a random team that you didn't pick.

yeah whatever team you pick, that's the team you try out for

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

yeah whatever team you pick, that's the team you try out for

Cool. I was going to make a new character but I should be good. I'll just max out my passing and defending more than shooting at first.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 06:58:52 AM »
2k really fucked up this year. Instead of it just having it pay to win, its now basically pay to play.

You have to spend VC for haircuts

They don't give you a bonus if you play on a harder difficulty than pro. It used to be x1.3 if you played on all star, x1.5 if you played on superstar, and x2 if you played on hall of fame. Why even have those options now?

You get way less VC in games. Last year you would get 9 VC for making three pointer and 6 VC for making a two. Now its less than half that.

Your endorsements are pretty cheap this year, even when you negotiate and do "best and final" offer

This shit really bugs me because I'm not a 12 year old with my parent's credit card and can just buy all the VC I want. 2k is really being unfaithful to its customers 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:17:52 PM by tobey »

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 08:29:27 AM »
2k really fucked up this year. Instead of it just having it pay to win, its now basically pay to play.

They don't give you a bonus if you play on a harder difficulty than pro. It used to be x1.3 if you played on all star, x1.5 if you played on superstar, and x2 if you played on hall of fame. Why even have those options now?

You get way less VC in games. Last year you would get 9 VC for making three pointer and 6 VC for making a two. Now its less than half that.

Your endorsements are pretty cheap this year, even when you negotiate and do "best and final" offer

This shit really bugs me because I'm not a 12 year old with my parent's credit card and can just buy all the VC I want. 2k is really being unfaithful to its customers
so pissed when I saw i needed 220,000 vc to make my player a 88. Probably 70$ or 80$ worth of vc. Everyone in the neighborhood is already 85 or higher with clothes and gear. Blows my mind that you would spend 60$ for the game then another 100$ for vc. I'm just maxing out badges then slowly adding to my attributes. You got ps4 of Xbox?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 08:50:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
so pissed when I saw i needed 220,000 vc to make my player a 88. Probably 70$ or 80$ worth of vc. Everyone in the neighborhood is already 85 or higher with clothes and gear. Blows my mind that you would spend 60$ for the game then another 100$ for vc. I'm just maxing out badges then slowly adding to my attributes. You got ps4 of Xbox?

Xbox

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 08:05:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I grinded my way to 75 so far. About 15 games in the season, but played tons of pro-am and neighborhood. But I am pretty much all stock clothing other than the shoes since I use VC for skills.

Very true. 2k18 is about "road to 99". But they actually mean "Road to $99" so you can be 85+.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:03 PM »
microtransactions got me ready to trade this shit in.

i'd rather spend $100 on skate gear than 450,000 VC.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
It's the worst if you ever did Myteam. Basically anyone I got matched up with had an all diamond lineup, no matter what rank I was and assholes would even put Lebron as point guard. Just buy 100,000 VC and open up a box of 20 packs and you were basically guaranteed a diamond player. I opened so many packs but never bought a box because I never had enough VC and only once I got a diamond player.

I had to grind for one diamond player by beating the whole domination mode, which is about 66 games and I could choose one out of the five diamond players they have and even then they were all trash.

Live was only 40 dollars too this year

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »
It's the worst if you ever did Myteam. Basically anyone I got matched up with had an all diamond lineup, no matter what rank I was and assholes would even put Lebron as point guard. Just buy 100,000 VC and open up a box of 20 packs and you were basically guaranteed a diamond player. I opened so many packs but never bought a box because I never had enough VC and only once I got a diamond player.

I had to grind for one diamond player by beating the whole domination mode, which is about 66 games and I could choose one out of the five diamond players they have and even then they were all trash.

2k was on that fuck shit last year.

put in all that work in myteam domination and had to settle for diamond ben wallace because the rest of the options were so trash.

could've at least gave me a diamond t-mac or something.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

2k was on that fuck shit last year.

put in all that work in myteam domination and had to settle for diamond ben wallace because the rest of the options were so trash.

could've at least gave me a diamond t-mac or something.

Yeah I was talking about last years, I chose Tony Parker lol. Haven't touched My team this year yet

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 08:41:24 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDdODl_A_s&t=0s

I agree with everything Smoove said on how the story line is the worst this year. I fucking hate B fresh

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »
It's crazy how they have so much money from shoving ads in our faces and are still cheap when it comes to VC, they are just being greedy now

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwDdODl_A_s&t=0s

I agree with everything Smoove said on how the story line is the worst this year. I fucking hate B fresh

True. But we can't hate on Lil' Tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcmFS5POwLs