Author Topic: Medellin, Colombia  (Read 4218 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Medellin, Colombia
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »
Just booked a ticket and I have 11 days in Colombia. Not sure how much I'll roam around, might just base myself in Medellin for the majority of  it.

Which brings me to my question: Any pals or friends of pals in Colombia? Or if you've been there, any tips/recommendations? Thanks!

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
Re: Medellin, Colombia
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:01:10 PM »
I was there about 7? years ago. Next to the spanish library of medellin, which was up on a hill, there was a tiny little skate bowl. If you find it, it will probably be the best view you ever skated. It looks down on the whole city. I was sipping some crazy sugar cane juice and watched kids play soccer in it.

Colombia is so awesome. Highly recommend the Botero museum, if you like art.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »
I havent been there but maybe our buddy Ryan Garshell and his homies can show you a little bit of the city

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 12:33:20 PM »
I was there about 7 years ago. It is a really good place to skate and meet women with fake breasts and lately also to party with coked out british men. It is best if you speak a little spanish. Some of the spots and skateparks of which there are plenty are a bit sketchy. People do get robbed occasionally. It is best to talk to locals before you go to some of them. The park by the stadium and the bowl ciudad del rio where pretty safe and relaxed when I was there. La Pinuela skatepark was pretty sketchy. El Salado skatepark was super chill. It is in the country side in Envigado.

To find spots and skateparks this website is pretty good:
http://www.skatecol.com/index.php/icons/medellin

The Botero museum is pretty cool. I also took the cable car up the hill and had sugar cane juice by that tiny bowl. Definitely worth the trip. The nightlife was really good too. There are alot of young people in the city and there are always differnt parties going on. I would also check out the country side. The coffee region is super beautiful and there are some really cool national parks.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 04:44:48 PM »
I havent been there but maybe our buddy Ryan Garshell and his homies can show you a little bit of the city

Fuck yeah! I'd be stoked to meet up and hang out with them. Will they still be around in October? I rented an apartment in El Poblado and trying to skate as much as I can there. Planning to also check out the coffee region, do a day trip or two, but will be in Medellin most of the time. I'll PM you.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:47:06 PM by sexualhelon »

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 10:49:06 AM »
Bump.

Here now through this next week. Googling myself but curious if anyone has a tip on the best skateshop/plazas to skate? Otherwise I think I'll just pop into a nearby shop to ask what's good.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »
I love Colombia, hope your trip there is as good as mine was. If you head south fom Medellin, check out the town of Salento near the city of Armenia. Armenia has this amazing fast brick boulevard with angled sculptural stuff to skate, and Salento is just a little mountain town where a lot of locals go for vacation, very chill.