Author Topic: Basic ass tricks that piss you off  (Read 151934 times)

HangtenNoseblunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -189
Re: Basic ass tricks that piss you off
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:08 AM »
regular front shuv
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2018, 01:33:17 PM »
bs 180's I want mine to look sick but they look hurting when filmed
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2018, 03:57:10 PM »
regular front shuv
Same here. I stopped trying a long time ago on these. but backside is my bread and butter regs/switch.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »
Expand Quote
regular front shuv
[close]
Same here. I stopped trying a long time ago on these. but backside is my bread and butter regs/switch.

It’s so nice not being the only one.  We should start a front shove support group.  I have sunk so many hours upon hours upon hours upon hours, ad infinititum trying to land that stupid fucking trick. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2018, 06:58:31 PM »
Not the most basic but someone please tell me how the fuck a smith grind works. I would like to do one before i die and I’m already 30.

I can occasionally get into them but then my body weight just pushes the nose down to the ground and then it’s over

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2018, 07:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Ollie. Yup, I said it! Just got back on the board after almost a decade off. I can get up curbs and ledges, and even ollie manual some little pads, but if I'm just rolling around ollieing for fun, it looks like shit right now. Can't wait to clean it up.
[close]

I went through the exact same thing.  Was off the board for about 10 years also, something that I regret everyday.   It was embarrassing at first (and sometimes still is) but it’s been equally fun and frustrating getting all my tricks back.

It’s interesting now that I’m older and have more patience so I am cleaning up lots of old bad habits with tricks and learning brand new ones. 

I remember being shocked that 7.75 is now considered really small and 7.5s are almost nonexistent

Lol I quit for 6 years and learning all that has changed was a trip

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2018, 04:34:27 AM »
Not the most basic but someone please tell me how the fuck a smith grind works. I would like to do one before i die and I’m already 30.

I can occasionally get into them but then my body weight just pushes the nose down to the ground and then it’s over

Can you do 5-0s? They are similar in that all the weight lies on the backfoot. Having your weight evenly distributed will make you push the nose down. Ollieing too high into the grind will also make you stick and push the nose down. For smithgrinds you also have to lean back and push the grind.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2018, 06:55:40 AM »
^ this guy has it. Lean back enough to where if you goof it you'll go into lipslide and push it in front of you, rather than dumping it below you and sticking forward.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2018, 01:09:45 PM »
water fire air and earth fuckin layback grinds how do they work

bestchester

• Rep: 0
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2018, 02:19:16 PM »
bs pop shove. i can do bs shuvs with no pop and front shoves no problem, but bs shove with pop makes no sense to me. i guess i don't really understand how to get a clean pop that will send the board upwards but spin it at the same time. someone please help

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: July 03, 2018, 05:25:24 AM »
I’m the exact opposite.  I just startes being able to land nice front shoves that stay under me.  The only way I can think to describe the motion for bs shoves is to combine the non-popped motion with the pop you’d give an Ollie.  Sort of a 45 degree pop towards your heel side.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2018, 12:10:14 PM »
heelflips, so hard. switch or nollie no problem though.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2018, 12:12:04 PM »
bs pop shove. i can do bs shuvs with no pop and front shoves no problem, but bs shove with pop makes no sense to me. i guess i don't really understand how to get a clean pop that will send the board upwards but spin it at the same time. someone please help

I suspect you learned them not too long ago and are almost clawing the toeside of the tail? I also suspect that the board flips when you try to do a popped one? If that is the case I think your backfoot is in the wrong position. You have to put it in the center of the tail.

bestchester

• Rep: 0
« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2018, 02:42:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I suspect you learned them not too long ago and are almost clawing the toeside of the tail? I also suspect that the board flips when you try to do a popped one? If that is the case I think your backfoot is in the wrong position. You have to put it in the center of the tail.

bingo

going to try this next time i skate, you're a hero

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2018, 02:43:31 PM »
heelflips, so hard. switch or nollie no problem though.

I was trying both last night and felt completely lost  :'(

shit_for_brains

« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2018, 07:44:46 AM »
I cannot switch or nollie heelflip to save my life. I've never really come close and I've been trying frequently for a long time. I'm a natural regular heelflipper with god awful kickflips, and I can do switch (and nollie I'm sorry) varial heels and nollie bs heels but not straight ones at all. Everyone else seems to be able to do them.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2018, 02:26:59 AM »
Primos, too many near death experiences.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2018, 08:41:26 AM »
I cannot switch or nollie heelflip to save my life. I've never really come close and I've been trying frequently for a long time. I'm a natural regular heelflipper with god awful kickflips, and I can do switch (and nollie I'm sorry) varial heels and nollie bs heels but not straight ones at all. Everyone else seems to be able to do them.

probably has to do with your posture before you pop. open posture with shoulders and toes facing the direction you're going (if nollie; facing backwards if switch) equals switch (or nollie) varial heel. for a straight nollie heel, your shoulders should be parallel to the board and your feet perpendicular to its length, with more of them inside the concave than if you were trying it with the extra rotation. although uncommon looking, Mike Carroll's flatground nollie heel in the Chaos section of 411VM Best-Of 5 will give you the right idea (would post a link if my Internet wasn't being dumb right now). if anything, the straight ones have more similarities to frontside nollie heelflips than to backside ones if that makes sense; it's not uncommon to shifty them frontside at first (not unlike nollies with no flip). make sure you actually level that nollie out before you flick, too; nollie varial and backside heels you kick out almost as soon as you pop, nollie heels you don't (otherwise that's when they spring up your ass).

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2018, 08:59:27 AM »
^I'm not good at nollie heel too, but switch heel works if I really bend my knees down, it gives the pop/time needed for it to flip

edit : maybe I should try the same approach for nollie heels, holy fuck ^^
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:46:32 AM by the snake »

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2018, 10:23:49 AM »
Been doing nollie/sw heels for years now, they're still awful, usually bounce off the ground. Nollie/sw inwards are so much easier. I have to skate with a brace so I don't think I can get the proper flick for a straight flip, but the inward version is more of a straight kick out so it works a bit better. Sucks though, would trade those any day for straight nollie/sw heels. Nollie bs/sw fs heels and sw v heels don't work either, cannot create the motion of that type of flip at all no matter how hard I try, you'd think those are easier than the inward motion(sw bs heel, nollie fs heel etc) too :/

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2018, 11:41:16 AM »
I feel like I can sympathize with people with MS whenever I try a Millie or switch heel.  My body just literally will. Not.  Do.   It.

shark tits

« Reply #261 on: July 05, 2018, 11:47:25 AM »
allemande left, an allemande right, come on you fuckin dummy get your right step right,
get off stage goddamn dude ya know! piss me off, fuckin jerk get on my nerves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6ggRByE8g

shit_for_brains

« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

probably has to do with your posture before you pop. open posture with shoulders and toes facing the direction you're going (if nollie; facing backwards if switch) equals switch (or nollie) varial heel. for a straight nollie heel, your shoulders should be parallel to the board and your feet perpendicular to its length, with more of them inside the concave than if you were trying it with the extra rotation. although uncommon looking, Mike Carroll's flatground nollie heel in the Chaos section of 411VM Best-Of 5 will give you the right idea (would post a link if my Internet wasn't being dumb right now). if anything, the straight ones have more similarities to frontside nollie heelflips than to backside ones if that makes sense; it's not uncommon to shifty them frontside at first (not unlike nollies with no flip). make sure you actually level that nollie out before you flick, too; nollie varial and backside heels you kick out almost as soon as you pop, nollie heels you don't (otherwise that's when they spring up your ass).

The more I try to wait on the pop I always end up air balling, and if I do it before it's the most rocketed up-your-ass shit I've ever seen

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2018, 12:31:12 PM »
Just learned sw heel decently in the past couple years, what finally did it for me was kicking my back foot out, it keeps the board straight and prevents it from going rocket. when i pop, my back foot leaves the tail and instead of coming straight up, i kick it out to the side, like on a front shov but without the scoop. It's basically a form if mental compensation that keeps my shoulders square to the board.

Anything big flip is my kryptonite.

shingles

• Rep: -61
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2018, 12:53:35 AM »
Backside Tailslides in Transition. Whenever I try one of them my body overrotates and does a backtail revert. Can't keep em straight
support your local ramp-tramp

HangtenNoseblunt

« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2018, 05:56:11 AM »
for heelflips what helped me was hanging my foot off more for regular and hardly hanging it off at all for nollie

also i find it you angle your back foot kinda like a switchflip when you pop regular heelflip they suck up for your feet better

ChrisFrantz

• Rep: -103
« Reply #266 on: July 12, 2018, 11:48:25 PM »
Nollie flip/heel, switch heel (I know they're not too basic, but I feel like I should have them by now haha)

marty mcfly

« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »
When I was skating today I thought to myself:try some half cab flips...there was no way for me to land one!
the board lands behind me,every time I got
the rotation perfect!
When I tried to stay over the board I did some weird forward flip thing,or the board just flipped half way.
It’s weird,because I’m pretty good at backside flips.
Can someone help me with this problem?

HangtenNoseblunt

« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
wind up more than you would with a backside flip and focus on the fakie flip

Rulla_lauta

« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »
Bs krooked..