Author Topic: Ollie attempts... Part 2 need advice  (Read 1567 times)

Zae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Ollie attempts... Part 2 need advice
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:47:14 AM »
So I've read most of you guys advice on my last post and I've been practicing it's been a little over a week since the first post I made and I think I've improved a lot. But I'm not consistent with them i want to be able to ollie anytime I want with out moving before I really start practicing moving with it. I'm a good rider btw. Please watch the video and tell me what I can do to fix this problem.
 Thank you here is the link to my video.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
Re: Ollie attempts... Part 2 need advice
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »
I'd suggest trying them in motion before perfecting them standing still.

As for your form, there's a noticeable improvement from your last videos. It looks like you're putting too much emphasis on your front foot and losing your placement with the back foot. Try focusing on bringing that back foot up with the board to level them out and get some confidence with hang time in the air.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 10:56:57 AM »
didn't watch but imo scrap the stationary shit, you can do them stationary if you learn them rolling but if you learn them stationary you will have to re-learn them rolling, even slow as shit, the momentum brings a whole other kind of balance that you should learn and once you get over the fear it be way easier too, using the momentum is part of the overall technique

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »
you gotta almost like hold your right foot up and put everything on the back paddle and then jump off of it and you just gotta catch up with it over there

AndimGonnaKillYewNeow

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »
didn't watch but imo scrap the stationary shit, you can do them stationary if you learn them rolling but if you learn them stationary you will have to re-learn them rolling, even slow as shit, the momentum brings a whole other kind of balance that you should learn and once you get over the fear it be way easier too, using the momentum is part of the overall technique

Just start moving and ollie-ing! Those 2 ollies after :20 were ideal if you were moving. you are "popping" real good and just need to learn to ollie in motion, in order to learn the real body motion required to do a proper ollie.

My money would be on the high probability that you will learn a moving ollie quickly, especially since you got ollies of that quality while stationary, BOSS UP and just go out and ollie some sidewalk cracks, or even push off those walls you're 'practicing*' in and just crack a little slow ollie.  Be careful of sliding out and fuckin shit up, I bet mom or that landlord shall be heated if not.

*this is a great time to go out and actually use your skateboard to just ride over shit and have fun with it, making up dumb ass tricks, etc. Chances are, if your skateboarding is "practice" like this, things will get dull/hopeless in times where you aren't progressing as quickly as you hope. 

I remember Mike Vallely responding to someone's letter by saying "i've never 'practiced' skateboarding in my entire life, i just go skate."
I definitely think you need to adopt this principle: take yo ass outside and go skate, while placing heavy emphasis on ollieing as much stuff as you can.

From what I've seen your beginner ollie is awesome, I wish I had it when I started attempting to take it to obstacles, you're ready brethren, go rip!!

Zae

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
I love the feedback so much guys thanks so much