Author Topic: Raw Clips - Rough Cuts  (Read 757 times)

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
Raw Clips - Rough Cuts
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:26:37 AM »
Seems like before our ravenous appetites for internet content, skate edits would combine some of the raw files (bails, hijinx, passer-bys...) with the video worthy tricks.

Now to satisfy the 24 hour skate news cycle we have polished edits and these secondary edits. I have been noticing people on Slap hate on the polished edits then change their tone when it comes to the rough cuts when you can see these new angles or what went into a trick.

Id rather see a little longer edit with a combination of those elements - you know how full lengths used to be. But I am a greedy content consumer too so maybe I should be stoked on two parts from the same team/skater.

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
Re: Raw Clips - Rough Cuts
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:43:17 AM »
I think the whole raw vs edited clips helps extend the cycle a bit. If a web clip is forgotten in three days, a raw edit will keep it in the spotlight another day or two.

Worth mentioning here ETN "face melters", which is an interesting concept, taking raw to the extreme and just live streaming a heavy session.

Also, the way skate footage is documented has been evolving since skateboarding began. Back in the early days, the primary footage was a photo, and the raw would be the video. Now with video as ubiquitous as air we breathe, the lens gets a bit closer