Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179787 times)

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »

Buck Russell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2017, 01:09:10 PM »
(Not to derail this convo from Corey to Nike being crappy). They allowed me to add them to my cart, but is anyone shocked that squeezing as many dollars out of someone who may not even be on their team is right in Nike's wheelhouse? I get a massive corporation not wanting that on their team/associated with their image, but it would be nice if they severed all ties respectively. Rather than keeping the shoes up, modifying the description, and allowing a profit to be turned. It's kinda like breaking up with a girl and then hitting her up everytime you've got a buzz and want to plow.

hey buddy. you think they probably had some shoes made before this incident and need to get rid of them still? just like lakai w/ the mj's. what u propose they do instead?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
From Girl's TM https://www.instagram.com/p/BY3qG1LDNxf/

damn that was a really cool post from Smyth. Props

Pigeon

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2017, 01:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
(Not to derail this convo from Corey to Nike being crappy). They allowed me to add them to my cart, but is anyone shocked that squeezing as many dollars out of someone who may not even be on their team is right in Nike's wheelhouse? I get a massive corporation not wanting that on their team/associated with their image, but it would be nice if they severed all ties respectively. Rather than keeping the shoes up, modifying the description, and allowing a profit to be turned. It's kinda like breaking up with a girl and then hitting her up everytime you've got a buzz and want to plow.
[close]

hey buddy. you think they probably had some shoes made before this incident and need to get rid of them still? just like lakai w/ the mj's. what u propose they do instead?
Give them to all the people on flow.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Give them to all the people on flow.

straight up.

they probably have too much inventory to actually accomplish this?

Everyone is quick to lambaste CK, cool that girl is going to stick by him.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2017, 04:31:01 PM »
I was under the impression they had already taken his name off of his shoe before this all happened. I bought a pair of his shoes recently and they don't have his name on them and they're called blazer low xt or something like that.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 04:35:44 PM »
a few people are posting stuff about ck on instagram. Nice words from a lot of people.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 04:50:37 PM »
I was under the impression they had already taken his name off of his shoe before this all happened. I bought a pair of his shoes recently and they don't have his name on them and they're called blazer low xt or something like that.
Nah, different shoes. Cory's shoe was the All Court.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Daniel

• Rep: 6
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2017, 05:13:50 PM »
Bought and went through 5 pairs of his shoes.
Kinda shitty to see Nike not stand by him but what can you expect.
I'm sure he'll persevere and shine through this tragedy. 
His energy and skating is one of a kind and truly a favorite.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
I think for the most part nike is trying to phase out pro model shoes besides Janoski's and koston's. Gt only has one or two colors per season for his blazer the rest aren't labeled with his name now, same with ishod and the dunks and ck when the blazer with the toe cap came out.

https://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-zoom-all-court-ck-mens-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10437351/pgid-12029037 this cw still has his name in the description

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2017, 05:30:26 PM »
Is slap jumping the gun? He's still on the Nike SB team page and this product description still mentions him https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-zoom-all-court-ck-mens-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10437351/pgid-12029037

Edit: guy above me is on the same shit

AndimGonnaKillYewNeow

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
Are you guys really surprised? He killed a man.. That Nike money would a helped with a defense lawyer

I can't imagine the level of guilt/grief. Killing your friend is almost punishment enough jeez

regardless of the BS, this is Don'tFear[his Mom'sAbilityTobe]The [OlympicLevel]Queefer's new account, block him as usual. That's all.
keep ripping bros.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 06:15:54 PM by AndimGonnaKillYewNeow »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2017, 06:42:56 PM »
Lets me add it to the cart every T

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2017, 08:19:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh shit that's strange. Is there a difference in the two shoes at all? I'm staring at the shoes on my feet and a picture of the all court and they look like the same exact shoe

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

weird... it's almost like nike is a giant corporation completely lacking of empathy and is driven solely by profit completely disregarding the well being of skateboarding and the athletes they sponsor

hmmmmm

Pigeon

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2017, 09:50:46 AM »
He's still on the team, but it's interesting how his name isn't above his photo. Nike is probably waiting on the outcome of his court case, before doing anything.

Regardless, I hope the best for him. Hopefully, he resorts to skateboarding as a coping mechanism, instead of drinking.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2017, 05:44:46 PM »
weird... it's almost like nike is a giant corporation completely lacking of empathy and is driven solely by profit completely disregarding the well being of skateboarding and the athletes they sponsor

hmmmmm
out of character if you ask me

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

coreaf

• Rep: 22
  • sick
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »
Is slap jumping the gun? He's still on the Nike SB team page and this product description still mentions him https://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sb-zoom-all-court-ck-mens-skateboarding-shoe/pid-10437351/pgid-12029037

Interesting that they're now clearance priced. Quite a few sizes left too.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2017, 05:57:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They were all on clearance before this shit went down.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 05:58:07 PM »
He's still on the team, but it's interesting how his name isn't above his photo. Nike is probably waiting on the outcome of his court case, before doing anything.

Regardless, I hope the best for him. Hopefully, he resorts to skateboarding as a coping mechanism, instead of drinking.
https://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/skateboarding/nike-skateboarding-team

On this page? His name is still the same as everyone elses

coreaf

• Rep: 22
  • sick
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They were all on clearance before this shit went down.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2017, 09:28:58 AM »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:45 AM »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »
best of luck to cory. i'd like to think we are better than our worst offenses. 

that being said if i see him partying it up i'm officially done with that dude. 
where is home?

Harry in Your Pocket

• Rep: -20
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hmmmmm

You guys would be the first to harrumph yourselves to death if Nike ever came out and said "We're putting Cory on hiatus until he gets his drinking issues cleared up, sobriety has to be Cory's first priority". The menarche on that thread would be a site to behold. Nike "stifling creativity". Nike locking down skateboarding, you have to "let skaters do their thing".

Watch what happens anytime someone mentions "maybe we as skateboarders shouldn't glorify drugs and alcohol". Then watch all the unoriginal videos of skaters smoking weed or puking alcohol.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

hmmmmm
[close]

You guys would be the first to harrumph yourselves to death if Nike ever came out and said "We're putting Cory on hiatus until he gets his drinking issues cleared up, sobriety has to be Cory's first priority". The menarche on that thread would be a site to behold. Nike "stifling creativity". Nike locking down skateboarding, you have to "let skaters do their thing".

Watch what happens anytime someone mentions "maybe we as skateboarders shouldn't glorify drugs and alcohol". Then watch all the unoriginal videos of skaters smoking weed or puking alcohol.

well duh, if a company came forward and completely disproved the way I think they treat the athletes they sponsor by making a statement like that then yeah of course.

giving you a 3/10 on the composition, context, and sentence structure of this. granted I am tired but this hurt my brain to try and make sense of

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Oh shit that's strange. Is there a difference in the two shoes at all? I'm staring at the shoes on my feet and a picture of the all court and they look like the same exact shoe

similar but not the same.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Love everything about this post.

Then why in the FUCK did you post Jimmy Fallon. That dude is the top flow boarder of comedians.
I would rather:
-Masturbate with hair conditioner to the level again again as when I was a kid until my dick was raw...
-Pursue my ex(es) that are mad wild dirtwhores who caused misery in my life...
-Go through puberty again pretending like I was the shit with frosted tips...
-Thinking that fakie 5050's frontside 180 out was a "good trick" and doing them on everything again...
-Revive kreper trucks and skate it on a revive board...
-Use tools from harbor freight the rest of my life...
-Unblock super perverted otaku and the dude that uses the gim jreco avatar...
-Fully read every Gip argument...
-Give Monty Burns a grain of salt...
-Give up podcasts for 3 days...
-ENDLESS RANTSA FDSADADSAF!~!!!!!

THAN EVER FUCKING THINK THAT FUCKER JIMMY FALLON IS FUNNY AND ACCEPTABLE TO REFERENCE   !

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:36:48 PM by Pabst »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2017, 08:56:09 PM »
Best of luck to what ever happens. I know that it will prob take for ever, from what I have read to get to court and all of that shit.