Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179942 times)

7 year old

Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »
I was saying he probably is a troll, I wasnt saying rep is a good metric to judge people on here by.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2017, 10:07:05 PM »
  Yes in retro spect I can see that, I just got riled up cause my rep is not good and I took it personally and lashed out.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Nic

• Rep: 3
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2018, 07:19:31 AM »
Cory's getting charged with vehicular homicide, vehicular assault, and reckless driving. His court date is Valentine's day at 8:30am. (http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/kennedy-formally-charged-for-role-in-fatal-crash/)

$10 says Cory sleeps in and goes straight to jail.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2018, 07:33:43 AM »
Cory's getting charged with vehicular homicide, vehicular assault, and reckless driving. His court date is Valentine's day at 8:30am. (http://www.vashonbeachcomber.com/news/kennedy-formally-charged-for-role-in-fatal-crash/)

Oof I knew a girl who got hit with vehicular manslaughter and was sentenced to 7 years. Not looking good for Cory.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »
Damn, empty beer cans in the back of the car, that's suspect.  This probably breaches his Nike contract, he will be of sometime soon.  Girl will stick by him at least... or so they say.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:38:39 AM by PincherBug »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2018, 07:49:57 AM »
goddammit

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2018, 08:10:41 AM »
ohh noes..

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2018, 08:16:11 AM »

Fuck off.

shark tits

« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2018, 08:40:43 AM »
Damn, empty beer cans in the back of the car, that's suspect.  This probably breaches his Nike contract, he will be of sometime soon.  Girl will stick by him at least... or so they say.
backseat could be p-stone and the broke foot passenger

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2018, 08:56:17 AM »
This whole situation is shitty.  That evidence does not look good for Cory.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2018, 08:57:52 AM »

It'll probably depend on the sentence. If he's locked up for several years I can't see any sponsor sticking by him. Hopefully he'll get the least amount of time possible. I could see that happening because of his reputation in the community.

Dude's so good he can make easily make a comeback when he gets out. Personally, I think his career is done at this point unless he ends up getting a slap on the wrist and doesn't do any time. Did he delete his Instagram or does he just not have one?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2018, 09:10:46 AM »
If Girl is around in 7 years I'd be surprised. If he walks away from this with no time to serve it'd be gnarly considering there was a death,he has a long road ahead either way.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

doublesteveburger

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »
Fuck dude, this is going down as some of the saddest shit in skateboarding.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2018, 09:47:56 AM »
That is a big bummer, man. Over the limit + cans in the car + an injury + a death =  pretty bad news all around.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
Welp there goes my day.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2018, 10:10:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It'll probably depend on the sentence. If he's locked up for several years I can't see any sponsor sticking by him. Hopefully he'll get the least amount of time possible. I could see that happening because of his reputation in the community.

Dude's so good he can make easily make a comeback when he gets out. Personally, I think his career is done at this point unless he ends up getting a slap on the wrist and doesn't do any time. Did he delete his Instagram or does he just not have one?
Being from the well to do family and all, i see him getting a good lawyer doing 2-3 years and coming back and working for the family business in some capacity, if he returns to skating it will be for himself and not as some type of professional.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2018, 10:51:38 AM »
not a good way to start the morning. Bummer.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a couple days ago i randomly saw a face of preston pop up and it was a real sad post of his girl -

she was 5 minutes away from where it happened and they didn t call her- that s why she couldn t see prestons body... and ending the post with something like- and the driver ist still out and driving... it was a long post and i don t know if i say everything right.
in the end it just made me think corey fucked up. best wishes to everyone involved but it s hard to imagine a happy ending to this story. so sad

Where did you see this post?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

a couple days ago i randomly saw a face of preston pop up and it was a real sad post of his girl -

she was 5 minutes away from where it happened and they didn t call her- that s why she couldn t see prestons body... and ending the post with something like- and the driver ist still out and driving... it was a long post and i don t know if i say everything right.
in the end it just made me think corey fucked up. best wishes to everyone involved but it s hard to imagine a happy ending to this story. so sad
[close]

I believe it was her Instagram. I saw it too. It was "recommended" it to me because Instagram is a sociopath.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
I'm certain this has been said elsewhere, but I think we all should remember that while Kennedy was driving, what other variables are involved? Who else was there? What level of intoxication where they at? Was everyone so hammered that they were unaware that anyone driving would have been costly? And truth be told, no one forced anyone at gunpoint to get in the car with Kennedy who had been drinking and would eventually drive. Everyone involved in this is guilty and it cost a man his life.

NO REALLY, FUCK YOU BOBBY

• Rep: -7
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2018, 11:50:12 AM »
Fucked up.  ^ that's not how the law works.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2018, 11:54:01 AM »
Roughly how much booze is a .10? Such a sad situation!

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2018, 12:39:03 PM »
all really depends on timeframes, that could be 2 beers if he drank them 15 minutes ago, i think law goes with the idea that they didn't catch you right after you had a drink, a period of time has passed and your level has gone down. I'm also sure it's based on an outdated biological definition of what intoxicated is, but everyones bodies are so different it doesnts really mean anything, we all know 2 beers probaly wouldn't have any effect on Cory or Preston. Saying all that, Cory was here for a few days and he seems like he was never only 2 beers deep, he was very fratboy partyish and this includes seeing him pretty early in the day.

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »

2-3 beers in one hour will get someone his size up to that bac. Who knows if it was much higher though earlier and fell to 0.10 over a period of time. It's quite possible to get drunk as shit and go to sleep for 8 hours and head to work with higher than 0.10 bac (0.08 is the limit) for an early mornin' DUI.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I believe it was her Instagram. I saw it too. It was "recommended" it to me because Instagram is a sociopath.

very sad and also, very harsh.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2018, 12:55:41 PM »
Based on that newspaper story and his bac I would say it was more a case of reckless driving and speeding than drunk driving.

Her posts are so incredibly sad.

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:00 PM »
tears for all involved. so sad.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2018, 12:56:33 PM »
Fuck! I can feel her sadness and anger in those posts. Is the other passenger really ducking and dodging the detectives? Damn....
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:00:46 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

bo golden

« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2018, 01:01:10 PM »
i cant blame her for being pissed! 

ungzilla

« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »
her shit is set to private, pretty wack to repost