Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179790 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
her shit is set to private, pretty wack to repost
people are already discussing it in here and also quoting her. they don't want to get her words wrong so i posted what they were talking about after seeing it on explore myself before her profile went private. don't act like you are in this thread/on slap for completely pure reasons, kook.

p.s. i can press that button too bozo i just don't care to  :-\ 

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

urdawg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
Such a fucked situation all around. Drunk driving is never okay but there is something especially tragic about Cory being such a small amount above the legal limit, not that him being at 0.079999 would absolve him or bring Preston back.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 01:24:16 PM by urdawg »

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »
Roughly how much booze is a .10? Such a sad situation!

According to some bac calculation sites it's like slamming 5 beers but not sure how reliable those sites are. What I've always been told is you can drink two beers and then a beer after every two hours to stay below the line (.05 where I live)

i cant blame her for being pissed! 

Me neither, looks like she's fully blaming cory for what happened. ''why not turn the steering wheel?'' sounds weird though, like she's trying to imply it wasn't an accident

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2018, 01:50:49 PM »
Nothing good can come of it. Corey could spend a lifetime in jail and it wouldn't bring the kids' dad back. I hope everyone involved can find peace in this, but it's just such a tragic situation

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »
Fuck! I can feel her sadness and anger in those posts. Is the other passenger really ducking and dodging the detectives? Damn....

i don't think that many skateboarders would cooperate with the law, maybe he just doesn't want cory to go to jail?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

other2

« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2018, 02:29:35 PM »
Jesus christ that is heartbreaking  :-[

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »
I think people should remember Preston was not wearing a seatbelt. Terrible situation but I don't put it all on Cory. In high school this girl I know was riding shotgun without a seatbelt when the girl driving hit a pole, only going like 5-10 mph. It was enough to smash her face through the windshield but too slow to toss her, she fell back in further fucking her face up. It was bad. Several plastic surgeries

Hopefully these charges get reduced. Homicide? Thats heavy and if I understand correctly by law it means you meant to do it. I've only seen vehicular homicide when someone mows over someone purposefully

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:40 PM »
Fucked up.  ^ that's not how the law works.

I'm simply saying that Cory is going to legally pay the price, but we need to remember that this was a poor choice by all involved.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2018, 03:27:43 PM »
Initial charges ain't gonna be reduced. May plea to lesser charges though. Veh homicide happens when your under the influence or driving recklessly. Its different in every state though, you could look up WA laws and find out more, if there's a min. sentance or whatever. Hopefully they give him a good plea, but he still could end up at state. Its all up in the air.

Hopefully these charges get reduced. Homicide? Thats heavy and if I understand correctly by law it means you meant to do it. I've only seen vehicular homicide when someone mows over someone purposefully

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2018, 03:42:29 PM »
Also he could get a set amount of years and then get out early on good behavior.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »
I think people should remember Preston was not wearing a seatbelt. Terrible situation but I don't put it all on Cory. In high school this girl I know was riding shotgun without a seatbelt when the girl driving hit a pole, only going like 5-10 mph. It was enough to smash her face through the windshield but too slow to toss her, she fell back in further fucking her face up. It was bad. Several plastic surgeries

It doesn't mean you meant to do it, it generally means you were involved in a criminal act that caused death. In Cory's case that was driving well above the limit and being legally drunk.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:12:23 PM by DannyDee »

urdawg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Also he could get a set amount of years and then get out early on good behavior.

I'm pulling this out of my ass but I'm pretty sure people rarely serve the full length of their sentences as they're read in court. Cory, being a wealthy white Nike-sponsored athlete, will almost certainly get out early unless he does anything stupid while incarcerated

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2018, 04:14:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck dude, this is going down as some of the saddest shit in skateboarding.
[close]

a couple days ago i randomly saw a face of preston pop up and it was a real sad post of his girl -

she was 5 minutes away from where it happened and they didn t call her- that s why she couldn t see prestons body... and ending the post with something like- and the driver ist still out and driving... it was a long post and i don t know if i say everything right.
in the end it just made me think corey fucked up. best wishes to everyone involved but it s hard to imagine a happy ending to this story. so sad
[close]

Where did you see this post?
[close]

I believe it was her Instagram. I saw it too. It was "recommended" it to me because Instagram is a sociopath.
[close]

very sad and also, very harsh.
kinda ruined the heartfelt post by ending it with "amazeballs"
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

shark tits

« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2018, 04:28:20 PM »
dog the bounty hunter was friends w/ this black guy who sold weed.
dog the bounty hunter is a bad freind and set up the weedman to get robbed.
his robbery friends killed the weedman.
dog got manslaughter, 1-20.
he served 1 and got parole.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2018, 04:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

According to some bac calculation sites it's like slamming 5 beers but not sure how reliable those sites are. What I've always been told is you can drink two beers and then a beer after every two hours to stay below the line (.05 where I live)
I blew a .07 after drinkin 2 beers, and had reefer in my system too according to the blood test but did not smoke reefer that night.

When I received the paper about a month later in the mail telling me my BAC was .07 I was happy at first but did u know any two substances in your system no matter how minute is technically considered a DUI? I didn't and subsequently got a 3 month stay at an OC jail.

Remember goin to court at the same time as  a Power Ranger who killed some couple in a yacht off the ocean , never liked that show anyways...

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I blew a .07 after drinkin 2 beers, and had reefer in my system too according to the blood test but did not smoke reefer that night.

When I received the paper about a month later in the mail telling me my BAC was .07 I was happy at first but did u know any two substances in your system no matter how minute is technically considered a DUI? I didn't and subsequently got a 3 month stay at an OC jail.

Remember goin to court at the same time as  a Power Ranger who killed some couple in a yacht off the ocean , never liked that show anyways...
Who is this?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2018, 06:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Who is this?
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-power-rangers-stabbing-plea-20170316-story.html?outputType=amp

Did you go to OC main or Theo? Both have shitty food haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

JumpManShorty

• Rep: -86
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2018, 06:37:31 PM »
Damn, empty beer cans in the back of the car, that's suspect.  This probably breaches his Nike contract, he will be of sometime soon.  Girl will stick by him at least... or so they say.

I'm sure drink driving or killing someone is breach of contract. Let alone empty beer cans in the back of the car

Stupidity aside, this situation sucks..

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »
Damn... and I thought being in the middle of a career change attempt was stressful.

Hate to say it but I still hear of people getting behind the wheel of motorized vehicles drunk. A couple months ago I saw a highly respected guy drive off from an art show after his friends tried to stop him.

I know it's a bigger world issue, but yea, tragedy happens too fast and too often.

AitchBeeGayBuh

« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2018, 08:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Who is this?
[close]
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-power-rangers-stabbing-plea-20170316-story.html?outputType=amp

Actually, that's a different power ranger, guess that show was cursed...

Been to both Main and Theo Lacy, yeath the food sucks but my favorite was the Farm in Irvine. That shit had horseshoe pits, volleyball, badminton nets, ping pong tables, and pool tables. Won a lot of Top Ramen off that pool table...

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2018, 08:37:48 PM »
Nothing good can come of it. Corey could spend a lifetime in jail and it wouldn't bring the kids' dad back. I hope everyone involved can find peace in this, but it's just such a tragic situation

this.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »
no point in nitpicking how many beers is .10.   Dude was over, someone died, it's gonna be bad.  end of story.
where is home?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2018, 09:02:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Who is this?
[close]

[close]
Actually, that's a different power ranger, guess that show was cursed...

Been to both Main and Theo Lacy, yeath the food sucks but my favorite was the Farm in Irvine. That shit had horseshoe pits, volleyball, badminton nets, ping pong tables, and pool tables. Won a lot of Top Ramen off that pool table...
I heard that about the farm,makes time fly haha.

Power Rangers were fucked if more than one was a murderer.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2018, 09:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You went to jail for drink driving/driving high? That's fucking insane.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

AitchBeeGayBuh

« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2018, 10:27:52 PM »
Don't really know if you're being facetious or not but yeah I did go to jail for 3 months for being under the legal drinking limit and having reefer in my system from the day prior.

Like I said any 2 substances no matter how minute in your system is an automatic DUI in the eyes of the law.

ralf_

• Rep: -32
  • yo
« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2018, 10:43:38 PM »
Fucked up.  ^ that's not how the law works.

fuck the law
fun fun fun

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2018, 12:15:45 AM »
I really really don't know how to feel about this. Kids lost their dad, wife lost her husband, family loses their uncle, son, brother... and the driver loses his friend.

I read that some said ''so it was more reckless driving than being drunk?'' Do you really think that being drunk/intoxicated doesn't influence the other? And that a judge will look at both points separately?
Come on now man... I'll tell you right here, welcome to the real world outside of skateboarding. Where a judge doesn't give a fuck about a nice tre-flip.

It will make it even worse.

It definitely sucks for everyone involved, but the point is that he should have never gotten behind the wheel while he was drunk or even 'slightly intoxicated'... It's the responsibility you take upon you when you get in a car, and especially with passengers.

My sister has studied and graduated in 'laws' and already said that it really doesn't look good for him...

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2018, 12:31:43 AM »
a tragic.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2018, 08:33:46 AM »
All I have to say is shame on Preston's wife for posting that. Be a fucking adult, you don't have to post this shit on social media and especially saying what your kids said is dumb as fuck. Go to counseling or literally just talk to a friend, don't post stupid shit. 

shit_for_brains

« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2018, 08:40:17 AM »
All I have to say is shame on Preston's wife for posting that. Be a fucking adult, you don't have to post this shit on social media and especially saying what your kids said is dumb as fuck. Go to counseling or literally just talk to a friend, don't post stupid shit.

Take your own advice. This is one of the stupider things you've said.