Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179825 times)

billyerlife

Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote
it's a tragedy but you know what would be a million X worse? if this car full of drunk skateboarders careened into oncoming traffic and killed a sober person. w/ or  w/out kids.
i'm not trying to come of as mr morals at all. lots of things are luck of the draw but everyone in that car was rolling dice.
[close]
This, P-Stone got into a car with a drunk driver and didn't put on a seatbelt. I'd be much more inclined to say lock Cory up and throw away the key if he killed some random person who just happened to cross their path.

I'm not going to tell a grieving widow how to act, and we don't know what is happening behind the scene (it seems Cory's lawyers may be stonewalling things, and his friend isn't co-operating). But, it does come across as Cory has no remorce or regret for what happened, which I doubt is the case.

I think she's basically asking why Cory Kennedy turned his car so P-Stone's side ended up being the side of impact on a tree. It sucks, but its not like Cory meant to kill him, in general, as a survival instinct car impacts tend to be on the passanger side in that situation as the driver tries to save themselves out of instinct.

Doubt she gives one fuck how sorry he is, and she doesn't have to. Doubt she gives a fuck about instincts either.

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2018, 08:08:38 PM »
it's all just so sad, my thoughts are with tobey at this time
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »
Tobey on Tracer?

Anyone in her position needs endless compassion and understanding.  Even if maybe she is acting off or not her best, it's a tall order for a human to process such a tragedy in a graceful manner. 

that being said, Corey also needs compassion.  whether it's one year or ten years he is going to outlive the sentence but the death of Pstone is something he will never outlive.  I'm not saying let him off easily, or that it was okay, i'm just saying that there is no amount of years that will suddenly make it okay for anyone involved. 

Best thing Cory can do take the sentence on the nose and put the booze behind him.  I realize some people on here have the attitude of "fuck it, let the man have some beers".   I disagree and think that is something he can leave behind for the better of everyone.
where is home?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2018, 03:32:10 AM »
His wife’s posts seem justified , she doesn’t exactly have a model for how to act in this situation. She just want some sort of justice for her huband. The situation sucks all around . We all know cory didn’t mean it and is likely hurting more than we know but all of their alcohol usage is well documented and it makes it hard to say anyone is wrong or too blame as they likely all had a few and made a bad decision. It doesn’t help Cory has multiple speeding tickets and is a consistently reckless driver. Us arguing over it isn’t gone change the situation. It seems we should just take our time to appreciate what we have still and what Preston gave us. Cory deserves to have some form of punishment but it should be noted that getting in a car with a person who’s been drinking is a personal decisions and accept whatever consequences come with it. Just don’t drink and drive people everyone will be thankful they’re loved ones got home safe and you’ll appreciate getting home too.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shark tits

« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2018, 03:52:41 AM »
it's all just so sad, my thoughts are with tobey at this time
oh man, tobey's my boy but this had me dying.

driller

« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2018, 04:40:00 AM »
I hope cory goes to jail.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2018, 05:06:55 AM »
I hope tobey goes to jail.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2018, 07:12:33 AM »
and this is exactly why the instagram post should have never been uploaded here..

The woman made her account private for a reason, and we should respect that.
^ This

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2018, 08:39:12 AM »
Tobeys right, that shit is kinda fucked up.
But she has every right to feel that way and you really cant/shouldnt judge someone in such a time. Anger is part of the grieving process

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »
Sorry but Tobey isn't remotely right and his post was so devoid of empathy it's appalling. Straight up garbage.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2018, 08:50:52 AM »
It was just corey driving this time. It could have happened any other time since preston was always drinking too. Shit sucks but hey they loved to party this is what they get, it's not like nobody was unaware of the dangers of driving drunk.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2018, 08:57:42 AM »
I think it’s garbage she would post some thing like that on the internet her husband was a party animal just like me. Every time I get in the car with my friends are a long night I know what I’m risking yeah it sucks but hating some one doesn’t bring him back

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2018, 09:05:54 AM »
Damn, tough crowd. Got some really sensitive "party animals" in here.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Fastfreddy

« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »
I think one of the reasons so many people are reacting negatively to P's wife's post is that it's assumed that in skateboarding we tend to let a lot of things slide - what i mean by that is it's easy to sympathize with another skater, especially in a tragic situation because we see ourselves in that person. We also know that Preston and Corey had a good relationship with each other and expect everyone to understand that Preston wouldn't want Corey to suffer.

All bets are off when A. You're not involved in the boy's club B. This is a family member, husband and father to your children.

I think these comments would be looked at in a completely different light had these two people not been associated in skating - if this was a nightly news story and these were the words of a grieving widow.

Hope that makes sense.

Joclo

• Rep: 19
  • Just wiggin out
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »
There are so many places to lay blame here, but if Donald Jason Dill had never invented the automobile this thread would not exist.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »
Tobey, best Corey Fan!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2018, 03:49:23 PM »
I think one of the reasons so many people are reacting negatively to P's wife's post is that it's assumed that in skateboarding we tend to let a lot of things slide - what i mean by that is it's easy to sympathize with another skater, especially in a tragic situation because we see ourselves in that person. We also know that Preston and Corey had a good relationship with each other and expect everyone to understand that Preston wouldn't want Corey to suffer.

All bets are off when A. You're not involved in the boy's club B. This is a family member, husband and father to your children.

I think these comments would be looked at in a completely different light had these two people not been associated in skating - if this was a nightly news story and these were the words of a grieving widow.

Hope that makes sense.
Skating has little to do with how I view it. I had a friend drive insanely recklessly when I was in high school and flip a car while neither him or his front passenger (another good friend) were not wearing seatbelts (he wasn't drunk). The way the car flipped led to  the driver being thrown out of the car and breaking his hip, while it led to the passenger being thrown out of the car and under it, instantly killing him.

The driver faced serious charges, but thankfully, the victims parents immediately forgave him (realizing their own son had also made a stupid mistake) and asked the prosecutors to try to find as light a deal as they could live with. Despite the fact the driver got off with limited criminal charges, it still was an insanely heavy burden to bear. Anywhere he went with people who knew him previously, he felt like they just viewed him as the guy who killed their friend (whether real or imagined). While Cory is the primary person at fault, legally it was 100% his, P-Stone also made reckless decisions that contributed to his death, unless he was completely unaware Cory had been drinking (which is possible, but feels unlikely).

Now, I can understand P-Stone's wife lashing out and she has every reason to. I was just hopeful she could be as forgiving as the people I knew in a similar situation. Maybe she eventually does or  maybe she resents him forever. Either way, Cory's actions have left her with an extremely difficult future, and occasionally lashing out because of that is fine.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2018, 01:42:26 AM »
I think it’s garbage she would post some thing like that on the internet her husband was a party animal just like me. Every time I get in the car with my friends are a long night I know what I’m risking yeah it sucks but hating some one doesn’t bring him back

DONT GET IN THE CAR IF THE DRIVER IS DRUNK YOU STUPID FUCKING ASSHOLE

johnblaze

• Rep: -30
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2018, 01:57:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

DONT GET IN THE CAR IF THE DRIVER IS DRUNK YOU STUPID FUCKING ASSHOLE
free b.g

coneklr

« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2018, 09:04:26 AM »
This went down yesterday right?  I haven't seen any updates ... any of you pal sleuths know how it went?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 09:17:22 AM by sharkin »

coneklr

« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2018, 09:11:55 AM »
Thanks sharkin!

mr.macho

• Rep: -40
  • Holla if ya hear me
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2018, 12:04:24 PM »
Expand Quote
and this is exactly why the instagram post should have never been uploaded here..

The woman made her account private for a reason, and we should respect that.
[close]
^ This

Oh shadddup already.
So many "white knights" riding in to save the day on this one.  ::)
The dude killed someone. Yes it was an accident. An accident that could have been AVOIDED. And THAT is why CK will do time.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
All I have to say is shame on Preston's wife for posting that. Be a fucking adult, you don't have to post this shit on social media and especially saying what your kids said is dumb as fuck. Go to counseling or literally just talk to a friend, don't post stupid shit.
[close]

Don't post on a message board talking shit about a grieving widow kook
[close]

You telling me you didn't see anything wrong with that post?

It's over and done with but if people on here truly can't see how wrong that Instagram post is then you have no morals and saying shit to me isn't going to change that

SHAME THE WIDOW!! SHAME THE WIDOW!! DON'T LET HER GET AWAY WITH THIS

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »
Here we go again...

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

RumpelFoarskin

« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
Tobeys Rep got fucking REKT from this thread, 30 kooks from one comment?

SOTY

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »
Tobeys Rep got fucking REKT from this thread, 30 kooks from one comment?
SLAP is a fickle game.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936

mareo

• Rep: -336
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2018, 04:04:41 AM »
Any update on this?

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2592
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2018, 05:31:34 AM »
Yeah, somethingmustbreaknow isn't a native English speaker, hence the use of an adjective as a noun.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud