Author Topic: Update on Cory Kennedy case?  (Read 179798 times)

coyote2425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Re: Update on Cory Kennedy case?
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2018, 03:15:56 PM »
His shoes probably won't be in production anymore, and his future in skateboarding depends on his trial and jail time. It's a given. Look at Neil Heddings post jail,not everyone can be an Andy Roy situation. Cory can skate very very well,but was involved in a very very tragic event.

Thank god there's only one Andy Roy situation.

I couldn't handle two Andy Roys.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -480
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2018, 04:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
His shoes probably won't be in production anymore, and his future in skateboarding depends on his trial and jail time. It's a given. Look at Neil Heddings post jail,not everyone can be an Andy Roy situation. Cory can skate very very well,but was involved in a very very tragic event.
[close]
What Neil Heddings did or was involved in, is significantly worse than what Cory did. One is a legitimate accident where you accidently killed your friend while driving after partying togeather. Neil Heddings was involved in the death of a child, where he was either too high to notice the girl beating the kid or was involved himself

I think if Cory doesn't do serious time aka prison, not jail, he'll keep his spot on Girl and probably get on Lakai if a big brand doesn't want him (and they still exist).

Also, I don't think Neil Heddings was ever at the status of Cory Kennedy. For example, I think if Ali could still skate, he'd be welcomed back into the skate community. Flip listed him on the team for years after and still gave him a board.

I thought it was Brian patch with the child murder charge or was he the child rapist.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2018, 05:31:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
What Neil Heddings did or was involved in, is significantly worse than what Cory did. One is a legitimate accident where you accidently killed your friend while driving after partying togeather. Neil Heddings was involved in the death of a child, where he was either too high to notice the girl beating the kid or was involved himself

I think if Cory doesn't do serious time aka prison, not jail, he'll keep his spot on Girl and probably get on Lakai if a big brand doesn't want him (and they still exist).

Also, I don't think Neil Heddings was ever at the status of Cory Kennedy. For example, I think if Ali could still skate, he'd be welcomed back into the skate community. Flip listed him on the team for years after and still gave him a board.
[close]
Well...shit. Terrible example, but the first that came up in my head. This situation just sucks. I guess I was just trying say that Cory could come back, and basically start from scratch again or not even care for skating after doing time. Girl would for sure have his back,but like you said..will they still be around?

See, this is what happens when you just let shit fall out of your mouth without actually thinking about things

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2018, 10:01:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Well...shit. Terrible example, but the first that came up in my head. This situation just sucks. I guess I was just trying say that Cory could come back, and basically start from scratch again or not even care for skating after doing time. Girl would for sure have his back,but like you said..will they still be around?
[close]

See, this is what happens when you just let shit fall out of your mouth without actually thinking about things
It's weed and being on Slap that don't mix.

DcLove- Brian Patch was the child rapist,but he's off probation

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Damn, didn’t know that.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2018, 02:09:53 AM »
60 days  :o

Randozzi

« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2018, 02:14:54 AM »
Statutory rape, means a parent pressed the charges and most likely they couldn't get the girl on the stand to testify against him.

ogbawtawd

« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2018, 02:23:24 AM »
Statutory rape is cool with me. I woulda fucked older chicks if I could when I was 15.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2018, 04:45:38 AM »
All my sex is mad lawful.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #339 on: May 23, 2018, 05:10:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn, didn’t know that.

Will ProTec take away his helmet?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2018, 05:56:18 AM »
I never heard about Brian Patch being creepy like that. Grew up seeing him skate all the big ramps around here.
DUI driving and killing you good friend doesn't get you served up in the joint, but having a chomo jacket is a guaranteed trip to the infirmary for sure.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »
 It might take a few years,but Cory will do some time. Hopefully Brian Patch got that pedo out of him,it'd be even creepier for him in his late 40s.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2018, 07:14:04 AM »
I never heard about Brian Patch being creepy like that. Grew up seeing him skate all the big ramps around here.

It's funny, the ONLY Brian Patch anecdote I've ever heard was that when he was in town for the XGames or Gravity Games he was skeezing on underage chicks at Bam's house (and this was before he got busted) and being a creep.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #343 on: May 23, 2018, 08:18:30 AM »
Not sure if this is the right time or the best comparison but this reminds me of Ali Boulala and Shane Cross incident?! just like the situation it was forever unfortunate and Shane and Pstone will be missed. Now that being said those that don't recognize the past are doomed to repeat it. Godspeed to Pstones family and friends, Corey you knew better and you're doing some time in jail.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #344 on: May 23, 2018, 09:02:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's funny, the ONLY Brian Patch anecdote I've ever heard was that when he was in town for the XGames or Gravity Games he was skeezing on underage chicks at Bam's house (and this was before he got busted) and being a creep.

Was he a camp counselor when Woodward first started it's skate camp? I seen to remember him there. Those first few years, Woodward had a very hard time keeping shatter away from the gymnastics girls. Even to the extent of catching pros in girls cabins and doing blow I believe.

And thinking back, he is the only pro I shared with when younger who didn't talk or interact with anyone. But he was always older. Dude must be getting close to 50 now.

lalr1

« Reply #345 on: May 23, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »
#Bittersweet

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnHZ_OoBlwe/

Cory's getting 4 years according to Raven.

:(

Absolutely gutting

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnHZ_OoBlwe/

Cory's getting 4 years according to Raven.

:(

Absolutely gutting
I would guess that he should be able to get probation much earlier than 4 years, given its his first offence, he isn't a violent offender, and potentially has career prospects. Although, I'm not sure how much time of your sentence you have to serve before being eligible for parole in the state of Washington.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #349 on: August 30, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »
Cory of Fourstar on Orange Jumpsuits

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #350 on: August 30, 2018, 02:03:09 PM »
Bummer, but hes very lucky to only get 4 years

Does Washington do that shit where you only serve half the time as long as you dont get in trouble while in prison?
Gentleman ninja warlock

ManMelt

« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2018, 02:19:59 PM »
Nike already started to screw Cory over, long before any of this happened. One could argue that his shoe was responsible for the the rubber toe cap explosion that hit a few years back. After the success of his shoe, literally every shoe brand incorporated a rubber toe cap into one of their models. With the exception of the Salmon Agah’s and a pair of SLB’s in the mid 90’s, Cory’s was the first pro model to feature such a prominent rubber toe cap.

Not long after the success of Cory’s shoe, they added the toe cap to the Blazer low, and started to phase his pro model out. That was a real dick move by Nike if you ask me.

As far as his prison sentence, I’m sure P-Stone wouldn’t have wanted Cory to serve prison time. They were both drinking, Cory was barely intoxicated, and it was an truly an accident. This was nothing like Ryan Dunn’s case, where he was absolutely wasted and speeding over 120 mph. Yet since Dunn died too, nobody mentioned the fact that he killed a guy in a fiery wreck. Cory has to live with the guilt for the rest of his life, which really is punishment enough. Sitting in prison for 4 years doesn’t do anything for anyone.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 02:29:51 PM by ManMelt »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #352 on: August 30, 2018, 02:51:12 PM »
Nike already started to screw Cory over, long before any of this happened. One could argue that his shoe was responsible for the the rubber toe cap explosion that hit a few years back. After the success of his shoe, literally every shoe brand incorporated a rubber toe cap into one of their models. With the exception of the Salmon Agah’s and a pair of SLB’s in the mid 90’s, Cory’s was the first pro model to feature such a prominent rubber toe cap.

Not long after the success of Cory’s shoe, they added the toe cap to the Blazer low, and started to phase his pro model out. That was a real dick move by Nike if you ask me.

As far as his prison sentence, I’m sure P-Stone wouldn’t have wanted Cory to serve prison time. They were both drinking, Cory was barely intoxicated, and it was an truly an accident. This was nothing like Ryan Dunn’s case, where he was absolutely wasted and speeding over 120 mph. Yet since Dunn died too, nobody mentioned the fact that he killed a guy in a fiery wreck. Cory has to live with the guilt for the rest of his life, which really is punishment enough. Sitting in prison for 4 years doesn’t do anything for anyone.

one drink behind the wheel is one drink too many...CK serving 4 years is light, you'd get more time if you were selling crack

feedmeseymour

« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »
So many emojis in the Instagram comments. Offputting for some reason.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2018, 06:37:58 PM »
marcjohnson @raven.tershy FUCK YES RAVEN ⚡️❤️💪🏽❤️⚡️

I feel so sad for Preston's wife and kids. What a horrible way to remember the 1 year anniversary of your husband/fathers death.

DONKEYSAUCE

« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2018, 08:20:22 PM »
Giant ego jock Raven had to make it about himself.  "My best friend..." Really Raven? You and Corey are BEST FRIENDS?

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
marcjohnson @raven.tershy FUCK YES RAVEN ⚡️❤️💪🏽❤️⚡️

I feel so sad for Preston's wife and kids. What a horrible way to remember the 1 year anniversary of your husband/fathers death.
I can't believe this is real. Marc Johnson actually said that...

nothing about this post is "fuck yes" what a disgrace

IHOP

« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »

huf classic came out 1+ year before the cory shoe.  corys shoe was also an already existing model that they had made under Nike 6.0 much before that.  If you want to really argue it, people have been skating converse and pf flyers since the 80's.  I would say that huf sparked the toe cap again, but even marc johnson and emerica posted shoe samples they made around 2010 that looked like all the popular toe cap shoes last year.  I dont really back nike but cmon CK did not spark the toe cap.

TITANIUM NIPPLES

« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
Hey ManMelt, are you going to try and get a conjugal visit with Cory? Jesus christ.

And fuck Marc Johnson - what an absolute imbecile.

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
Giant ego jock Raven had to make it about himself.  "My best friend..." Really Raven? You and Corey are BEST FRIENDS?
Fuck off, watch their crail couch, pay attention to their social media, the guys were obviously great fucking friends, don't just blindly assume the worst in people.