Author Topic: Rain setup  (Read 1517 times)

Budgie Lasek

• Rep: -16
Re: Rain setup
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 09:22:45 AM »
I will do everything within my power to not be outside if it's raining, so a rain set up? No.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 8
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »
mine is a couch, the tv, and beer.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
Years ago homie in Eugene had an uncut deck as his rain board. I think it was one of those "shape your own" kits companies occasionally make, like Creature and Alien. He said it was sick and it was so huge it acted as a fender, if you know what I'm trying to say. It looked kinda crazy but seemed like a rad idea.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »
The new Powell Flight decks are getting a lot of positive feedback. Could be a potential rain deck?

SJ

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »
I used to live in Portland so I pretty much dealt with rain every day, but a little trick I picked up was to clean your bearings and pack them with white lithium grease (you can buy a tube from an auto parts store for like $3) This will pretty much water proof your bearings and not allow them to rust up, as long as you give your wheels a spin before storing it. It's good for riding in the rain, but when it's dry it can make you slightly slower than normal since the grease is pretty thick.

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 466
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »
My rain setup is my basement.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

TheVisitor

• Rep: -1
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »
I used to live in Portland so I pretty much dealt with rain every day, but a little trick I picked up was to clean your bearings and pack them with white lithium grease (you can buy a tube from an auto parts store for like $3) This will pretty much water proof your bearings and not allow them to rust up, as long as you give your wheels a spin before storing it. It's good for riding in the rain, but when it's dry it can make you slightly slower than normal since the grease is pretty thick.

I moved to Portland. Got any covered spots you can share? It fucking rains so much here.

SJ

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2017, 10:41:41 PM »

I moved to Portland. Got any covered spots you can share? It fucking rains so much here.

Pretty much any parking garage (I liked Lloyd Center's) or Burnside, and there's a tiny indoor skatepark (and I mean tiny) on SE 20th, which is really just a mini bowl, mini ramp, and mini street section and it costs like 7 bucks a day/50 a month, worth it if you're desperate and can spare the cash. https://www.cwskate.com/

But yeah, the rain there is a real bummer.