Author Topic: New Site issues and request  (Read 49863 times)

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Site issues and request
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2017, 09:46:42 AM »
Got it 👍

We're on the same page for the drop down menu but it looks different on my phone compared to the screenshot you posted. I've attached what it looks like on my iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3.3.

I like the new avatar and alternating color scheme between posts. The darker portion is slightly too dark to me but I don't want to nitpick if other people like it.

I appreciate the work! Everyone thank Nick because he probably has more important stuff to do than this!

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »
i agree the blue sidebars on mobile dark mode is jarring/weirdly bright, anything you can do about that?

thanks for being so on top of this shit
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

admin

• Administrator
  • Rep: 889
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »
i agree the blue sidebars on mobile dark mode is jarring/weirdly bright, anything you can do about that?

Made the blue much darker, does that work?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Made the blue much darker, does that work?

Much better

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
Got it 👍

We're on the same page for the drop down menu but it looks different on my phone compared to the screenshot you posted. I've attached what it looks like on my iPhone 5 running iOS 10.3.3.

I like the new avatar and alternating color scheme between posts. The darker portion is slightly too dark to me but I don't want to nitpick if other people like it.

I appreciate the work! Everyone thank Nick because he probably has more important stuff to do than this!
Screenshot helped a lot, apparently it was an iOS safari bug, but I tested my fix in the iOS emulator and it works now.  Can you confirm?

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote
the time schedule of the messages is wrong, or I see in the future
in dark mode, some text is unreadable, like the "unread, replies, logout" window that appears when you put the mouse on your avatar at top right of the screen, all white !
[close]
Times are based PST where we are located, it is correct for me.
I fixed the menu bug you mentioned.  Thanks for the heads up.
good job, dude !
still have 1 hour less than you guys, i'm regular lol
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:31:39 AM by the snake »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
I'm getting errors saying "you just posted 5 seconds ago" when that's some bullshit

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2017, 10:42:31 AM »
thanks for putting so much personal time in this..it's started to get dialed in real nice..dark modes fucked up on mobile iphone right now though fyi (can't read words) .. thanks for getting rid of blue sides (wasn't a fan of that)..like the alternating shades between posts to separate

one thing i liked from the old site that is like to see again was that it showed the latest poster for each individual thread
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
Has "Ignore" gone away as an option? Because people I used to have on "Ignore" are not ignored anymore and I can't figure out a way to re-ignore them.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Got it 👍

[close]
Screenshot helped a lot, apparently it was an iOS safari bug, but I tested my fix in the iOS emulator and it works now.  Can you confirm?

Fixed!

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
thanks to the admin concerned, looks aight and i'm sure it works much better in all the ways i don't want to worry about.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2017, 10:51:58 AM »
I'm getting errors saying "you just posted 5 seconds ago" when that's some bullshit
Can you screenshot the error for me?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2017, 10:55:30 AM »
Has "Ignore" gone away as an option? Because people I used to have on "Ignore" are not ignored anymore and I can't figure out a way to re-ignore them.
It's here, the old list was a plugin so it couldn't be migrated, but the new one is baked in.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
thanks for putting so much personal time in this..it's started to get dialed in real nice..dark modes fucked up on mobile iphone right now though fyi (can't read words) .. thanks for getting rid of blue sides (wasn't a fan of that)..like the alternating shades between posts to separate

one thing i liked from the old site that is like to see again was that it showed the latest poster for each individual thread
Thanks for the heads up about darkmode mobile, fixed.
The latest poster appears on desktop in the topic area, is that what your talking about? In mobile it's a little tight to fit in my opinion, what do you guys think?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2017, 11:21:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's here, the old list was a plugin so it couldn't be migrated, but the new one is baked in.

Yo, all this time it was right there befo' my very eyes.
Thanks! I like this redesign, by the way.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thanks for the heads up about darkmode mobile, fixed.
The latest poster appears on desktop in the topic area, is that what your talking about? In mobile it's a little tight to fit in my opinion, what do you guys think?

hey i like it but we'll see if there's any backlash .. i agree it does feel more crowded now .. wonder if there's another wat to incorporate it (don't look at me for ideas tho)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:26:58 AM by straight »

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2017, 11:35:08 AM »
Color logo is back now too.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2017, 11:41:39 AM »
I approve of the "last post by" stuff.

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2017, 01:23:32 PM »
hey the avatars are being weird on mobile iphone..they're like superimposed over things they're not supposed to

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
hey the avatars are being weird on mobile iphone..they're like superimposed over things they're not supposed to
I was messing around with that upper profile area on mobile, does it look good now?

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was messing around with that upper profile area on mobile, does it look good now?

it does look good .. like i said before, this shit is getting dialed in real nice and im digging it big time now..don't really like the dotted lines around the rep and post count area tho but i also didn't like how they looked before that either...again don't have solutions just saying what i see

actually thought of something, i think the rep,member status and post count would like nice if they were individually color blocked
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:06:14 PM by straight »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2017, 02:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Can you enable embedding from tumblr?

Also, I see that I can't gnar or kook when on the site on my iPhone, or see rep/post count. Tried requesting the desktop site, but it didn't do anything.
[close]
gnar kook was included in the mobile changes which just got pushed through the cache, check now you should be able to.

Awesome. How about that Tumblr embed?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2017, 02:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Also, I see that I can't gnar or kook when on the site on my iPhone, or see rep/post count. Tried requesting the desktop site, but it didn't do anything.
[close]
gnar kook was included in the mobile changes which just got pushed through the cache, check now you should be able to.
[close]

Can't do Auto Embed but added a Tumblr BBC code button in the post reply buttons.
http://vintageskatescans.tumblr.com/post/143635029602/carlyon
just paste the link between the tumblr tags like this
[ tumblr ]http://vintageskatescans.tumblr.com/post/143635029602/carlyon[ /tumblr ]

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »
Hey admin, I read through this thread first before asking this and didn't see anything on this. If the answer is out there just say so and I'll figure it out:

Has linking to youtube videos changed? The old way of removing the "s" in "https" doesn't show a thumbnail of the video, at least when I hit "Preview". Did this change?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »
Hey admin, I read through this thread first before asking this and didn't see anything on this. If the answer is out there just say so and I'll figure it out:

Has linking to youtube videos changed? The old way of removing the "s" in "https" doesn't show a thumbnail of the video, at least when I hit "Preview". Did this change?
Just copy paste the link and it will auto embed, just did it below from this link https and everything included.

Doesn't show up in preview but will in the post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNC0aDyR-6w
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:49:03 PM by admin »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2017, 03:54:36 PM »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
YAY!

plod

« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
Expand Quote
The mobile view is brutal, there so much wrong with it I'm not sure where to start. One major thing is why is the whole thing got the margin or padding reducing the content width for no reason . The purple blue bars down the size are pointless. Optimize for the content and readability.
Make the content 100% width, get rid of all these crazy ass colours. Simplify it as best you can. If your using a theme just pick the simplest these available.
I'm not sure how you even post I had to quote to publish this
[close]
I made the content full width, to post on mobile there is an icon like this at the bottom. Is this not clear enough (actual question not sarcasm)?

Hey,I just disabled the Mobile view, desktop looks good. I was In mobile dark mode and  couldn't figure out anything. Sorry to be so harsh. Seriously though how do you post I can only see quote!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 04:17:42 PM by plod »

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2017, 05:15:51 PM »
only thing im missing is the view ALL unread posts since last visit button. its an option to do it by board, but not for the whole forum.

yea that's the only thing. unread posts since last visit on all of the categories would be sick. Besides that i like it

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2017, 07:51:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Can't do Auto Embed but added a Tumblr BBC code button in the post reply buttons.
http://vintageskatescans.tumblr.com/post/143635029602/carlyon
just paste the link between the tumblr tags like this
[ tumblr ]http://vintageskatescans.tumblr.com/post/143635029602/carlyon[ /tumblr ]
http://lovethebounce.tumblr.com/post/163138059138