Author Topic: Andy Roy vs Consolidated  (Read 76447 times)

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
Re: Andy Roy vs Consolidated
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
What dirty hole did Sanchez crawl out of to talk shit? Jason Jessee the "Nazi" that is in the Dukes CC, aka a Hispanic car club, among all the other shit he's culturally involved in...yeah.

Birdo is going to drop a full part this coming month to get SOTY and shut all these fools up!

Yes, Jason Jessee did go on a weird white power trip for a minute.. Swazi stickers on his helmet and boards, and iron cross rings n' shit. He got famously knocked out [and then kicked out] at the Holiday Havoc National Am contest for calling Ned Brown the N word. Shit's well documented.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »
I'm just kinda surprised skidmark, even cared?  Crazed toothless dudes yelling at people isn't that uncommon, especially if you're skating, I've heard all sorts of insults from random street freaks and tbh honest it never really bothered me except for being annoying

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
I'm just kinda surprised skidmark, even cared?  Crazed toothless dudes yelling at people isn't that uncommon, especially if you're skating, I've heard all sorts of insults from random street freaks and tbh honest it never really bothered me except for being annoying

yeah but Birdo is his boy, gave him a discount on that dusty hat and everything.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2017, 09:56:27 AM »
he's a Santa Cruz motorcross/skate/Xtreme dudebro jock, of course he wanted to fight.  they're the Norcal version of redneck shitkickers you'd find in any normal state. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2017, 10:51:01 AM »
Consolidated posting pics of Birdo skating now. Seems like Andy and Mr. Jessee (saying they were never skaters) got under their skin pretty bad. I dunno what Skidmark mag is (must be real good?) But that dude is a sissy. Birdo just looked awkward. Leticia is still a fox though. Would take her to McDonald's if I had a coupon for a 2 for 1.

I always wondered why Jessee left. Weird that it isn't common knowledge by now.

Any who ... Weird that Henry is saying shit about Indy... and Jessee.

In this Karma interview he tells the JJ quitting story:

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2013/02/chrome-ball-interview-55-karma-tsocheff.html

Another interesting thing in that interview is that everything is cool between him and Consolidated, which is making me wonder if we know the.....  ahem... "the full story".  As people have pointed out Karma rode for them for a long time after Andy left, and so did Richard Paez, so something is amiss.  Andy's timeline seems way off.  It's almost as if he's not being honest.  Sniff sniff....

That whole scene was weird... not fake, but definitely pre-planned.  "Hey Birdo, it's Patrick, we are gonna be at Derby around noon so show up and we can have an airing of grievances.  No violence though Vice won't allow it.  Thanks". 

Funny sidenote, when I saw the trailer and saw Andy up in his face i thought "what the fuck Andy is starting shit with some skatepark dad!!??".  Sorry Birdo.

Letica total fox.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah but Birdo is his boy, gave him a discount on that dusty hat and everything.
Ohhh true, that's like the time a crackhead said the Blue Tile Lounge shirt I was wearing "looked stupid", called them up to drop dime on the dude, but they just laughed and said "seriously, who is this?, Lee are you fucking with us again????" they kept laughing and hung up  :'(

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »
Birdo looks like a PTA dad

Shout out to that other dude trying to act hard on camera

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2017, 11:46:25 AM »
Another good thing from this shit show, I had never heard of Skidmark Magazine. Went to the IG to see all the groms jocking Andy and found new Karma clips. He still fucking rips!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Ohhh true, that's like the time a crackhead said the Blue Tile Lounge shirt I was wearing "looked stupid", called them up to drop dime on the dude, but they just laughed and said "seriously, who is this?, Lee are you fucking with us again????" they kept laughing and hung up  :'(
One day this guy told me he liked my jorts but it seemed kinda sarcastic so you what I did? I fucking killed him man. Talking shit on my jorts, fuck you man.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2017, 12:38:18 PM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:49:49 PM by perverted super otaku! »

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »
I would kick the shit out of andy roy just for knowingly spreading herpes. Punk ass lil bitch and anyone who backs him is a bitch too on principle.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2017, 01:30:00 PM »
they're already trying to capitalize on it.  they made shirts that say FUCK CONSOLIDATED and have a big spider web, to look like the spider web tattoo on andys head.
Yep... it's one thing if Birdo's going to use his platform to target big companies or whatever, but using the company profile to attack one person is punching down. Fucking stupid of him. Birdo seemed like a nice enough dude back in the blank boards debate (ancient history), but he was a shithead in this.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2017, 01:42:26 PM »
If Andy wasn't 18, no one would take his side. Can't wait for his offspring to grow up. Think he was born with herpes? It happens...

Henry Sanchez knows what the fuck is up
You seem to be taking this Andy Roy/Birdo beef harder than both parties involved, got a lot of free time down in Buttfuck, Tennessee I presume.

colin

« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2017, 02:09:00 PM »
Andy eating a banana while Birdo and that Skidmark kook try to intimidate him was hilarious.
You know this!!

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2017, 02:12:10 PM »
You're tripping if you don't think those guys knew who andy was. And it wasn't staged there's a lot of egos in the santa cruz skate world

colin

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »

Andy's a G for that last part about giving Karma a company.

colin

« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2017, 02:30:54 PM »
We have a bunch of grown men arguing about some shit that happened decades ago at a public park dedicated to playing with wooden toys, and you're all acting like there's a winner in this situation?

This is one of the aspects of skateboarding that I hate. Both parties involved are old and kooky, and that clip & everything following it causes more secondhand embarrassment that anything else.
Take back what you say about the old!

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2017, 03:04:57 PM »
I just can't believe this asshole Shitstain Mike or whatever couldn't think of a better name to call his magazine....
Skidmark Magazine??  What a creative guy.  Seems he is obsessed with his inability to wipe his asshole clean.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2017, 05:35:48 PM »
quote author=CRAILFISH TO REVERT link=topic=96729.msg2692526#msg2692526 date=1506789634]
What dirty hole did Sanchez crawl out of to talk shit? Jason Jessee the "Nazi" that is in the Dukes CC, aka a Hispanic car club, among all the other shit he's culturally involved in...yeah.

Birdo is going to drop a full part this coming month to get SOTY and shut all these fools up!

Yes, Jason Jessee did go on a weird white power trip for a minute.. Swazi stickers on his helmet and boards, and iron cross rings n' shit. He got famously knocked out [and then kicked out] at the Holiday Havoc National Am contest for calling Ned Brown the N word. Shit's well documented.
[/quote]
Yea I know Jason's story, I own Pray For Me and read a stack of his interviews. At best it was a phase or as he put it "just joking around".

This situation is comparable to seeing someone in a Van Hagar shirt and saying "Fuck Van Hagar" the only reason they got so pissy is because they know it's true and let's be real here- I doubt Birdo and Leticia were busy with board or shoe orders.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote
If Andy wasn't 18, no one would take his side. Can't wait for his offspring to grow up. Think he was born with herpes? It happens...

[close]
You seem to be taking this Andy Roy/Birdo beef harder than both parties involved, got a lot of free time down in Buttfuck, Tennessee I presume.

Your tripping. I've replied 3-4 times. You Roy dick riders are the ones on 24 hour IG and SLAP patrol yelling/typing 18! 18! Suck his dick bitch, catch some herps to go with your aids cocksucker

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Your tripping. I've replied 3-4 times. You Roy dick riders are the ones on 24 hour IG and SLAP patrol yelling/typing 18! 18! Suck his dick bitch, catch some herps to go with your aids cocksucker
Damn what's with you and herps G? The Tennessee hick doth prostest too much

Pretty Serious

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2017, 03:28:47 PM »
I hope it went something like "Roy's at the park with a filmer, let's go collect the $18 ransom and brick his head in", plot foiled by investigative reporter O'dell.  Wish those Consolidated dorks had the PR foresight to show up and offer Andy a guest board, he would've dropped that vato act real quick.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Andy's a G for that last part about giving Karma a company.

"I lost sleep for about 18 seconds" is clever.

If Henry Sanchez is randomly coming into the picture, then I wonder what Marc Johnson thinks of this.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2017, 04:25:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jack Fardell:

Expand Quote
Can I dig a little deeper into what made you leave Antihero? You mentioned people not having morals. I thought it was interesting since most people think of Australian skaters as pretty rugged. What kind of morals crossed the line?

It's a complicated one. I don't really want to name names and do the whole thing. Growing up as a kid skating bowls in Australia, seeing the things that those dudes did—Cardiel, Julien, or Trujillo. Those dudes are the best, you know? Antihero is the sickest. But I can't just watch someone walk down the street and just spit on some random human and then try to start a fight with them for no reason. Yeah, Australians are rugged. They drink and get into bar fights all the time. But they shake hands afterwards and there was a reason for it. Not just starting it to be a show-off. I don't know. I don't even really want to talk about it. As far as morals though, I'm a respectful human. I have heart for people. I'm not trying to make other people's lives more miserable. Those guys probably have the same feelings. It's just in the moment, like, "Everyone's around. I've had two beers. I'm gonna do this because it's probably gonna look rad."
[close]
[close]

Consider the source of this information. You're quoting someone who rides for Sovrn and couldn't make it work out on Enjoi.
Did that situation occur? Sure. Very possible. Is it to be summed up into a couple sentences by someone who holds bias against the company at hand? No. Are we getting the full story. Hell no. Should we lack critical thinking and take emphasis on this considering the scenario and source at hand? No way.
Stay smart SLAP.
[close]
If he was talking about a brand you didn't like you wouldn't give it the same level of scrutiny.
[close]

I most likely wouldn't open a thread about sovrn. Nor would I be watching epicly later'd on Mikey Taylor. So I wouldn't really be scrutinizing something I wouldn't be into because I wouldn't be checking into it.

I see where you're going though, sans the attempted finger pointing or callout or something like it. I said, "consider the source" because I don't give the same level of respect when it comes to opinions such as Jack Fardell as I would, say, Tyshawn or T-Funk, which you could say are on the same boat ride professionally as Fardell, recently turning pro, etc.
Hopefully that clarifies it a bit. I try to be critical when it comes to things that call out dlx, or FA, or indy or habitat, or whatever else get's a "pass". Not just because I like them, which I do. But, they seem, when it comes to the skate realm, to have a real ethical drive for keeping it real.

"i give cool skaters and cool brands a pass".  t-funk sounds like a little pot-addled idiot when he speaks, so you'd really elevate his opinions over Jack Fardell who described literally was everyone thinks people like T-Mo, Trujillo, and some other Anti-Hero guys (but not all of them) act like and have been verified by other people on these threads who have?  He wasn't talking shit on Jim T who is amazing, or even Cardiel or Stranger.  Maybe it's an age thing, but  I respect an ethically/empathetically minded person like Fardell in skateboarding or just in life in general over someone like Tyshawn who seems like a brat and an asshole to his friends.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 43
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »
y'all should make consolidated boards with graphics of y'all looking shook as fuck. 

All grown up and old.

Love this

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Damn what's with you and herps G? The Tennessee hick doth prostest too much

Herpes shmerpes. Even if he does have them I doubt he would have gone spreading them. For one, herpes by all accounts hurt like fuck when they're flaring so who'd wanna fuck when they had 'em? I get get cold sores (mouth herpes) and that's fucked enough. I also don't imagine him to really be that much of a cunt. Now I'm wondering why my opinion of this man is as high as it is. Hmmm...
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »
Actually, after re-reading that bobshirt interview, maybe I'm very wrong.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jack Fardell:

Expand Quote
Can I dig a little deeper into what made you leave Antihero? You mentioned people not having morals. I thought it was interesting since most people think of Australian skaters as pretty rugged. What kind of morals crossed the line?

It's a complicated one. I don't really want to name names and do the whole thing. Growing up as a kid skating bowls in Australia, seeing the things that those dudes did—Cardiel, Julien, or Trujillo. Those dudes are the best, you know? Antihero is the sickest. But I can't just watch someone walk down the street and just spit on some random human and then try to start a fight with them for no reason. Yeah, Australians are rugged. They drink and get into bar fights all the time. But they shake hands afterwards and there was a reason for it. Not just starting it to be a show-off. I don't know. I don't even really want to talk about it. As far as morals though, I'm a respectful human. I have heart for people. I'm not trying to make other people's lives more miserable. Those guys probably have the same feelings. It's just in the moment, like, "Everyone's around. I've had two beers. I'm gonna do this because it's probably gonna look rad."
[close]
[close]

Consider the source of this information. You're quoting someone who rides for Sovrn and couldn't make it work out on Enjoi.
Did that situation occur? Sure. Very possible. Is it to be summed up into a couple sentences by someone who holds bias against the company at hand? No. Are we getting the full story. Hell no. Should we lack critical thinking and take emphasis on this considering the scenario and source at hand? No way.
Stay smart SLAP.
[close]
If he was talking about a brand you didn't like you wouldn't give it the same level of scrutiny.
[close]

I most likely wouldn't open a thread about sovrn. Nor would I be watching epicly later'd on Mikey Taylor. So I wouldn't really be scrutinizing something I wouldn't be into because I wouldn't be checking into it.

I see where you're going though, sans the attempted finger pointing or callout or something like it. I said, "consider the source" because I don't give the same level of respect when it comes to opinions such as Jack Fardell as I would, say, Tyshawn or T-Funk, which you could say are on the same boat ride professionally as Fardell, recently turning pro, etc.
Hopefully that clarifies it a bit. I try to be critical when it comes to things that call out dlx, or FA, or indy or habitat, or whatever else get's a "pass". Not just because I like them, which I do. But, they seem, when it comes to the skate realm, to have a real ethical drive for keeping it real.
[close]

"i give cool skaters and cool brands a pass".  t-funk sounds like a little pot-addled idiot when he speaks, so you'd really elevate his opinions over Jack Fardell who described literally was everyone thinks people like T-Mo, Trujillo, and some other Anti-Hero guys (but not all of them) act like and have been verified by other people on these threads who have?  He wasn't talking shit on Jim T who is amazing, or even Cardiel or Stranger.  Maybe it's an age thing, but  I respect an ethically/empathetically minded person like Fardell in skateboarding or just in life in general over someone like Tyshawn who seems like a brat and an asshole to his friends.

I completely 100% agree with you. Enjoy life.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
Haha exactly. The dude actually got so up in arms about Andy calling out his hat. Even if it is a company you work for or back or whatever, its Andy Roy with a film crew talking shit your better off not trying to escalate things and take it with a grain of salt. Instead he calls Birdo who shows up for a fight of some sort looking like a fat tart
/thread
I don't think there's really that many Andy fan boys on here, but consolidated handled that terribly. I honestly only think they signed the waivers so they could get some publicity from it. At least when Leticia was posting on here you might have won back a few of fans, if only for the nostalgia value alone.
There's like 4 threads on this topic and all 4 of them have more replies than the consolidated video thread that was posted a month or so ago, is that really how you wanted to be remembered - two middle aged dudes get cut because someone doesn't like their hat and then show up at a skate park and cry wolf while Andy Roy (of all people) laughs at you and eats a banana? Fucking hell...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:58:02 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »
This confrontation leaves me with only one question; how the fuck has consolidated been around for 25 years? Granted I did start skating in 2004 perhaps after its spike in popularity but I have never seen a board in the shop (or the wild) seen some shitty banana shoes once in a shop around 2006 and saw the new ones randomly a few months ago?

This company surely can't be the sole source of income for its employees?

With that aside, I still think they have one of the best logos in skateboarding