Author Topic: Andy Roy vs Consolidated  (Read 76227 times)

dr.prestige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Andy Roy vs Consolidated
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2017, 01:15:31 AM »
Expand Quote
When I was a kid, Karma Tsocheff and Jesse Paez were two skaters that got me hella stoked. In that sense, I was always interested in Consolidated as a company. Not really sure what they're up to now, but I'm not really feeling those banana shoes they put out. At least, I wouldn't ever buy a pair.

On the other hand, I think that the band that's shown playing at Potrero in Andy Roy's epicly later'd (the band with the fat dude that you see in one of the scenes playing out at the park) is associated with nazi groups. I watched the epicly later'd from the 14min point that you all recommended on here until the end, and despite the pictures of Roy with the white dude in prison I didn't hear explicit mention of his association with any nazi groups. Maybe I missed it.

So, on balance I would say that anyone with a discerning eye can see that Consolidated comes out on top here. Unfortunately, most people are are still on that macho jock shit that doesn't allow room for much critical thinking. If you're on the quick to judge jock perspective, then Roy comes out on top because he did indeed stand his ground as much as he could. At least, that's what it seems like from the video. There does seem to be a big leap from the face to face confrontation to the scene of Roy saying, "Let's leave guys." The fact that there's no footage of him shredding Derby doesn't add much to his claim to be gnarlier than Birdo, who he says supposedly can't grind anything at derby.
[close]
What the fuck are you talking about? Where did you get this magic 14 min mark mention from and why are you throwing shade about supposed nazi bands and photos of Andy with white guys in prison? Do you know much about racial division in prison, is Andy meant to have big house photos looking like United Colors of Benneton?
The Consolidated confrontation begins around that point. You know, the whole point of this thread and stuff

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2017, 01:29:04 AM »
you trippin if you think Roy can't rip Derby

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #152 on: October 12, 2017, 02:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When I was a kid, Karma Tsocheff and Jesse Paez were two skaters that got me hella stoked. In that sense, I was always interested in Consolidated as a company. Not really sure what they're up to now, but I'm not really feeling those banana shoes they put out. At least, I wouldn't ever buy a pair.

On the other hand, I think that the band that's shown playing at Potrero in Andy Roy's epicly later'd (the band with the fat dude that you see in one of the scenes playing out at the park) is associated with nazi groups. I watched the epicly later'd from the 14min point that you all recommended on here until the end, and despite the pictures of Roy with the white dude in prison I didn't hear explicit mention of his association with any nazi groups. Maybe I missed it.

So, on balance I would say that anyone with a discerning eye can see that Consolidated comes out on top here. Unfortunately, most people are are still on that macho jock shit that doesn't allow room for much critical thinking. If you're on the quick to judge jock perspective, then Roy comes out on top because he did indeed stand his ground as much as he could. At least, that's what it seems like from the video. There does seem to be a big leap from the face to face confrontation to the scene of Roy saying, "Let's leave guys." The fact that there's no footage of him shredding Derby doesn't add much to his claim to be gnarlier than Birdo, who he says supposedly can't grind anything at derby.
[close]
What the fuck are you talking about? Where did you get this magic 14 min mark mention from and why are you throwing shade about supposed nazi bands and photos of Andy with white guys in prison? Do you know much about racial division in prison, is Andy meant to have big house photos looking like United Colors of Benneton?
[close]
The Consolidated confrontation begins around that point. You know, the whole point of this thread and stuff
Yeah, but why make a point of saying you didn't watch before that then imply Andy is a white supremacist?

calvinsdream

« Reply #153 on: October 12, 2017, 08:41:40 AM »
The fact that there's no footage of him shredding Derby doesn't add much to his claim to be gnarlier than Birdo, who he says supposedly can't grind anything at derby.

oh yeah good reasoning right there

Pull your head out of your fucking ass

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
Yeah, but why make a point of saying you didn't watch before that then imply Andy is a white supremacist?

The second time you went in, you like went seriously to prison, right?

Yeah, dude. Its just, they don’t want it no more. The judge sees you, and they cancel your probation, and then your prison bound, you know? Its seriously hectic. I’ve never been to prison, but they wanted to send me there. This time if I mess up, they’re going to give me three years in prison.

Fuck.

But then there was that jail farm where they called me Spider, and I did all that crazy stuff. I’m not allowed there because I did bad stuff there, so then they sent me to a medium facility, and I did bad stuff there, so now I got stuck in County.

What was the bad stuff you were doing?

Well, you fight with people when you want to fight. You fucking go to the bathroom, and you fight, and someone keeps point, and you bring your coffee cup in or your shaving razor in. I stabbed some fucking dude in the hand.

What was that over?

Well, there’s a lot of politics in there. And a white dude stole from another white dude and had started a fight in between the guys, in front of all the eses, all the Southerners, ’cause I kick it with the Southerners, and when two white people fight in front of people, that makes us look bad, so therefore I had to take him into the bathroom and handle it, you know? ‘Cause they trip us. “Whats up with your people?” you know? That makes you look bad. “Don’t worry, I’ll go take care of it right now. Come into room 13, we gotta take care of this.” Close the bathroom door and he takes his beating, you beat the fuck out of him, shits his pants and it gets crazy.

From the Snuggle Bandit interview, hes no white supremacist he kicked it with the eses in the big house

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2017, 10:17:40 AM »
i'm pretty sure andy's off paper by now [otherwise he'd be violated and back in prison by now]. just talking to a cop can be a violation like 'hey you look suspicious' and you have to tell your officer. shit is mad fucked and why recidivism rates are so high and the prison business is booming.
but i don't think you can skate and travel on parole [unless you're gg allin] it will catch you fast. prolly andy served his whole sentence or whatever a long time ago. he may have been on paper when he gave lessons and had a wife and lived a sedentary range life.

It basically depends on whether or not you can convince the courts that traveling is necessary for you to make a living. I know that's how Gino was able to stack clips for Yeah Right, he pretty much said that he convinced the parole board that he couldn't make a living if he didn't have the opportunity to move around within reason.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

shark tits

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »
yeah matthew james, he's just too boisterous to not get his name read which like i said is a violation. hopping a fence to skate schoolyard will get you sent back.
to the 'andy roy isn't racist because he kicks w/ eses' i don't know if he is or isn't but the politics of california prison is whites/southern mexicans vs blacks/northern mexicans.
so even if your bffs on the streets are black, you can't share cigs, food or chat too much w/ them on the inside [if you're white].
if andy roy kicked it w/ blacks or nothern mexicans he would've gotten stabbed in the hand or beaten til turd issued forth from his anus.
some people join the white gang for protection and maybe come out w/ some regrettable tattoos. don't judge people if you don't know their story, sometimes showing you're down like that is what keeps you part of mainline society vs being target or having to join the punk society.
one of the founders of the aryan brotherhood was half jewish. i think it's usually a survival thing and for the upper echelon it's a profit thing. race is just like football players wear different uniforms to tell them apart.
[i never been to prison but i've watched a lot of lockup raw and read books].

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »
Ok, to all you kooks who got butthurt about the Nazi connection, check out some of these links:

https://itsgoingdown.org/stop-neo-nazi-band-highway-murderers-performing-san-jose/ (background on the nazi punk band, the Highway Murderers)

http://www.confuzine.com/2011/03/10/jason-jessee-i-skateboard-but-im-an-artist-automodown-warehouse-watsonville-california-2004-2005/ (interview/article that shows some of the connections between Jason Jesse and the Highway Murderers. Andy Roy's name is in there somewhere too.)

Also, like I mentioned in the original post that got some of you snowflakes upset, the Highway Murderers seem to get some airtime in the Epicly Later'd episode that's under discussion in this thread.

Just statin' the facts.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #158 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
yeah matthew james, he's just too boisterous to not get his name read which like i said is a violation. hopping a fence to skate schoolyard will get you sent back.
to the 'andy roy isn't racist because he kicks w/ eses' i don't know if he is or isn't but the politics of california prison is whites/southern mexicans vs blacks/northern mexicans.
so even if your bffs on the streets are black, you can't share cigs, food or chat too much w/ them on the inside [if you're white].
if andy roy kicked it w/ blacks or nothern mexicans he would've gotten stabbed in the hand or beaten til turd issued forth from his anus.
some people join the white gang for protection and maybe come out w/ some regrettable tattoos. don't judge people if you don't know their story, sometimes showing you're down like that is what keeps you part of mainline society vs being target or having to join the punk society.
one of the founders of the aryan brotherhood was half jewish. i think it's usually a survival thing and for the upper echelon it's a profit thing. race is just like football players wear different uniforms to tell them apart.
[i never been to prison but i've watched a lot of lockup raw and read books].

That's basically the same thing Fabian Alomar said on the Crail Couch a few years back.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

calvinsdream

« Reply #159 on: October 12, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
Ok, to all you kooks who got butthurt about the Nazi connection, check out some of these links:

https://itsgoingdown.org/stop-neo-nazi-band-highway-murderers-performing-san-jose/ (background on the nazi punk band, the Highway Murderers)

http://www.confuzine.com/2011/03/10/jason-jessee-i-skateboard-but-im-an-artist-automodown-warehouse-watsonville-california-2004-2005/ (interview/article that shows some of the connections between Jason Jesse and the Highway Murderers. Andy Roy's name is in there somewhere too.)

Also, like I mentioned in the original post that got some of you snowflakes upset, the Highway Murderers seem to get some airtime in the Epicly Later'd episode that's under discussion in this thread.

Just statin' the facts.

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
SS degrees of separation

fongool

• Rep: 94
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:03 AM »
Is Andy even considered white? I mean his real name is Andrew Martinez Gaona.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2017, 12:54:23 PM »
Sounds like Andy chilled with the homies(cholos) over the woods(whites).
Expand Quote

Just statin' the facts.
[close]

Anyone that has followed Jason Jessee's career and watched Pray For Me would know about the highway murderers Columbo. Next thing that'll be concocted is he gave Ben K fashion tips. Andy dresses like the majority of white dudes that grew up around cholos/gangsters and went to jail and did the same thing.  It's pretty common in California to see dudes like Andy.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2017, 01:00:20 PM »
Andy Roy isn't racist LOL. His old lady is Indian and he's half Mexican...
you never know about pre-cum 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
Pretty hilarious considering Jessee's cholo shtick nowadays

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2017, 01:46:23 PM »
Birdo and Leticia are so stoked right now over all this attention. The only skidmark I know is the one I left in my briefs last year night.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
Birdo and Leticia are so stoked right now over all this attention. The only skidmark I know is the one I left in my briefs last year night.
Oh man there booking big gigs nowadays. They got the hot seat on that podcast everyone talks about all the time, The Shetler Show. That's gonna help them sell so many boards and trucker hats they can really step up their banana shoe game and crush Nike.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Oh man there booking big gigs nowadays. They got the hot seat on that podcast everyone talks about all the time, The Shetler Show. That's gonna help them sell so many boards and trucker hats they can really step up their banana shoe game and crush Nike.

I like how they need Nike in order for them to justify their whole marketing initiative...

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I like how they need Nike in order for them to justify their whole marketing initiative...
How many boards do you think Consolidated sells vs Remive?

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a Consolidated board hanging in a shop within the past 10 years?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Just statin' the facts.
[close]

what did I find out??  THERE IS NO PEPE SILVIA!!!
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2017, 04:22:31 PM »
I haven't seen a Consolidated deck since i had a blank back in like 98 (i got it for free)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2017, 04:34:03 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a Consolidated board hanging in a shop within the past 10 years?
I saw one last year in arcata,ca. I laughed and continued shopping

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2017, 04:35:02 PM »

Oncore in Flagstaff, AZ definitely had some within the past year or so, but they also stock stuff like lamebrain and creature so awful board brands aren't exactly out of place there.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:43 AM »
i've never laid eyes upon a consolidated

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2017, 11:09:09 AM »

These fucking clowns

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »

No. And the last Consolidated board I saw before that (a Steve Bailey) was up on the wall so long it warped and the skateshop owner eventually gave it to one of his riders.

I did have a Scott Bourne deck and a Karma back to back in the day which I remember fondly.

BTW, why hasn't anyone posted Andy's Consolidated part?

http://youtu.be/6G6oZVreylg

slothspeed

• Rep: -12
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
What type of name is Birdo anyway???
LIVE SLOW.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2017, 11:32:18 AM »

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
What type of name is Birdo anyway???

Clearly it's a nickname one of his ex lovers gave him based on the fact that his dick is the same size as that of a small bird.