Author Topic: How much do you skate?  (Read 12469 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
How much do you skate?
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:48:39 PM »
I'm really curious how much you guys skate.

I try to skate about six times a week and the longest one of my sessions will go is a little over an hour, but that's a solid hour of skating. I don't take long breathers or smoke/drink breaks. Just skate the whole time and that's it for the day. Some of my sessions are only about 20-30 minutes but they are still worthwhile to me.

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
Re: How much do you skate?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:21:08 AM »
Once a week, twice if I'm lucky.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 01:56:42 AM »
I'm really curious how much you guys skate.

I try to skate about six times a week and the longest one of my sessions will go is a little over an hour, but that's a solid hour of skating. I don't take long breathers or smoke/drink breaks. Just skate the whole time and that's it for the day. Some of my sessions are only about 20-30 minutes but they are still worthwhile to me.

I wish I had this much free time. With work and university commitments I get to skate about 3 to 4 times a week at best. Usually for 1-3 hours with not much break.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 04:53:07 AM »
I'd go every day if my body will hold up. Now, my knees are giving me issues just pushing so it's whenever they decide not to hurt too much. I skated once last week after three weeks out but had a great time.

Also, I know some days I used to skate and try to force a good time out of it even though I felt off. Those were usually the days I got hurt.

Quality over quantity.

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 05:09:04 AM »
weather permitting from 11-12 every night during the 7-8 months it's not subarctic.
winter, i'll get out if it's 30plus and there's somewhere not covered in dirt.
sometimes i'll go out in daytime and it's hard to measure because i skate to the spots and skate back.
i figured it out one day like 'if you do 180 360 flips a yr you're doing alright. averages one every other day cause of winter but i try to land one every night. when i was a junkie i lost them bitches and you'll never know how incomplete a feeling that is.'
6-12 hours a wk

Grind King Rims

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
Not half as much as I shitpost, I can tell you that for sure.

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 08:53:21 AM »
Around 5-6 days a week with each session lasting 20 minutes to 2ish hours. Although they've been getting shorter since daylight is fading faster. And I always skate alone so my only breaks are a few minutes to catch my breath and drink some water.

I've unfortunately been a NEET for the past few months so I have a lot of free time, but feel gross if I spend too much time not working on job applications. So I don't know how long I'll keep this rate since when I finally do start working I'll either feel too tired to skate or be able to skate with a clear conscious and have longer sessions.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »
I've unfortunately been a NEET for the past few months
really? really? I guess your whole profile gives it away...

I changed up jobs in March and now I try to skate to work 2-3 times a week. Also roll at least once on the weekend but I'm always with my kid so I can't bust too hard. Since I pretty much choose my own hours I've been trying to get in a session during the week too, even if it's only 30 min to just cruise around or whatever.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »
I wish i could say every day but i havent done that for years now. These days its usually 2-3 days a week if im lucky, during the summer it was a few nights a week and every weekend, felt good mang.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 07:20:29 PM »
probably average 5 days a week, with 2 of those being out filming, sessioning 2-3 spots and skating the streets for an afternoon or evening and then about 3 sessions skating one of the regular ledge or flatground spots or maybe the occasional park. school's trying hard to fuck that up though

shit_for_brains

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 09:57:40 AM »

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
I try to keep it around 3-4 times a week unless I'm sore or busy with other stuff. I work next door to one of my favorite parks now too so now I usually skate right after work at least twice a week and then a little more on the weekends

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 01:47:07 PM »
Lately it's been just weekend skates at various local concrete parks for like 2 hours each day

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 01:54:15 PM »
Always skate all day Saturday.

Friday at night usually unless something is going on.

I always try to skate once during the week, but that is usually a pipe dream.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
3 days a week.
All day Saturday. Usually leave around 9. Home around dark. Hit up anywhere from 2 - 10 spots.
All day Sunday. So long as I can walk after Saturday. Usually home a little earlier, since I have to work the next day.
Wednesdays I do a little solo skatepark session on my lunch break. 1 hour.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 03:42:30 PM »
3-4 times a week, around 2-3 hrs skating. Weekends its usualy 5 hours. I try to heal my ankles when it rains or I have too much work.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:09 PM »
enough

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 07:48:07 AM »

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 09:18:59 AM »
at least 2 times a week, or I get crazy and old faster

sushishane_

• Rep: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 03:16:58 PM »
Two or three times a Week because I have bad knees now so I can't skate every day like when I was younger.

Hwig8289

• Rep: 0
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 06:19:23 PM »
Usually 5-6 days a week for 1-2hours at a time. I’m self employed so I can manage my day around sessions

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 10:49:31 PM »
3-5......I skated once a week for a huge part of my adult life....it wasn't the worst idea because I kinda quit caring about getting better.....and I was diligent about it so I'd just skate alone if all else failed.  Over time it's someone I looked forward to it, where as before it felt like it wasn't enough.....

In the last few years though I've shifted all my priorities and now I go more and it's the best....I more or less took that one day a week and multiplied it....

My new rule is if you get there you win....

shit_for_brains

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
Usually 5-6 days a week for 1-2hours at a time. I’m self employed so I can manage my day around sessions

This is the #1 thing I miss about freelancing. I skated so much.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 08:55:13 AM »
1-2 times a week, right now. But winter is almost here so it will probably drop to 0 in late December.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »
1-2 times a weekend in mornings for an hour

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »
3-5......I skated once a week for a huge part of my adult life....it wasn't the worst idea because I kinda quit caring about getting better.....and I was diligent about it so I'd just skate alone if all else failed.  Over time it's someone I looked forward to it, where as before it felt like it wasn't enough.....

In the last few years though I've shifted all my priorities and now I go more and it's the best....I more or less took that one day a week and multiplied it....

My new rule is if you get there you win....
i had pain in both knees without skating this WE, you're the truth, j....soy.....

calvinsdream

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 08:19:38 AM »
Usually twice a week Mon-Fri for about 30-40 minutes, and a couple weekend sessions of about an hour apiece.

nickheaddickhead

• Rep: -9
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
I honestly skate once or twice a week maybe. As a kid everybody swears they'll skate everyday until you die, but growing up that shit isn't possible. Work, college, girlfriend, all that shit gets in the way. But to me, it makes the few times I do skate a hell of a lot more worthwhile. I get to just skate instead of feeling like I have to learn new tricks or do this or that; I can just ride my board and do what I want. Sometimes I won't even do a trick, just hauling ass across a parking gets my jimmies off. 
Y’all are crazy. Jason Jessee isn’t a Nazi. He’s just a crazy ass vintage Russian Nazi killer who kills nazis for scalps in inglorious bastards. Watch a quintin taritino for goodneSS sake.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 06:42:42 PM »
School has royally screwed up my skating schedule. I'm in grad school right now and in the most difficult semester of my program. And I work on weekends. The only days I have totally free are Sundays, but those are normally spent doing assignments that are due for the week. I try and skate once or twice a week, but don't even hit that sometimes.

Over this past summer I was working full-time, plus a side job. I averaged 50-55 hrs a week working, but skated way more. I would skate six days a week for several hours a day. Why? Because my free time was actually my free time. Once I left my work I could do whatever I wanted with the rest of my day/evening. Most days I'd get off work at 5:00 and go to the skatepark to meet up with friends and since it didn't get dark until like 9:00, I'd have several hours to skate. On weekend days where I had the whole day free, I'd skate street with my friends and go on day trips. It was so much fun. I felt more comfortable on my board than I had in years.

Now that I'm back in school there's always something academic hanging over my head, most times multiple things, that need to take priority over skateboarding. In undergrad it was generally never too bad. Barring midterms or finals week, I generally had time to skate three or four times a week. Grad school is a whole other beast though.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »
The fact you want to skate counts as something.....makes sense for sure....with academics you are never done....

The park I skate at is on a university campus UBC.....it's sick because if you can schedule a couple hours it's there.....