Author Topic: Reynolds  (Read 13021 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Reynolds
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
2-3 beers?

Same thing I was thinking. It's a good thing he quit because that's embarrassing

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 06:36:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I forgot Theotis Beasley existed.
[close]

A little surprised his house was that unfurnished.   It’s like a place a covert CIA op would keep
[close]
I thought he was Chance the Rapper at first haha
[close]

i was thinking kevin durant's cousin

also, i bet element can't wait to have Stella on their team.  they shockingly don't have a prominent female rider.
[close]
Last they had was Vanessa Torres right?

Oh I was wondering who she used to skate for.   I think she’s got the best style out of the female skaters. 

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 07:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stella was cool until she dissed her pops and then said GT was better than him...

Kids these days...
[close]

Yeah she was always one of the best, but shes kooking it hard these days. How is she gonna last in this business feuding with the boss like that?
[close]

Idk this whole episode kind of seemed like a plug from Andrew to try and get her sponsored by other companies.  Like he asks her 'who are your dream sponsors?'  Thats no coincidence.....  And everyone keeps saying "shes ripping!!"  somethings fishy about all this Stella hype..
[close]

I don't think so. He's said repeatedly that he's not a skate dad. I just saw it as Stella's dad, his friends and her godfather being psyched on her skating which seems pretty normal.

From Reynolds 9 club episode he already said she gets sent boards from element and shoes from vans, she was just being smart and saying she already has her dream board and shoe sponsors...like all sponsored people would do.

Episode was good, I liked the older web style but its like when a band gets more popular and they reach a bigger audience the older fans will always say their earlier stuff was the best. That being said, skateboarding is lucky Reynolds sobered up as soon as he did and has had such a positive effect on the industry as a whole since.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

A little surprised his house was that unfurnished.   It’s like a place a covert CIA op would keep
[close]
[close]

also, i bet element can't wait to have Stella on their team.  they shockingly don't have a prominent female rider.
[close]
[close]

Oh I was wondering who she used to skate for.   I think she’s got the best style out of the female skaters.
Yea she does,her and Jamie Reyes skated my local spot way back when gallaz was a thing,it was pretty tight

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2017, 08:35:49 AM »
I would've loved to hear more about filming for MADE. Basically how he's dealing with trying to keep up at this stage in his life and career.

I love the fact this show is back on for another season but it's definitely lost it's grit that made it so distinguished.

I mean that was a decade when vice was grittier. Shit I remember getting a vice magazine in like 06 with a picture of bdsm chick up in the woods and the caption “ how bad would a mosquito bite on her labia suck” now they got a news show on hbo and an entire channel.

Also has anyone checked out the tyler the creator how it’s made? I watched the one on his one star and it was actually pretty cool. I wish skating went more into the design process with pros shoes.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I would've loved to hear more about filming for MADE. Basically how he's dealing with trying to keep up at this stage in his life and career.

I love the fact this show is back on for another season but it's definitely lost it's grit that made it so distinguished.
[close]

I mean that was a decade when vice was grittier. Shit I remember getting a vice magazine in like 06 with a picture of bdsm chick up in the woods and the caption “ how bad would a mosquito bite on her labia suck” now they got a news show on hbo and an entire channel.

Also has anyone checked out the tyler the creator how it’s made? I watched the one on his one star and it was actually pretty cool. I wish skating went more into the design process with pros shoes.

The future is weird, I remember vice as a silly shock mag. Now its some kind of hipster CNN. I like the music analogy, we all liked the early 10 min long jams, but they're putting out 3 min radio hits.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The future is weird, I remember vice as a silly shock mag. Now its some kind of hipster CNN. I like the music analogy, we all liked the early 10 min long jams, but they're putting out 3 min radio hits.
I always loved getting one and flipping to the do's and don'ts section,some solid music reviews were in there too back then. Content was definitely a 180 from their current stuff other than an occasional Nieratko article

shark tits

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I always loved getting one and flipping to the do's and don'ts section,some solid music reviews were in there too back then. Content was definitely a 180 from their current stuff other than an occasional Nieratko article
that's funny to me because i always think of him as ruining big brother. i know its not that simple but it seemed like it went downhill the more pages he got and it seemed more forced.
he's grown on me over the yrs and also vice isn't as pretty of a background as bb so it's easier to stand out there, maybe?
or like a guy you recognize but never talked to at one jail and based on that familiarity you become friends at a new facility.

7 year old

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »
I'm pretty certain Phelps was saying Reynolds used to be an idiot, not that he is nowadays (which is pretty much what Reynolds says himself when he's talking about his drinking days).

Atiba talking like he's some sort of tastemaker is really annoying. Besides him and Phelps the episode and whole season so far has been really good.
I loved watching Andrew get stoked on the new baker graphics.
The first thing he says is that he didn't think Reynolds would be one of the most influential street skaters of all time. Kind of the opposite of tastemaking.

And to the guy who is suspicious about a father praising his daughter, yeah, that is super out of the ordinary, and not, like, totally what you'd expect at all.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2017, 12:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
that's funny to me because i always think of him as ruining big brother. i know its not that simple but it seemed like it went downhill the more pages he got and it seemed more forced.
he's grown on me over the yrs and also vice isn't as pretty of a background as bb so it's easier to stand out there, maybe?
or like a guy you recognize but never talked to at one jail and based on that familiarity you become friends at a new facility.
Yea he'd probably be my P-knuckle partner haha

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2017, 03:12:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I never thought about it that way at the time but I'm pretty sure you are right. I always liked his band interviews but when he was writing entire articles about tours, etc. composed entirely of stuff unrelated to be he tour, he just wasn't as good at it as Carnie or others.

jomeara1

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »
Atiba in every episode so far:

"He was just...honestly....the best."
"At the time...he was just...unstoppable."
"No one else...is as good as *insert pro's name*
"During that time...it was just....insane.  Whenever you saw him...you just knew....that it was gonna be crazy"

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »
Favorite episode so far. I lost my shit when Spanky was talking about Kader, that was hilarious. This honestly makes want to go buy some Baker or Emerica merch. Also, what's EL mean?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2017, 12:53:19 AM »
so if odell did an atiba episode it would just be him speaking about himself in two different angles?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2017, 01:35:56 AM »
Favorite episode so far. I lost my shit when Spanky was talking about Kader, that was hilarious. This honestly makes want to go buy some Baker or Emerica merch. Also, what's EL mean?

Spanish for “the”

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2017, 02:41:11 AM »
Not sure if it was said before, but whoever was saying that they left his daughter's "dream sponsor" talk in there, I forget where it's been said but she was getting Element boards before this episode dropped, so she really is just stoked on that. Dunno about the other sponsors though.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2017, 05:52:09 AM »
Not sure if it was said before, but whoever was saying that they left his daughter's "dream sponsor" talk in there, I forget where it's been said but she was getting Element boards before this episode dropped, so she really is just stoked on that. Dunno about the other sponsors though.

We should all be so lucky to have a child with a hobby/interest that we don’t have to spend one red cent on

I wonder who is watching her and Onio 2 while he’s on the Ruca trip

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I never thought about it that way at the time but I'm pretty sure you are right. I always liked his band interviews but when he was writing entire articles about tours, etc. composed entirely of stuff unrelated to be he tour, he just wasn't as good at it as Carnie or others.
All I can think of now is the article with him sexually harassing Marissa and going on about how much girl skaters suck.

www.vice.com/en_us/article/qbz8jw/epicly-made-over-985-v16n8

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
i was thinking, is he the doing the best out of all the THPS alumni? Maybe THPS 1 aside from Tony, but there's a list of all the playable characters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hawk%27s_(series)#Featured_skaters

apparently you can play as alex olson but i didnt see a image of it though.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »
i was thinking, is he the doing the best out of all the THPS alumni? Maybe THPS 1 aside from Tony, but there's a list of all the playable characters.

He was in TH Ride, probably through his Quicksilver connection.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Alex on Monster Trucks confirmed.

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »
Expand Quote
2-3 beers?
[close]

Same thing I was thinking. It's a good thing he quit because that's embarrassing

he was a real hunter s thompson. remember the fresh prince when will gets into speed and carlton has a pimple at the dance and asks will for a tylenol but it's speed and he almost dies. carlton went harder than reynolds.

JusticeAbberdash

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2017, 12:52:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

reported

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
2-3 beers?
[close]

[close]

he was a real hunter s thompson. remember the fresh prince when will gets into speed and carlton has a pimple at the dance and asks will for a tylenol but it's speed and he almost dies. carlton went harder than reynolds.

Lmao

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Correct

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2017, 07:40:27 PM »
If they wanted they prolly could have had Letecia by now....in Nora's interview she talks about turning companies down....

Andrew showed up to GSD years ago and it was insane what he did in a day....

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

reported

AMAZING

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2017, 02:37:11 AM »
The undisputed GOAT.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2017, 07:29:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

reported
[close]

AMAZING

looks like david reyes.

whats amazing is that i know what david reyes looks like.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
2-3 beers?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lmao

hardly art, hardly starving