Author Topic: Dill epicly laterd  (Read 37318 times)

Fongstarr.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Dill epicly laterd
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »
That Dylan board being a painting was new to me. Also about the other co owner of FA and the 9/11 photo. The rest seemed about things I know. I do like he seems amped about his FA team and how them experiencing things he did as a kid hypes him up. That is just a real sign of a good owner of a brand.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

shark tits

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2017, 09:37:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the whole white people talking shit on white people is corny
[close]

nah
[close]

haha wha.

yeah.  I agree: "nah"
tyrone shoelaces agrees w/ me. it's like an awkward tactic of bro-ing down that i'm not sure works. i think the kids are weirded out when a white guy starts telling them that shit or 'do drugs, drop out of school and go pro. he's the future, take that white america'.
i love chloe though, she's my favorite girl pro.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »
Anyone know what kind of shades Dill is wearing in this?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »
Can we all agree that our favorite moment was Dill talking about Dylan?

Did anyone also notice Tyshawn's small little mustache? Or was that just the lighting?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »
I'm 2:17 in and I can't take that little mustache

I tried to rock a little John Waters stache in the early 2000s. I showed up for work and my boss, who happened to be a super hip/artsy older woman, saw it and was like 'NO.'

She was a smart lady.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »
wish when they would have interviewed carter when they had the "it is fucking friday the fucking tenth" photosynthesis scene

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

nah
[close]

haha wha.

[close]
tyrone shoelaces agrees w/ me. it's like an awkward tactic of bro-ing down that i'm not sure works. i think the kids are weirded out when a white guy starts telling them that shit or 'do drugs, drop out of school and go pro. he's the future, take that white america'.

1000% percent.  I joke on here about race relations and i say a lot of dumb shit, but i'm not kidding when i say that any white person who likes to let me know they are sorry for other white people are 1) delusional or 2) self centered.  Nice job making some random assholes' crumby opinion somehow about you.   Few things as pitiful as blanket apologies where they are neither needed or warranted.   

that being said i don't think Dill is a bad dude or means harm.  He seems like a nice guy, he's just an idiot.  no harm, no foul, only cringe.
where is home?

GinosGroceries

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
Such a great episode
Oh that Dylan part.
Isn't Dill married? Or did I imagine that? Every time you see the inside of his houses I can picture Dill, and only Dill living there. That's not a bad thing

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

nah
[close]

haha wha.

[close]
[close]

1000% percent.  I joke on here about race relations and i say a lot of dumb shit, but i'm not kidding when i say that any white person who likes to let me know they are sorry for other white people are 1) delusional or 2) self centered.  Nice job making some random assholes' crumby opinion somehow about you.   Few things as pitiful as blanket apologies where they are neither needed or warranted.   

that being said i don't think Dill is a bad dude or means harm.  He seems like a nice guy, he's just an idiot.  no harm, no foul, only cringe.

White people have nothing to apologise for. Stay proud, bro.

shark tits

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »
i'm pretty sure tyrone's black so....
if you're talking to me, i don't take pride in other people's accomplishments nor do i feel apologetic for their mistakes.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2017, 11:35:29 AM »
i don't think dill apologized for anything. just little jabs at corny ass white people like those charlottesville protesters (those guys are blowing it). obviously not all white people.

but yeah, cool episode. a lot of people hated on FA (and still do) but dill and ave are doing it their way and it's working.

:'( @ dill having dylan's ashes at his place.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:38:15 AM by Big Skatefase »

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2017, 11:47:19 AM »
need a full Alien Workshop episode next season

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2017, 12:32:34 PM »
Wow. I never thought that Dill's epicly laterd would be my favorite. I think it's because it was so skateboarding oriented and there were so many clips that I had never seen before. Pat has got to make his episodes more like this one. Definitely a great watch.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »

incredibly well put. even with good intentions that shit comes off as disingenuous at best.

whole ep was great and dill really came off a lot more likable overall but that one line really took him down a couple notches.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2017, 12:56:25 PM »
Such a great episode
Oh that Dylan part.
Isn't Dill married? Or did I imagine that? Every time you see the inside of his houses I can picture Dill, and only Dill living there. That's not a bad thing

Yeah he is, I was hoping his wife would be interviewed, would be intriguing to hear how she reacted to her pro board too.

Good episode but a fair amount of it was rehashed, at least for a skate nerd like me. But not everyone remembers the Dill episodes from over a decade ago, so. I wanted to hear more about Dash Snow, IRAK, Supreme, his upbringing, Hockey, his politics, but the Chloe Sevigny and 9/11 parts were worth it.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »
Can we all agree that our favorite moment was Dill talking about Dylan?

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2017, 02:44:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Such a great episode
Oh that Dylan part.
[close]

Yeah he is, I was hoping his wife would be interviewed, would be intriguing to hear how she reacted to her pro board too.

Good episode but a fair amount of it was rehashed, at least for a skate nerd like me. But not everyone remembers the Dill episodes from over a decade ago, so. I wanted to hear more about Dash Snow, IRAK, Supreme, his upbringing, Hockey, his politics, but the Chloe Sevigny and 9/11 parts were worth it.

Kinda glad he didn't bring up IRAK. He is not a writer just because he hangs out with Snotty. And Dash woulda stole his thunder, even though he's been deceased for a min...

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2017, 02:45:43 PM »
I wish i could hump all on Sevigny

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2017, 02:49:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Such a great episode
Oh that Dylan part.
[close]

[close]

Kinda glad he didn't bring up IRAK. He is not a writer just because he hangs out with Snotty. And Dash woulda stole his thunder, even though he's been deceased for a min...

Was this IRAK NYC? Wasn't it also a clothing brand? I always wondered what happened to that.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »
Agreed all around, it was a really well done episode. I know O'Dell only has a certain amount of time to cover things but it would have been interesting for him to dive more into FA's aesthetic and where Dill finds inspiration for creating the FA ethos. It was rad to see him mocking up a graphic in the old school cut-and-paste method that used to be common in early graphic design.

Also got a small chuckle out of Tyshawn's effusive 'no, Dill aint my Dad' answer. And as an aside Nakel always strikes me as an intelligent, well thought out guy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:58:30 PM by heritage »

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »
if you're talking to me, i don't take pride in other people's accomplishments nor do i feel apologetic for their mistakes.

Hey, if you want to keep living in your safe little bubble of privilege with your fingers in your ears go right ahead.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »
you're going to be heavily influenced by your surroundings, but Dill's tenure in NYC clearly chameleon'd himself. androgynous, playfully GAY, ART. it's all a rouse/overhyped by skate media, like people jocking the Gonz for literally ANYTHING he does. It MUST be brilliant! then dill was suddenly DONE with the city after he sobered up. how can you live in NYC for over a decade and claim it as home and just 86 it? i don't see any traces of him now.

guy was BEYOND pretentious at the fish back in the day.

also his 411 day in the life, first place they stopped of to get a coffee was Starbucks, his every day spot.

yeah i'm salty and will watch the living shit out of this.

I don't think he was done with NYC. He moved because he partied too hard there and went out to LA to sober up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:03:47 PM by Tabletop »

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2017, 05:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Can we all agree that our favorite moment was AVE talking about Dill?
[close]

hardly art, hardly starving

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2017, 05:34:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hey, if you want to keep living in your safe little bubble of privilege with your fingers in your ears go right ahead.

Having white privilege is how the world works. You don't fix it by saying "oh sorry im white and thats why i got the job", what the fuck is that going to do? You fix it by acknowledging that us white people do have special treatment and listen to other people of color problems instead of saying stupid shit like "if only they just listened to the cops and complied it would all be fine". You fix it from the inside and not being a little bitch and telling every white person they need to say sorry

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can we all agree that our favorite moment was AVE talking about Dill?
[close]
[close]

it's weird how little Dill footage there is from the time he and AVE went on that tear that resulted in him winning SOTY.  There have been bits here and there that have been really good, but I figured he'd have more.

bawtawd3

« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »
Dills wife is lightskin, he aint really bout that black life. low blow then you fuckheads gotta post a picture right after godammit I feel bad now
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:47:43 PM by bawtawd3 »

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2017, 06:57:32 PM »
Kind of an important thing to skip over during an update episode.

Also, whenever I see that FA team photo with Terpening, I’m always confused at how successful he’s been at getting sponsors with such limited footage. What’s his secret?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2017, 07:08:58 PM »
Kind of an important thing to skip over during an update episode.

Also, whenever I see that FA team photo with Terpening, I’m always confused at how successful he’s been at getting sponsors with such limited footage. What’s his secret?

He’s probably a nice, respectful person people like and want to be around

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2017, 07:45:08 PM »
Ave is a stand up guy.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »
Dill looks like a stand-in for the real groom in that photo.