Author Topic: Dill epicly laterd  (Read 37288 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: Dill epicly laterd
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »
my fav one so far, i choked up a bit during the Dylan part too, it was well done!

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2017, 09:26:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i'm pretty sure tyrone's black so....
if you're talking to me, i don't take pride in other people's accomplishments nor do i feel apologetic for their mistakes.
[close]

Hey, if you want to keep living in your safe little bubble of privilege with your fingers in your ears go right ahead.
[close]

Having white privilege is how the world works. You don't fix it by saying "oh sorry im white and thats why i got the job", what the fuck is that going to do? You fix it by acknowledging that us white people do have special treatment and listen to other people of color problems instead of saying stupid shit like "if only they just listened to the cops and complied it would all be fine". You fix it from the inside and not being a little bitch and telling every white person they need to say sorry

:o The fuck..?
When I think about the types of changes which need to be made for equality to exist in this world, and when I think about "white people" in regards to this, working class idiot skateboarders aren't the ones I'm picturing making waves.

Keep fixing it from "the inside," though, Tobey.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2017, 10:16:06 PM »
need a full Alien Workshop episode next season

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2017, 10:17:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if you're talking to me, i don't take pride in other people's accomplishments nor do i feel apologetic for their mistakes.
[close]

Hey, if you want to keep living in your safe little bubble of privilege with your fingers in your ears go right ahead.
[close]

Having white privilege is how the world works. You don't fix it by saying "oh sorry im white and thats why i got the job", what the fuck is that going to do? You fix it by acknowledging that us white people do have special treatment and listen to other people of color problems instead of saying stupid shit like "if only they just listened to the cops and complied it would all be fine". You fix it from the inside and not being a little bitch and telling every white person they need to say sorry

Speaking straight from the heart  arshole

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2017, 11:10:42 PM »
So he's not sober but on the "no pills, alcohol, hard drugs but weed is okay" - sober kick? what ever works for him!

I really didnt' care for him and the Kalis episode made me dislike him more - but after seeing this i actually understood where he is coming from

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
Kind of an important thing to skip over during an update episode.

Also, whenever I see that FA team photo with Terpening, I’m always confused at how successful he’s been at getting sponsors with such limited footage. What’s his secret?

That reminds me of the 411 day in the life where he says "I like my women darker than I like my coffee"

She's about the same complexion as the coffee but it's all good.

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2017, 01:18:25 AM »
I wonder if Ave works out :D That guy really is build like a greco-roman wrestler

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2017, 03:02:05 AM »
Whats with that haircut? Is he really holding onto that tuff at the front, or is it a hip thing I don't know about?

Also, that back 180 switch manny over the hydrant onto the road is as stylish as it gets. That from the dvs vid? Gotta re watch that.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2017, 03:37:07 AM »
Whats with that haircut? Is he really holding onto that tuff at the front, or is it a hip thing I don't know about?

Also, that back 180 switch manny over the hydrant onto the road is as stylish as it gets. That from the dvs vid? Gotta re watch that.

Yeh his DVS part is so badass, I remember watching it as a kid and really digging it

Those pivot manuals still cut like a knife

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2017, 03:37:37 AM »
It's pretty funny to imagine Dill proposing to someone in his tangential, stream-of-consciousness ranting.   

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2017, 04:46:13 AM »
It's pretty funny to imagine Dill proposing to someone in his tangential, stream-of-consciousness ranting.

"i`d allow you to marry me."

he`s that pretentious guy that you kinda hate, but deep inside cant help but love and secretly envy him. loved the episode.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2017, 07:19:12 AM »
i watched all his parts again.  dude is so great on a skateboard and the editing in his Photosynthesis is in a league with very few other.  Arto in Sorry, Reynolds in Stay Gold, PJ in PJLWHL etc. 

I'll admit that i have always disliked him off the board but i'm coming around.  I think it's because he isn't a bad dude at his core, and a bit much almost all of the time.  he's a weird dude with a hard on for skateboarding. I can dig that. 
where is home?

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
I finally got around to watching this.. and I can honestly say that I like him alot more after watching this episode. He's crazy, but the good kind of crazy that you like to have around.

Never knew he was so into drugs..

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2017, 09:30:27 AM »
i openly love every incarnation of Dill.
hardly art, hardly starving

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

:o The fuck..?
When I think about the types of changes which need to be made for equality to exist in this world, and when I think about "white people" in regards to this, working class idiot skateboarders aren't the ones I'm picturing making waves.

Keep fixing it from "the inside," though, Tobey.

Okay Lena Dunham

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »
I finally got around to watching this.. and I can honestly say that I like him alot more after watching this episode. He's crazy, but the good kind of crazy that you like to have around.

Never knew he was so into drugs..

Seriously?

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »
yeah?

I watched his parts but never really dug into his personal life because I didn't really care? haha

shit_for_brains

« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2017, 09:52:31 AM »
It's not like you had to dig for it. Have you ever seen someone on drugs? If so, and you remembered them, you could look at Dill and go "oh he's on drugs too"

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »
It's not like you had to dig for it. Have you ever seen someone on drugs? If so, and you remembered them, you could look at Dill and go "oh he's on drugs too"

Dude rocked a rat tail, that's an easy confirmation

new_york_shitty

• Rep: -18
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »
Dill and J. Casonova are so so similar and so very very different.

Yu Dum

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Possibly my favorite episode from this season.
I like how he kind of showed the process behind FA/Hockey graphics.
His voice is grating, but he's interesting enough for me to stick around and listen to every bit of it.
The Dylan segment made me tear up. You can hear the pain in his voice at certain moments. Really changed the whole mood.

Shawn

• Rep: 2
    • www.shawncollie.com avatar image
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
we would all be wasted....

Expand Quote
Drink for every person in this thread who claims to hate Dill, but will actively watch this episode when the time comes.
[close]

Has anyone in this thread claimed to hate Dill? I'm very much looking forward to this.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Drink every time he says "art" or "culture"
Take two drinks every time Atiba somehow manages to insert himself or his "perspective" into a story that had nothing to do with him.
If Dill says "upriver" down your drink.
[close]

Drink when he says something derogatory about
-white people
-hipsters
-past skate trends
-current skate trends

[close]

Sincerely,

The Management

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »
Hate to love him and love to hate him but this was a good episode. Best part was no useless dialogue from Atiba.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2017, 11:25:30 AM »
It's crazy to think that he's skated for undeniably three of the coolest or most influential companies, 101, "The Workshop" (this is almost as bad as 18), and FA.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2017, 11:58:08 AM »
Hate to love him and love to hate him but this was a good episode. Best part was no useless dialogue from Atiba.
For once Atiba wasn't there

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:09 PM »
this episode was adorable

I just wanted to run a razor over that lil tuft of hair in the front though

surprised, though thankful atiba wasn't there decked out in supreme just because

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2017, 12:34:39 PM »
Would have liked to have heard about some TV appearance stuff. Osbornes, Love.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hah it's not like Atiba is tracking down the cameras, desperate to get on tv.  they went to his house and asked him these questions, presumably because they didn't have the time/budget to interview specific people for each, so a skate photographer casts a wide net over the industry.  on the other hand, i get it, he's a doofus.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hah it's not like Atiba is tracking down the cameras, desperate to get on tv.  they went to his house and asked him these questions, presumably because they didn't have the time/budget to interview specific people for each, so a skate photographer casts a wide net over the industry.  on the other hand, i get it, he's a doofus.
They did a pretty good job interviewing the right people for this one. Jamie Thomas is the only one that felt out of place.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
But he made a great point, and you know Jamie is staring hard at FA to figure out how to do that with Zero.