Author Topic: Dill epicly laterd  (Read 37289 times)

snowman600

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
Re: Dill epicly laterd
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2017, 05:51:30 PM »
But he made a great point, and you know Jamie is staring hard at FA to figure out how to do that with Zero.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2017, 06:49:38 PM »
33% traditional graphics
33% 90’s nostalgia
33% FA ripoffs

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2017, 06:54:48 PM »
33% traditional graphics
33% 90’s nostalgia
33% FA ripoffs

Is the 1% Jesus stuff?

GinosGroceries

« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »
33% traditional graphics
33% 90’s nostalgia
33% FA ripoffs
1% Marisa & Forrest

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2017, 09:09:19 PM »
Expand Quote
But he made a great point, and you know Jamie is staring hard at FA to figure out how to do that with Zero.

[close]

Zero should have gone the opposite route and done everyone’s death masks

Hypnotoad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #185 on: October 20, 2017, 10:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Holy shit is this graphic for real?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2017, 12:22:01 AM »
Dill's alright.
you never know about pre-cum 

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:34 AM »
I hate Dill a lot sometimes, but I  like Dill most of the time.
Cool dude that has always skated for some sick companies, that just 'knows' what will work.
His dress sense has always been on point, knows what's cool... etc.
He kinda reminds me of MUSKA a little, but MUSKA would hype you up,  where Dill would probably just coolly you ;-)

His photosynthesis part is definitely one my favourites ever.

My girl found me this deck as well, brand new in the shrink...

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2017, 07:45:27 AM »
Would have liked to have heard about some TV appearance stuff. Osbornes, Love.

http://youtu.be/4r61_5ldrus

He'll never touch that again

@ 1:02

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »
I liked the fact that Sean Pablo was an after thought and dill never mentioned him when talking about the kids. Here’s to hoping he gets kicked off soon.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

jomeara1

« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
The "shoving toy cars up butts" comment really threw me off for a second...but then I realized its a Jason Dill interview.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2017, 01:19:53 PM »
The "shoving toy cars up butts" comment really threw me off for a second...but then I realized its a Jason Dill interview.

Ryan Dunn?

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Holy shit is this graphic for real?
[close]

Haha this is the school photo of Colin who owns Sk8 skates in Winnipeg, first person I ever saw skateboarding actually

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2017, 04:27:58 PM »
I'm 2:17 in and I can't take that little mustache

Is that a mustache?? I thought it was Andy Roy blisters that were healing. ???
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Global Moderator

« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2017, 08:24:30 AM »
I didn't know he created the graphics for FA. I thought he was more of a curator-type. Impressed.

FA has graphics that impress you?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2017, 10:30:59 AM »
i think this one and the muska one have been my favorite so far. ive always liked dill. one of the nicest pros ive ever met too. him and kerry getz were standing outside a skatepark and my friend and i walked up to say hi. he was cool and treated us like equals even though we were dorks who asked for autographs. i remember him asking us about local spots even though they had no intention on skating any of the shit in our town.

i never liked those school photo boards because id never ride a board with a little kids school picture on it, but for some reason they just clicked with me. we all start skating when were little kids, and even if were grounded enough to know that being pro might never happen, i think all kids have that dream of growing up and having your own board. to me those graphics represent that dream we all had when we were young. maybe its obvious and im just stupid or maybe im just stupid, but it makes sense to me now. id still never buy one though.

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2017, 02:52:26 PM »
i think this one and the muska one have been my favorite so far. ive always liked dill. one of the nicest pros ive ever met too. him and kerry getz were standing outside a skatepark and my friend and i walked up to say hi. he was cool and treated us like equals even though we were dorks who asked for autographs. i remember him asking us about local spots even though they had no intention on skating any of the shit in our town.

i never liked those school photo boards because id never ride a board with a little kids school picture on it, but for some reason they just clicked with me. we all start skating when were little kids, and even if were grounded enough to know that being pro might never happen, i think all kids have that dream of growing up and having your own board. to me those graphics represent that dream we all had when we were young. maybe its obvious and im just stupid or maybe im just stupid, but it makes sense to me now. id still never buy one though.

actually a good point. similarly, the best part of the ep was at the end when he's really earnestly gushing over how well all those kids have done. you can tell he is genuinely stoked at all his little proteges are at the top right now.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote
you're going to be heavily influenced by your surroundings, but Dill's tenure in NYC clearly chameleon'd himself. androgynous, playfully GAY, ART. it's all a rouse/overhyped by skate media, like people jocking the Gonz for literally ANYTHING he does. It MUST be brilliant! then dill was suddenly DONE with the city after he sobered up. how can you live in NYC for over a decade and claim it as home and just 86 it? i don't see any traces of him now.

guy was BEYOND pretentious at the fish back in the day.

also his 411 day in the life, first place they stopped of to get a coffee was Starbucks, his every day spot.

yeah i'm salty and will watch the living shit out of this.
[close]

I don't think he was done with NYC. He moved because he partied too hard there and went out to LA to sober up.

Also, New York is significantly more difficult to film in than LA especially with Dill's style of skating.

A full NYC street part stands the test of time, while footage comprised of vast school yard with arbitrarily placed fiberglass benches comes and goes. totally get there is raw shit to skate in LA/SoCal but you catch my drift there is a reason you never saw NYC footage from a lot of west coast guys unless it was a gap.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:01 PM »
Looks like TWS is going to release the Brian Eno cut of the Dill/Ave Feedback part this week. 

Would love to see Photosynthesis re-edited to Oasis’s Fucking in the Bushes and other parts  and song combos (maybe Guy’s Mouse part to Black Sabbath) that almost were

Grind King Rims

« Reply #199 on: October 24, 2017, 04:48:18 AM »
Looks like TWS is going to release the Brian Eno cut of the Dill/Ave Feedback part this week. 

Would love to see Photosynthesis re-edited to Oasis’s Fucking in the Bushes and other parts  and song combos (maybe Guy’s Mouse part to Black Sabbath) that almost were

Oh sweet, that's cool, where did you see that?
On the topic of different song choices, Koston's Yeah Right part that was edited to Prince's Let's Go Crazy was really good, I wish they could have stuck with that.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2017, 05:28:40 AM »
Cool dude that has always skated for some sick companies, that just 'knows' what will work.
He kinda reminds me of MUSKA a little, but MUSKA would hype you up,  where Dill would probably just coolly you ;-)

He was on that NYC hipster trend pretty hard in skate more, not a bad thing but it was pretty funny

it's also funny how the dickies and tucked in t-shirt/tanktop thing he was doing in mindfield was crazy ahead of its time, the look didnt really catch on till like 4/5 years later

he kinda invented the modern street wear outfit

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

On the topic of different song choices, Koston's Yeah Right part that was edited to Prince's Let's Go Crazy was really good, I wish they could have stuck with that.

was that really the original choice? i think it might've been good as a stand alone part, but i think that black francis song was perfect for the ender to that video. honestly, if i had to pick a list of best songs/parts, i think black francis/koston in yeah right would be on that list.

thinking about it now, that entire soundtrack is killer. going to look for a spotify playlist now.

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #202 on: October 24, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »
Zero should kick everyone off so it can really say it has zero riders. Or never mention any names in their videos and blur everyones faces like an episode of COPS.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: October 24, 2017, 01:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

TWS insta story

I’ve seen the Prince version.  I liked it.  Apparently Gino had a different song in core versions of Yeah Right?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #204 on: October 24, 2017, 01:46:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

TWS insta story

I’ve seen the Prince version.  I liked it.  Apparently Gino had a different song in core versions of Yeah Right?

The Yeah Right DVD I had had a bunch of alternate parts. Gino was had Cover Girls - Show Me which I remember also had the lyrics about it being easy. BA had The Stooges - Down on the street. Carrol's song was Frisco which I assume wasn't used because of Free Your MInd earlier in the year. Also had the Koston Prince version, which I didn't like because it went through a bunch of the bangers at the end way too quick to go along with the song.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #205 on: October 24, 2017, 01:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

TWS insta story

[close]

The Yeah Right DVD I had had a bunch of alternate parts. Gino was had Cover Girls - Show Me which I remember also had the lyrics about it being easy. BA had The Stooges - Down on the street. Carrol's song was Frisco which I assume wasn't used because of Free Your MInd earlier in the year. Also had the Koston Prince version, which I didn't like because it went through a bunch of the bangers at the end way too quick to go along with the song.

It also had an extended Owen Wilson skit, which was great. My buddy found a copy in perfect condition for like $3.00 at some used CD store recently and gave it to me. I was stoked it was the "proper" edition with the original soundtrack.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #206 on: October 24, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »

Also, New York is significantly more difficult to film in than LA especially with Dill's style of skating.

A full NYC street part stands the test of time, while footage comprised of vast school yard with arbitrarily placed fiberglass benches comes and goes. totally get there is raw shit to skate in LA/SoCal but you catch my drift there is a reason you never saw NYC footage from a lot of west coast guys unless it was a gap.

A good part is a good part, doesn't matter where it's filmed. A SoCal mini table is as legendary as any other spot, hence why they are used as... a benchmark ::). New York looks rad on video, but it can get just as repetitive as any other backdrop (another bump over bar? Perhaps a couple wallies? Same 2 ledge spots people have been skating since 1990?). I'm from the east coast, EE3 is one of my all time favorites, but knocking SoCal spots has always seemed like jealousy disguised as 'pffft, I don't even wanna skate those boring ass spots, I'm a tough ass east coaster and all my spots are waaaay rougher and harder to skate, so that means I'm more "real" than some pansy west coast skater'. For some people, having to struggle makes something more worthwhile, and they often feel spite towards those whom they feel haven't had it as 'rough' as them. Personally, I can't get enough of VX1000 in the California sun with palm trees in the background. That's what skateboarding looks like in my head.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2017, 03:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A good part is a good part, doesn't matter where it's filmed. A SoCal mini table is as legendary as any other spot, hence why they are used as... a benchmark ::). New York looks rad on video, but it can get just as repetitive as any other backdrop (another bump over bar? Perhaps a couple wallies? Same 2 ledge spots people have been skating since 1990?). I'm from the east coast, EE3 is one of my all time favorites, but knocking SoCal spots has always seemed like jealousy disguised as 'pffft, I don't even wanna skate those boring ass spots, I'm a tough ass east coaster and all my spots are waaaay rougher and harder to skate, so that means I'm more "real" than some pansy west coast skater'. For some people, having to struggle makes something more worthwhile, and they often feel spite towards those whom they feel haven't had it as 'rough' as them. Personally, I can't get enough of VX1000 in the California sun with palm trees in the background. That's what skateboarding looks like in my head.

i love how SoCal looks on video, i want to move to LA after being in NYC for 14 years. i'm just stating a fact that there is a reason people tend to get less clips in new york and typically they are more meaningful in the story behind what went into getting those clips. Obviously people still shit themselves when they see what Jake Johnson did at spots skated in MindField and if that part was filmed in SoCal it would not stand the test of time guaranteed.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #208 on: October 24, 2017, 04:22:24 PM »

i love how SoCal looks on video, i want to move to LA after being in NYC for 14 years. i'm just stating a fact that there is a reason people tend to get less clips in new york and typically they are more meaningful in the story behind what went into getting those clips. Obviously people still shit themselves when they see what Jake Johnson did at spots skated in MindField and if that part was filmed in SoCal it would not stand the test of time guaranteed.

I wanna know more about these stories behind the clips. ;)

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He was on that NYC hipster trend pretty hard in skate more, not a bad thing but it was pretty funny

it's also funny how the dickies and tucked in t-shirt/tanktop thing he was doing in mindfield was crazy ahead of its time, the look didnt really catch on till like 4/5 years later

he kinda invented the modern street wear outfit

people in japan were dressing like that for years before Dill