Author Topic: RIP Mr Lahey/John Dunsworth  (Read 4773 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: RIP Mr Lahey/John Dunsworth
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:21:35 PM »
RIP Mr Lahey. This drinkypoo is for you bud.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 02:42:21 AM »
I've seen him in public a couple times, each time I walked away laughing and in a better mood.  First time he was behind me in line at the liquor store, when it was his turn he says to the cashier "What you're not gonna ID me too!?"

Second time was at a charity auction dinner I was working.  His friend had just won a red convertible Corvette, at which point John grabbed the keys from his hand, jumped in the driver seat in the middle of the ballroom and shouted "Get in!  Let's go for a ride!"

RIP to an incredible human, I strongly recommend watching this if you haven't already;

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcQfP8k51s

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 05:01:04 AM »
This really bums me out.  RIP, Shitbird.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 05:37:20 AM »
This guy and the Lahey character provided an infinite number of laughs and good times to people all over the world, pretty amazing contribution to humanity. Reminds me of the days of getting off work on a payday from working wack call-center jobs, then meeting up with a homie and makin the crucial run to grab weed, beer and a new season of trailer park boys or south park on DVD, then just getting baked, buzzed eating chips and laughing our asses of to Lahey's exploits, good times.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 06:54:09 AM »
I've seen him in public a couple times, each time I walked away laughing and in a better mood.  First time he was behind me in line at the liquor store, when it was his turn he says to the cashier "What you're not gonna ID me too!?"

Second time was at a charity auction dinner I was working.  His friend had just won a red convertible Corvette, at which point John grabbed the keys from his hand, jumped in the driver seat in the middle of the ballroom and shouted "Get in!  Let's go for a ride!"

RIP to an incredible human, I strongly recommend watching this if you haven't already;

I figured there were some skaters around in the maratimes that would share something.....I had heard he was nice and approachable.....a drama teacher or something....that was a good watch...thanks...

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I figured there were some skaters around in the maratimes that would share something.....I had heard he was nice and approachable.....a drama teacher or something....that was a good watch...thanks...

That video was sick. I watched the catch up one from 2016 as well and he made even more stuff. Really inspirational.

Randozzi

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »
RIP, a great physical comedian and actor.
The shithawk will be missed.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:24 PM »

Amazing stuff. He seems so down to earth. For years i truly thought he was somewhat drunk on TPB. True talent.

Here’s a great tribute
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2mvN1SJiLs&feature=youtu.be
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
big time bummer..

AllBranFlakes69

• Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 09:39:27 PM »

Thank you for this. Rest in peace John :'( I still can`t believe he`s gone.

nsskater1993

• Rep: 1
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 07:36:41 AM »
John was born in my hometown, losing him was like losing family even though I never met the guy. Trailer Park Boys was a huge part of the culture here growing up, providing young grade school kids like me with the perfect example of swearing misfits we all craved. He truly was an example of how much of a great soul can come from my community ("The South Shore"). It's nice to see the Slap community acknowledge Mr. Dunsworth and how much his loss is felt around the world. Oddly, the day that he passed was when my Baker x TPB Ricky board arrived in the mail. It's hard to think what will happen to the show after such an important character leaves us. The loss of J Roc, Trevor and Phil Collins was pretty heavy but I don't really see how they can move on without Lahey. Maybe Randy has more of an involved role as an antagonist? Who knows.

But back to the moral of the post, RIP John Dunsworth.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:40:45 AM by nsskater1993 »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
Obviously Rick and Julian are the main focus, but Mr Lahey played such a huge role in that show. Without him and the rest of the supporting cast that they've lost over the years, I really hope they just end it in this next season. It's just going to look like a shallow money grab for everyone involved if they keep it going.