Author Topic: Skatopia Founder Brewce Martin on Trial for Felonious Vehicular Assault.  (Read 14372 times)

Halo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
And I am tired of watching people get abused by him. The link for the news story is at the bottom of this personal story:

Thank you for reading... from the bottom of my heart. I am a shaking mess as I share this... but my revolver is on my side.

www.gofundme.com/BrewceMartinsLegacy

shit_for_brains

Re: Skatopia Founder Brewce Martin on Trial for Felonious Vehicular Assault.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »
16 paragraphs?

Halo

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 12:07:20 PM »
16 paragraphs?

...yeah. And I still feel likeI should just write a book because the story is actually 16 years long.

Thank you for reading, though. I appreciate it!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 12:08:18 PM »
No I just counted paragraphs. Have you thought about revising? I'm not trying to be harsh, but if you want people to read it I think it'll help.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:11:33 PM by shit_for_brains »

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »
Fuck. That's heartbreaking. What a piece of trash.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

Halo

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:15:09 PM »
No I just counted paragraphs. Have you thought about revising? I'm not trying to be harsh, but if you want people to read it I think it'll help.

I appreciate the advice... I cant actually access the site. It was an interview, but I will let Ben know!

I didnt even really want to share. Its so embarrassing. But I have had other women begging me to stand up... so I am.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 12:18:38 PM »
"I mean this guy was a real jerk." -N.M.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »
To be fair sfb if you do read it it's pretty crushing and while I won't judge the man from a distance all previous information leads me to think it could be accurate and warrants the lengthy description. F it was just a quick sob story and hands out with the begging bowl it would be far easier to dismiss.

Good luck and I hope the best for Halo and her daughter.

shark tits

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »
good luck halo and everyone. what's the story behind the vehicular assault? or the baseball bat kid?
so you're telling me that ssi can garnish wages?
sorry that skaters turned their back on you and all the rest of it. minions? what a world!

Halo

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 12:57:31 PM »
good luck halo and everyone. what's the story behind the vehicular assault? or the baseball bat kid?
so you're telling me that ssi can garnish wages?
sorry that skaters turned their back on you and all the rest of it. minions? what a world!

Thank you. The vehicular assault story is here: http://meigspress.galliaherald.com/2017/06/04/skatopias-martin-allegedly-involved-in-assault-with-a-vehicle/

It has opened the door for me to be able to FINALLY subpoena witnesses and give many people closure as I assist the current victim. However, the current victim was assigned a court appointed attorney and needs a REAL one.

The baseball bat incident occurred around 2009... he is in jail in the documentary for it... of course he doesnt tell the true story in the documentary. He and this girl Sabrina were having an affair with eachother and when her boyfriend found out Brewce tried to kill him with a baseball bat.

I do not know if SSI can garnish wages... he has no wages to garnish. He lives off of donations to “Skatopia” but my daughter receives $68/month because Brewce is “disabled”. Once he is jailed the money to my daughter will stop.

I hope I answered everything!

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
I remember thinking about how weird Brewce was on 88 Acres of Anarchy. I root for you Halo !

I can read sixteen paragraphs with no problem at all. Thank God I dont have shit for brains.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 01:38:03 PM »
Wow. Hard read. Hope things work out for you Halo

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
I don't get why this guy in the car needs an attorney. Is he suing Brewce?
you never know about pre-cum 

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 01:41:17 PM »
I don't think anyone is surprised that Brewcey Brewce is a scumbag.  I watched 15 minutes of that documentary and couldn't believe he skates.  Comes off more like a motocross white power bro.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »
I don't think anyone is surprised that Brewcey Brewce is a scumbag.  I watched 15 minutes of that documentary and couldn't believe he skates.  Comes off more like a motocross white power bro.
You can be both.

shark tits

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 01:55:54 PM »
where's bloody matt to apologize for him?
i 2nd dwarf paladin's question, why does a victim of car assault need a lawyer? should have a prosecutor working for him.
halo, maybe if you crowdfund successfully you could build a girl skatopia? feel like that's a more noble goal or like there'd be a return on the investment.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 02:08:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You can be both.

Well at least where I'm from here in SoCal they are a breed of their own

Joey Fatone

• Rep: -14
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »
I can read sixteen paragraphs with no problem at all. Thank God I dont have shit for brains.

LOL

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 05:00:20 PM »
After watching that Skatopia documentary a while ago I already thought he was a piece of shit. This does not shock me at all. So many women have to put up with shit like this. Lock him up and let him rot.

Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 05:22:28 PM »
Damn that sucks.  He seemed kinda scummy in that documentary, but damn.

Edit:  I didn't know much about skatopia besides watching the documentary.  I'm going through the skatopia links section and holy fuck.  These guys are morons.  Infowars, really?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:30:07 PM by igrindtwinkies »

Halo

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 05:50:02 PM »
I don't get why this guy in the car needs an attorney. Is he suing Brewce?

Brewce has plead not guilty for reason of insanity. If he were temporarily insane that would be one thing... but he is not. It is going to trial now, so the victim needs a lawyer and has to subpoena witnesses from the last 20 years to testify about his behavior. None of the witnesses or past victims will come forward because we were all afraid to do so. Therefore, each victim has to be subpoened to court. It costs money to file each subpoena and he must also pay the gas (and possibly lodging) for each person as well. Plus, if they are subpoenaed they cannot chicken out last minute...

After the lawyer is paid and the witnesses/victims are subpoened our daughter will receive funds for the scoliosis therapy. If there are any funds remaining they will be donated to an abuse shelter. The shelter that helped me out after he knocked my bittom teeth out with a skateboard.

Memories are flooding back in. I dont know if this was a good idea to try and put this man away forever or not. I just wanna fucking skate without feeling like I am doing something wrong.

Halo

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 05:58:39 PM »

where's bloody matt to apologize for him?
i 2nd dwarf paladin's question, why does a victim of car assault need a lawyer? should have a prosecutor working for him.
halo, maybe if you crowdfund successfully you could build a girl skatopia? feel like that's a more noble goal or like there'd be a return on the investment.
[/quote]

I replied about the lawyer above... thats a good idea about the girl skatopia but I think if you are interested in advancing female skating opportunities donating to the Girls Riders Organization would be a good idea.

One day maybe my daughter will help change Skatopia, Brandon is already trying and doing a good job at it.

I am doing this because I finally got tired of being depressed and I feel the need to give the hundreds of people he has tortured or harrassed closure... I am tired of being afraid to go to the skate park. I am tired of his control. I am motivated to stand!

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »
That guy did seem like a douche bag in that documentary.  Good luck.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
"I'm going to run this guy down dead because he argued with me at a gas station"

This guy is the biggest piece of shit, he should of killed himself a long time ago.  It's hard to believe there are people stupid enough to follow him like hes the messiah.  His "minions" should probably all kill themselves too.  It would be a blessing if they set up a mass suicide and turn Skatopia into Jonestown.  The world needs less of these kinds of people.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 10:22:39 PM »
I think people are hung up on the lawyer issue because criminal cases in the U.S. are handled by District Attorneys/County Prosecutors. Thus, witness fees would be paid out by public funds and prosecutors would issue their own subpoenas.

It sounds highly unusual to hire a private attorney as a victim on behalf of the "people" or "state" unless it is actually a civil case. If he's suing Brewce for injury or emotional distress it also would seem futile to get any money out of it.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2017, 05:42:19 AM »
I think people are hung up on the lawyer issue because criminal cases in the U.S. are handled by District Attorneys/County Prosecutors. Thus, witness fees would be paid out by public funds and prosecutors would issue their own subpoenas.

It sounds highly unusual to hire a private attorney as a victim on behalf of the "people" or "state" unless it is actually a civil case. If he's suing Brewce for injury or emotional distress it also would seem futile to get any money out of it.

As a litigation attorney of 15 yrs...this.  Victims of crimes don't need to hire lawyers or subpoena witnesses...you can't do that even if you wanted to, only the gov can bring an action on behalf of "the people..." Of course there can be a civil suit covering the same conduct, and if the Defendant has $$$ there almost always will be (think OJ getting a defense verdict in his criminal case but guilty in the civil case due to the much lower burden of proof)... but Brewce seems like what we'd call "judgment proof"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 06:02:52 AM »
On the Going To Skatopia thread I was going to write but left out "I wouldn't go if you are a girl because every time I've seen Brewce he's had a different jail bait girlfriend and it seems kinda skeevy."

Thanks for fleshing out the situation.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 06:41:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing your story. I can't imagine it's easy. I haven't seen the documentary but I've always been sketched out by this guy. He seems to keep a culty kind of harem of young women. Those situations always carry a whiff of abuse.

I'm also confused about the legal plans and advise researching multiple methods of action, but here, take $15 for your daughter's troubles.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 09:16:42 AM »
the bible belt needs a new Skatopia

who will build it?