Author Topic: Rad Rat - PopWar is Back?! The Rise, Fall, and Return of PopWar!  (Read 1591 times)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298

I never realized what a ignored force New Deal was at the time of their demise. very sad.
I always liked Popwar's colorful graphics and low-key muckraking, this was a nice trip down memory lane.

waffle

• Rep: 125
Re: Rad Rat - PopWar is Back?! The Rise, Fall, and Return of PopWar!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:25:49 PM »
The random Utah dude buying the rights to popwar was pretty interesting.
Also, the "raw pop" anagram was new for me.

I remember getting free stickers as a grom from the local shop, and always picking the popwar ones. Their aesthetic ruled, shame they went under.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -92
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 11:09:23 PM »
I thought popwear came back in the early 2010s as hype! skateboards?

I just watched one of their clips and the branding is really similar to that of popwar.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

maurice povich

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 08:24:41 AM »
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:5q4p0y.2.1

ps stix owns the name popwar.

you cant tradmark a name unless you have physical products to prove you are actually using the name. otherwise rich companies would buy every name that exists to block others from using them and starting competing brands with out having to anything but paperwork.

you all should take a look at the trademark data base and type in your favorite brands. there are lots of brands that dont have their name protected. also Revive, the brand that everyone hates on, doesnt own the rights to that name. another company has the name revive protected for making clothes which means revive skateboards isnt supposed to be making those t-shirts. the name revive skateboards isnt protected either. fully hijackable.