Author Topic: Rough Cut: Clint Walker's "Saturdays" Part 1 and 2  (Read 8977 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Rough Cut: Clint Walker's "Saturdays" Part 1 and 2
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2017, 09:39:05 AM »
What people do off the board makes you not like them? Kinda like your campaign to bring heat to Soma park over pissing, which could have led to it being shut down? Being the point man for news reporters who want somebody who skates to talk shit about what other skateboarders do? Get off your high horse, kook. You are one of the shittiest people who posts on here, yet you moralize constantly as if we should all aim to be just like you. Come back when you don't have personal campaigns to shut down popular skate parks

The idea that he "could have" sent dude to the hospital when he clearly didn't is fucking stupid. It actually proves my point more. Could he have hit him hard enough and in a spot which sent him to the hospital? Sure. Did he do that? nah.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought for sure he was gonna freak out on that janitor guy like he did that poor guy living in the tent. Maybe he's chilled out a little
[close]
Again, dude in tent attacked him first. If you want to go in on him for bothering a guy by skating next to his tent, ok, I guess (you and I bother people every day we skate the streets), but y'all again are exaggerating what happened for the sake of drama.
[close]
heres the thing man
if i was living in a tent and didn't skate i would be upset too if some cowboy kept skating by my head.i wouldn't come out swinging but the truth is  just because the dudes homeless doesn't mean he shouldn't be treated like a human. there are plenty of spots out there clint can go film his "throw away line" at. would it have ruined his day to just move on and find someplace else to skate? i doubt it. clearly the homeless guy is having a hard time in life, clint knew he was in the tent and kept zipping by his head. that right there is a dick move and i can see how from the dude in the tents eyes he might have felt threatened by it all. anyways i skate for fun and for me pissing people off isn't all that fun. if i ever feel like I'm pissing someone off when I'm skating in the streets i just move on. there is a whole world of shit to skate i don't need to ruin anyones day with my fun.
That's a much more valid point. The idea of "don't bother homeless people when you skate" is actually an accurate and fair criticism, whereas a lot of people are blowing it up and bullshitting like he burnt the dude's tent down and shot him while he escaped the flames. If the original story pisses you off, stick with it, don't try to make it something its not.

Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »
What people do off the board makes you not like them? Kinda like your campaign to bring heat to Soma park over pissing, which could have led to it being shut down? Being the point man for news reporters who want somebody who skates to talk shit about what other skateboarders do? Get off your high horse, kook. You are one of the shittiest people who posts on here, yet you moralize constantly as if we should all aim to be just like you. Come back when you don't have personal campaigns to shut down popular skate parks

The idea that he "could have" sent dude to the hospital when he clearly didn't is fucking stupid. It actually proves my point more. Could he have hit him hard enough and in a spot which sent him to the hospital? Sure. Did he do that? nah.

My campaign to shut down Soma park... yep. That's my goal dude. Kill the skatepark I helped lobby for.

I know this conversation has drifted off topic, but if anyone is wondering.... I filmed the puddles of piss that fellow skaters were creating in the corner of a skatepark. Turns out the city was ignoring cleaning that shit up and instead they were focusing on buffing all the graffiti. The city ignored my requests to clean that area for months, so I did it myself, made a video of the work that went into it, and asked skaters to stop pissing inside the skatepark.

The video got shared by a ton of skaters who backed the idea. A news agency saw the video, asked what they could do to help, and helped bring the issue to the attention of the city who in turn started cleaning up the piss and installed a porta-potty. I'll leave that up to you to decide whether or not that makes me a kook.

Back to Clint Walker, dude is one of the most talented cats on a board and that part was amazing. Hope to see some peace made between him and Raven down the road.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:51:01 PM by tkp »

flaskate33

• Rep: 0
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »
gnarly dude, gnarly part, but ill never like him

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2017, 05:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Jockstrap showing the hipsters how it's done with the body varial and no comply variations. It's a shame it can't be discussed without degrading into Raven vs Clint or Homeless Guy vs Clint debates.
[close]
Needless to say, these forums hold power. I can't help but see this every time they are referenced in a negative light. Sure, fucked up opinions float around from time to time but this is the last remaining resource out there where we can continually discuss shit that happens in the skateboarding industry with relevance.

If you come here expecting a bunch of clones agreeing with one another about how rad everything about skateboarding is, you have come to the wrong place.

that wasn't directed specifically at the forum. A few nights ago I was drinking and watching clips with some friends and suggested checking out Clint's raw footage since I hadn't gotten round to it. Everyone just started whining about how he's a jock, and when we finally watched it people were hesitant to acknowledge the gnar, which I thought was undeniable. I also thought it was creative, stylish, and unpredictable. But yeah in all honesty he does seem like a dickhead in interviews and stuff.

I love the overly opinionated, nit picking discussions that go on here. Just adding my thoughts. Keep hating haters, and I'll keep hating on the hate!

nothingisspecial

• Rep: -53
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2017, 09:34:37 PM »
Wow a lot of you boys need a kiss on the lips and some chocolate... eveeeeeerrrrryyyyyybooooodddddyyyyyyy chilllllllll outtttt ooooo nnnnnn thhhe clinnttt walkkkkker blahhhh blahhh blahhhh

A lot of people act like they never make mistakes, holy shit!

Let’s get back to discussing the skating!!! Dude RIPS

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2017, 08:11:52 AM »
he seems like the kind of guy that would snort crank of a homemade bowie knife.  and i mean that in the most complimentary way possible.

the skating and personality come from the same place.  you cant have one without the other. hes not the first nor will he be the last skater to be a little nutty.  i think hes going to age well, like a fine AVE.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.