Author Topic: new MINUIT - Bordeaux  (Read 1098 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
new MINUIT - Bordeaux
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSWPyyvMad4

Yoan Taillandier at it again !

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Re: new MINUIT - Bordeaux
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:09:11 AM »
That was a treat! So many names in this one. I'll always be a huge fan of Yoan and the crew. Hopefully he releases Minuit 2 one day but for now, little things like this once in a blue moon will do

Randozzi

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 12:40:43 AM »
That was great, but it left me wanting more.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »
caught up with Yoan for a quick Q&A, it's not much but may provide some answers to those wondering about his current activity : http://liveskateboardmedia.com/en/article/yoan-taillandier-5-ws

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:15:39 AM »
that was good....but far from his best stuff.

Thanks for the interview btw. I'm curious to see what happens when Taillandier moves to Paris, as an edit like that is obviously kinda limited by the spots available in Bordeaux, which is a small city. If he films some downhill shit in Paris like he did in SF.....could be epic.

Finally it seems to me a shared Valls/Daurel  part would be awesome for some strange reason. Probably cause they're both super fun to watch and it would cover transition as well as street?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 03:38:07 AM »
that was good....but far from his best stuff.

Thanks for the interview btw. I'm curious to see what happens when Taillandier moves to Paris, as an edit like that is obviously kinda limited by the spots available in Bordeaux, which is a small city. If he films some downhill shit in Paris like he did in SF.....could be epic.

Finally it seems to me a shared Valls/Daurel  part would be awesome for some strange reason. Probably cause they're both super fun to watch and it would cover transition as well as street?

quite frankly, this is all leftovers from various projects and most of the clips date back to 2014-ish. most of the skaters featured in the montage don't even live in Bordeaux anymore, and maybe half the spots have been torn down since (such as those wavy ledges at the bottom of the church). I was living in Bordeaux and present when most of this was filmed and edited ; this exact montage has been sitting on Yoan's hard drive (in this current state) for over three years. no idea as to why he's just putting it up now.

I wish Yoan wasn't so much of a constant inner struggle ; as an artist he has a sharp, very accute vision of how he wants his stuff to look like, and be presented, but realistically he's more often than not lacking the means to achieve materializing just that, and I'm not just talking about money but really everything - time, opportunities. moving to Paris and skating with new skaters should definitely do him well. what he's been dropping for the Futur guys has been sick so far, so it looks like he needs some company (not just talking brands) to give him fresh perspectives maybe. as of now it seems like being stuck in Bordeaux has been burning him out, for quite a while too.

Seb Daurel had a full-length vert part (!) in Nikola Racan's "Solsticij" (https://theories-of-atlantis.myshopify.com/products/solsticij-dvd / http://solsticij.bigcartel.com/product/solsticij-pre-order). it was a really sweet surprise and that section made me feel like I was watching "Useless Wooden Toys".

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 09:12:58 AM »
thanks for the insight man!
Yoann sounds like he should work with Puleo....hahaha    :-X :-X
Just kidding, anyways I'll check out his stuff with Futur, I'd never heard of that brand.

Stoked Daurel is still producing too, he's almost my age! quadragenaire style!
now for you US guys who don't know who we are talking about, check this out, he's one of a kind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFeTGPWKsGs

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »
The world needs Minuit 2... all of the SF footage from his last trip that is unreleased, all of your footage Aymeric, and I know there is so so much more. One day I hope!

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 07:02:12 PM »
always stoked on new minuit edits