Author Topic: Cyrus Bennett -- Nike SB Elite Squad  (Read 9442 times)

thebacker

Re: Cyrus Bennett -- Nike SB Elite Squad
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2017, 06:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If he skated the same way but on Simi Valley spots, dressed like Chris Joslin, and rode for darkstar and etnies would you give two shits about him?  I'm looking for a real answer, not some knee-jerk reaction. 

He's alright but i think about the things I mentioned above and not sure I really care about this dude.
[close]

This guy is one of the biggest contrarian, anti-"hipster" cornballs on this board. If he sees anything get love on SLAP, he has to talk shit on it for no reason.

We get it, dude. Anything SLAP likes, you don't. You're such a fucking dork.
[close]

Never said I didn't like him, merely pointed out the places he skates contributes more than some of his skating than some of his actual clips.    Don't you have a cat to go abuse?
[close]

The only pussy I still abuse is your mom's

God damn demolished

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »
i loved that lil bs transfer on the jersey barriers

720p60fps looks so good  8)

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -598
  • who knows
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2017, 07:20:18 AM »

Wow.  I got hit with a zinger.  How delusional does a person need to be in order believe that is clever?   Thought level on par with an obnoxious overweight kid at a skate park.  Can't handle different opinions when outside you're safe space. 

I'm sorry I didn't kiss the ass of the skater you like.
where is home?

Yu Dum

« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2017, 08:09:01 AM »
Come on guys, be real...if he was a different skater in a different area of the country with different sponsors would y'all even like him?

I thought it was great, I love his kickflips very much.  :-*
As long as he skated with the same aggression and power, then yes, I would still love him.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 08:25:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If he skated the same way but on Simi Valley spots, dressed like Chris Joslin, and rode for darkstar and etnies would you give two shits about him?  I'm looking for a real answer, not some knee-jerk reaction. 

He's alright but i think about the things I mentioned above and not sure I really care about this dude.
[close]

This guy is one of the biggest contrarian, anti-"hipster" cornballs on this board. If he sees anything get love on SLAP, he has to talk shit on it for no reason.

We get it, dude. Anything SLAP likes, you don't. You're such a fucking dork.
[close]

Never said I didn't like him, merely pointed out the places he skates contributes more than some of his skating than some of his actual clips.    Don't you have a cat to go abuse?
[close]

[close]

God damn demolished
Jesus Christ, smokecrack, have mercy.

booty

• Rep: 21
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2017, 09:06:47 AM »
Expand Quote
a bunch of kids are about to discover aglio e olio for the first time
[close]

It begs the question - are the Beastie Boys underrated?   I say yes bc they have so many deep cuts like this and their more instrumental stuff that most people don’t know about and just see them as putting out singles like Girls, Sabotage, and Interglactic which are good too.   And MCA (r.i.p.) was one of the coolest motherfuckers ever

Only underrated by the current generation of teen to mid twenties kids, and probably only due to lack of exposure. Beastie Boys were the paragon of music & style for myself and crews I came up with. Already my favorite group by the time Questionable came out. There was a clear symbiotic relationship between the Beastie Boys and Skateboarding. Unfortunately thats just history at this point. All it's gonna take is a Beastie Boys song in the next Supreme video and the kids will connect it. It would be good for them too (Beasties turned me on to countless other genres of music, art and key figures)

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2017, 03:30:36 PM »
The Nollie Flip?
That was my only complaint could've been the angle but didn't look so hot. Spot and trick selection where sick. Loved that shuv out of the boardslide on the curved rail thing.

Yeah, I just pointed it out as a joke because it immediately made me think of a donkey rearing, very early in the part.
You're right about the angle though, and the rest is very solid, no question.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2022, 11:21:54 PM »
bumping this so nike can get their fucking shit together and re-upload this vid/rectify their sins

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2022, 02:42:55 AM »
bumping this so nike can get their fucking shit together and re-upload this vid/rectify their sins
Someone re-uploaded it

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2022, 02:55:18 AM »
Would really like to see the Kev Terp one again

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2022, 03:32:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Someone re-uploaded it

O, I'm a moron. Thanks!

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2022, 07:03:19 AM »

are you scuba, or are you dill? because those are the only two dudes that have been looking for twerp footage in half a decade

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2022, 07:53:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you scuba, or are you dill? because those are the only two dudes that have been looking for twerp footage in half a decade
Lol it's not even especially about liking the part. (I honestly can't even remember it) it's about a conversation me and friends had at the time about what video parts were going to become and that was an example. I think it was less tricks more like a handful of stuff you can actually do, not something that takes 6hours. But then as I said I can't remember the actual part anymore.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1214
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2022, 01:25:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Lol it's not even especially about liking the part. (I honestly can't even remember it) it's about a conversation me and friends had at the time about what video parts were going to become and that was an example. I think it was less tricks more like a handful of stuff you can actually do, not something that takes 6hours. But then as I said I can't remember the actual part anymore.
no comply nose manual